Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-05-2010, 01:37 AM   #15
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyan74 View Post
3M Di-Noc Carbon Fiber Vinyl
Taylor,
I just redid my cheap Autozone CF vinyl with Di-Noc today and what a difference! This stuff looks better, has texture, and is a hell of a lot easier to stretch over the front bowtie. It's strong enough to stand up to some tugging, whereas the other cheap stuff just tore. For the first time I was actually able to get the front to lie completely flat.

It's pretty expensive, but worth it if you're goin CF!
Old 07-05-2010, 03:27 AM   #16
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Taylor,
I just redid my cheap Autozone CF vinyl with Di-Noc today and what a difference! This stuff looks better, has texture, and is a hell of a lot easier to stretch over the front bowtie. It's strong enough to stand up to some tugging, whereas the other cheap stuff just tore. For the first time I was actually able to get the front to lie completely flat.

It's pretty expensive, but worth it if you're goin CF!
I clearcoated it with like 2 coats of automotive clear coat and it really shines now. The pic above is after I clearcoated it and used the flash to show off how real it looks.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote