Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 02-05-2019, 12:28 PM   #15
stratman2SSRS

Drives: Lingenfelter Camaro
I didn't put a switch in to activate the 2step, just the ctap, but sounds like a good idea.
If I forget to raise the rpm on the 2step when I leave the track is's a pain in the ass when trying to drive normal on the street.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:30 PM   #16
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Drives: 15STI, 10Expy, 10 2SS/RS M6, 47KB1
Quote:
Originally Posted by str8wick3d View Post
I think I understand. I still think using the CTAP the proper way is the best way. I have a toggle switch that arms the 2 step but the 2step can only be activated when the clutch pedal is pushed in. The 2 step doesn't activate during gear change and wont active again unless rpms drop 1500 below the 2step set point, so no worries there.
Are you running the LNC2000 or LNC2001? They are basically the same, except that the LNC2001 is for the LSA, (ZR1, ZL1 or CTS-V). Neither is truly a 2 step. As they only provide 1 rpm limit when they are triggered. With your setup, if you have your toggle switch (maintained switch) closed, then anytime the clutch pedal is depressed it is activating the rpm limit control on the LNC. But if your off the throttle between shifts, you would not feel it. Unless you tip into the throttle too much, to get your rpm's up, before the CTAP drops it output due to the clutch pedal lifting. I don't know and can't find anything about being 1500 rpm below the set point rpm to reactivate. I'm just trying to be aware of something if I'm not. Prior to the CTAP, I had the LNC set as a backup rev limiter, by just running a +12 to the trigger. I don't believe they would want a 1500 rpm hysteresis.
GPI SS3 Cam & stuff,N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank,progressive,fuel hose upgrade,remote opener,heater,console switches),LNC2000,CTAP,ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers,Jet Hot coated LTs,GPI HPT Tune,CAI, Scoop,Rx Catch Can,Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res,Metco loop,Momentum Tunnel Brace,TSW Nurb 18",555 & 05,Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods,Autometer WB,Fesler Pillar Pod,LED strips (int),Lloyds floor & trunk mats,LED DRL/front turn & license plate,DRL harness,VLEDs tail lights,Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 05:59 PM   #17
str8wick3d

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I run the msd box just wanted to chime in on the ctap plug originally.
str8wick3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 09:20 AM   #18
IWANTA(ss)

Drives: 13 1LE 1SS/05 ZX10/02 Silverado/14
Question

Has anybody tried this method turning on the system with the push button and off with the CTAP if I’m understanding him right.

https://youtu.be/IerceIwZdBg
14 Nightrod Special
IWANTA(ss) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 08:57 PM   #19
stratman2SSRS

I've been using it with the ctap at the drag strip a lot lately. It works great!!
The launch control works great, and doesn't affect the run down the track with my no lift shifts. I don't see a need for another switch.
I've data logged, and do not get a drop in rpm when shifting due to the launch control.
Old 06-23-2019, 09:59 AM   #20
IWANTA(ss)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratman2SSRS View Post
I've been using it with the ctap at the drag strip a lot lately. It works great!!
The launch control works great, and doesn't affect the run down the track with my no lift shifts. I don't see a need for another switch.
I've data logged, and do not get a drop in rpm when shifting due to the launch control.
You just wired everything like the instructions said?
14 Nightrod Special
Old 06-25-2019, 08:32 AM   #21
stratman2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWANTA(ss) View Post
You just wired everything like the instructions said?
Yup, it works perfect by wiring it just like the instructions said to do it.
The CTAP is a pain in the butt to hook up to the clutch, but if you practice on the connection for the brake pedal that makes it a lot easier. The connections are the same.
Old 06-25-2019, 10:15 PM   #22
IWANTA(ss)

Quote:
Yup, it works perfect by wiring it just like the instructions said to do it.
The CTAP is a pain in the butt to hook up to the clutch, but if you practice on the connection for the brake pedal that makes it a lot easier. The connections are the same.
I got the CTAP hooked in a flash but I want wire it to a latching relay so I can power on with a momentary switch then cut it off with the ground output from the CTAP. This is the diagram the guy on the video said he used. I can’t seem to make it work.

http://www.reuk.co.uk/OtherImages/ma...dpst-relay.jpg
14 Nightrod Special
Old 06-28-2019, 06:25 PM   #23
stratman2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWANTA(ss) View Post
I got the CTAP hooked in a flash but I want wire it to a latching relay so I can power on with a momentary switch then cut it off with the ground output from the CTAP. This is the diagram the guy on the video said he used. I can’t seem to make it work.

http://www.reuk.co.uk/OtherImages/ma...dpst-relay.jpg
I still see no need for a switch or relay?
When at the track set the RPM at whatever you want to launch at, and adjust it if needed for the next run.
When you leave the track put the setting at 7000 and drive on the street as normal.
I've had mine installed for a couple of years now and it works great!
Old 06-29-2019, 06:40 PM   #24
IWANTA(ss)

Quote:
I still see no need for a switch or relay?
When at the track set the RPM at whatever you want to launch at, and adjust it if needed for the next run.
When you leave the track put the setting at 7000 and drive on the street as normal.
I've had mine installed for a couple of years now and it works great!
The point in the relay and switch is to eliminate the need to turn the 2step up when leaving the track. And to not have it active when shifting on the track
14 Nightrod Special
Old 06-30-2019, 08:15 AM   #25
stratman2SSRS

Here is a data log of a run from a few weeks ago. You can see that the rpm does not get affected by the rev limiter when shifting.
Having the switch for after the race, and not having to raise the setting back up would be handy.
Attached Images

Old 06-30-2019, 10:02 AM   #26
IWANTA(ss)

Quote:
Here is a data log of a run from a few weeks ago. You can see that the rpm does not get affected by the rev limiter when shifting.
Having the switch for after the race, and not having to raise the setting back up would be handy.
Ok maybe I’ll hook it up and try it that way, but the button makes it a lot easier to just set it and forget it. If I ever figure out the relay I’ll let you kno
14 Nightrod Special
Old 03-27-2023, 01:21 PM   #27
Navajo415

Drives: 2015 Camaro ZL1
Anyone running this 2 step on an automatic? I just bought it for my 2015 zl1 auto and was going to hook it up to a switch. Just wondering if anyone else has done it before?
Catless 1 7/8” kooks long tube headers, TR7IX spark plugs with MSD spark plug wires, Rotofab CAI, washer fluid relocator, metco solid isolator, 2.50” upper pulley, PLM heat exchanger, LSA reinforced brick, elite engineering catch can, FIC1000 injectors, DSX flex fuel, DSX aux pump, custom dyno tune
Navajo415 is offline   Reply With Quote