Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 02-11-2014, 10:37 PM   #1
stealth_grey12

Drives: 2012 V6 1LT RS
Are there any Portland, OR groups or meet ups?

Hey all,

Fairly new on here and just curious if there are any Portland people that know of any regular meet up spots? It be cool to hang out with other Camaro enthusiasts and see what they are doing with their pride and joy!
stealth_grey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:56 AM   #2
owhite3003
Z-BEAST

Drives: 2013 JDP ZL-850 Track Spec ZL1,
The Columbia River Camaro Club seems to get together a lot. I have talked to a couple of members and they seem pretty cool. I haven't been to any coffee and cars meet ups that are around. I am waiting for the warmer weather to get my sled out of the garage.
owhite3003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 05:44 PM   #3
Teamradrz1

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anniversary Edition
X2 on CRCC

I'm the VP elect this year, we meet the 1st Tuesday of every month and try to have 2 events every month from drives, car shows, Drag races, a track day this year at PIR, social gatherings and other fun stuff. We try to mix it up so there is something for everyone. check out our site or PM me for more info.

James
Old 02-13-2014, 05:53 PM   #4
Jayhawk500

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Hi James!

2010 2SS/RS, Six speed, Rally Yellow w/ Black Painted Stripes, Boston Acoustic Stereo, Polished 20" wheels, Solo Mach X Catback Exhaust, Solo HF Cats, Halltech CAI, Full Dash & Door ABL, ABL Lit Homelink Buttons, HUD Installed, Ride Tunes, Full Electric Passenger Seat, Fbodfather signed, VIN # 4492, PAID OFF!!!
2010 Yellow 2SS/RS with black painted Stripes...$37,000.00; Ride Tones sound system and remote...$ 40.00; Seeing the kids faces (Young and Old) light up and almost wet their pants....Priceless!!!
Jayhawk500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 12:06 AM   #5
stealth_grey12

Alright, sounds good! I'll have to join the club and come check out the events. Thanks for the info!
Old 02-14-2014, 01:12 AM   #6
IOM Black Diamond
HT5 COTW 1/21/13

Drives: 2010 Camaro Inferno 2SS RS 6M
I have been thinking about joining this year also. I wouldn't be able to make it to the the meetings but it would be nice to make it for some shows and events.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:39 AM   #7
Teamradrz1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk500 View Post
Hi James!

How's it going? I've been busy, new job, new position in the club and then there is life in general.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:53 AM   #8
Teamradrz1

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOM Black Diamond View Post
I have been thinking about joining this year also. I wouldn't be able to make it to the the meetings but it would be nice to make it for some shows and events.
We have some fun events scheduled this year, it's only $25 for annual membership. I'm looking forward to the Track day at PIR most, we are hosting the Spirit Mt. car show again this year, last year we had 500 cars and ran out of space and had to send cars away, this year we will have more space and it should be an even bigger event.
We will also have some fun cruises this year and our annual wine/beer tour run in the fall.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:11 PM   #9
owhite3003
Z-BEAST

Drives: 2013 JDP ZL-850 Track Spec ZL1,
I saw IOM Black Diamond car at the Spirit Mt. show last year and it is one sweet ride. 1 cool dude as well.
owhite3003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 12:51 PM   #10
IOM Black Diamond
HT5 COTW 1/21/13

Drives: 2010 Camaro Inferno 2SS RS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamradrz1 View Post
We have some fun events scheduled this year, it's only $25 for annual membership. I'm looking forward to the Track day at PIR most, we are hosting the Spirit Mt. car show again this year, last year we had 500 cars and ran out of space and had to send cars away, this year we will have more space and it should be an even bigger event.
We will also have some fun cruises this year and our annual wine/beer tour run in the fall.
Yeah I will have to join this year. That would be a lot of fun doing another track day. I am planning on doing a couple at grass valley. That was a very big show last year. The only thing I didn't like is how long it took to get out of there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by owhite3003 View Post
I saw IOM Black Diamond car at the Spirit Mt. show last year and it is one sweet ride. 1 cool dude as well.
Thank you very much and it was great meeting new people.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:19 PM   #11
Teamradrz1

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOM Black Diamond View Post
Yeah I will have to join this year. That would be a lot of fun doing another track day. I am planning on doing a couple at grass valley. That was a very big show last year. The only thing I didn't like is how long it took to get out of there.

Thank you very much and it was great meeting new people.
Last year was the 1st annual show there, we learned a lot and have had several meetings with Spirit Mt. and hope to have those types of issues resolved for this year, more space, faster check-in and leaving. We will be doing pre-registration this year which should help speed up incoming traffic.

Anyone wanting to join us you can sign up on our website www.columbiarivercamaroclub.com there is a registration link.
we are currently going through and updating the website so be patient with us, Thanks!
Old 02-14-2014, 06:58 PM   #12
Jayhawk500

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamradrz1 View Post
I like Arron would be one of those silent members. Form is printed out. Now I need to send it.

2010 2SS/RS, Six speed, Rally Yellow w/ Black Painted Stripes, Boston Acoustic Stereo, Polished 20" wheels, Solo Mach X Catback Exhaust, Solo HF Cats, Halltech CAI, Full Dash & Door ABL, ABL Lit Homelink Buttons, HUD Installed, Ride Tunes, Full Electric Passenger Seat, Fbodfather signed, VIN # 4492, PAID OFF!!!
2010 Yellow 2SS/RS with black painted Stripes...$37,000.00; Ride Tones sound system and remote...$ 40.00; Seeing the kids faces (Young and Old) light up and almost wet their pants....Priceless!!!
Jayhawk500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:31 PM   #13
bowtie98607

Drives: 12 SS2RS, 73 RS/TypeLT, 68 Vette
The Columbia river Camaro club welcomes any and all new members. We have a great, friendly, active membership. With most clubs you get out of them what you put in. Come to the meetings and events and you have a great time. We are a non profit org. With that said we have a very charitable membership. After club expenses we give back to so many in need. Last year we helped wounded warriors, pregnancy crisis center, under privileged students get school clothes, toys for the hospital, adopted 4 family's for Christmas, and others. The club is very active. We went on cruise to St Helens, The beach, Lamay's museum, Mariner's game, Up the gorge, and others. We also had fun racing karts, putt putt golf, brewing beer, bunco, and others. We had garage days were we fixed up our cars, we had track days, and went to car shows together. All in all it is an awesome club that I'm personally very proud to be a part off!!!
Old 02-15-2014, 02:24 PM   #14
stealth_grey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtie98607 View Post
The Columbia river Camaro club welcomes any and all new members. We have a great, friendly, active membership. With most clubs you get out of them what you put in. Come to the meetings and events and you have a great time. We are a non profit org. With that said we have a very charitable membership. After club expenses we give back to so many in need. Last year we helped wounded warriors, pregnancy crisis center, under privileged students get school clothes, toys for the hospital, adopted 4 family's for Christmas, and others. The club is very active. We went on cruise to St Helens, The beach, Lamay's museum, Mariner's game, Up the gorge, and others. We also had fun racing karts, putt putt golf, brewing beer, bunco, and others. We had garage days were we fixed up our cars, we had track days, and went to car shows together. All in all it is an awesome club that I'm personally very proud to be a part off!!!
Sounds like a blast! I will join as soon as I can!