Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-14-2018, 06:34 PM   #15
RLNTLSS
INTSAGRAM: Failwish

Drives: 2019 /2SS LT1
Bag it... And be done
RLNTLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 06:38 PM   #16
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
You can dress these cars up nicely with cosmetic mods, obviously... but how smooth these V8 cars get with a few bolt-ons cannot be compared to any cosmetic mod unfortunately... when driving, its not the cosmetic mods that put a smile on your face.

I am in agreement with saving up a few $$ and getting that V8. You will be so glad you did.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 07:05 PM   #17
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
You're missing low end torque. The older engines from back in the day had low horsepower, but they did have good torque down low.

I think the 3.6L is pretty much maxed out for power. Not much left on the table unless you get a turbo or supercharger. If you need more, then I'd suggest trading it in for an SS or a ZL1.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 10:21 PM   #18
15RS2NV
Ponies are for girls

Drives: 2015 RS LFX Red Hot A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rozarioorlan View Post
What are your goals? Daily driver or only used for the track? Focusing more on cosmetics, suspension or performance?

Performance: Intake, Overkill throttle body, Ported intake manifold, intake manifold spacer, Overkill E85 kit, downpipes, tune, nitrous, Overkill supercharger, weight reduction

Suspension: Lighter wheels and sticky tires, sway bars, trailing arms, coil overs or springs
I haven't seen anything later than 2013 from Overkill. I definitely want their 80mm Throttle Body. No E85 in Tucson so that is out. Not aware of a ported intake manifold as the LFX is plastic, but already looking at the spacers.

My car is the RS, so not sure if I want to jump up to the 1LE suspension or not.

My goal is to have it as a daily driver, but race it a lot.
H&R 1.8/1.7” drop, Overkill 80mm + intake ported by AFS, 1" insulator MACE, Accel Super Coils, THR cai, JET MAF sensor, Hurst shifter handle, GPP strut tower brace, CI ice cube tray hood vents (functional) @SemperFiCamaro
15RS2NV is offline   Reply With Quote