Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Do you let other people drive your Camaro?
Sure, it's no big deal. 37 8.37%
Yes, but I'm always in the car. 29 6.56%
Maybe, Depends on the person. 242 54.75%
Are you crazy? Absolutely not, I would never do that! 134 30.32%
Voters: 442. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-10-2014, 06:40 PM   #127
More-Gas

Drives: 2014 1SS 1LE
No... not even on a mind altering drug... I think
More-Gas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:01 PM   #128
Summit_SS

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
nope..the only other people that have been behind the wheel of my car are the salesman and the service guys at the dealer. I won't even let my mom drive it (she's pretty butt hurt about that). call it obsessive but i love my camaro. I've invested a good chunk of change just to own it and i just don't trust anyone else to drive it.
Summit_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:07 PM   #129
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
I tossed my key to my God-child's Grandfather and said "Don't hurt yourself". He can be trusted with my God-child. By comparison with my car? Big deal.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:15 PM   #130
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
no one else drives my car, nor will they. no valet or anyone. just to have a mechanic or dealer drive it someday makes me cringe. its only got 2180 miles, so not serviced yet.
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:17 PM   #131
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Sure, as long as I can use them for target practice after they drive it. Lol

I have let a few trusted people drive it but sure as hell not just anyone.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:29 AM   #132
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Let the girlfriend drive it alone a few weeks ago..she got hit on at the first traffic light she stopped at. She doesn't get to drive it alone anymore lol.
Old 11-11-2014, 05:46 PM   #133
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
Let the girlfriend drive it alone a few weeks ago..she got hit on at the first traffic light she stopped at. She doesn't get to drive it alone anymore lol.
lol...
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 06:06 PM   #134
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
to my funeral.
i let a friend drive it and id let my brother drive it if he wanted to. Not alone though.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 06:25 PM   #135
suplex

Drives: 2011 Coupe, 1LT, A6, No RS Package.
I met my parents for breakfast once, and come to find out I forgot my wallet. My Dad drove it home. Didn't bother me at all, but it was kind of weird being the passenger in my own car. I actually thought it was fun because I got to look at stuff that I normally can't because I have to watch the road while driving.
Old 11-11-2014, 06:29 PM   #136
scottymac

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
I have loaned a vehicle to 3 people I love and trust. They each brought that vehicle back with dents in it, one brought it back t-boned and totalled. One didn't even get out of my carport - bashed the front fender into the upright. No one offered to pay damages.

If I had money falling out my butt I wouldn't care. I'm not rich, and I have worked hard for the nice things I do have. It hurt me that these people did not care enough to fix what they broke so to avoid my own disappointment in people I let them be disappointed in me for greedily disallowing them to repeat their destructive performances.
I've had the same type of experiences in the past. WTF is so wrong with people that A.) They take no responsibility for ****ing your car up and B.) Get all pissy, offended, and argumentative when you won't let them drive your car? Most people don't just have thousands of dollars laying around to fix someone else's ****up. I know I don't!

My dumbass of an ex-wife couldn't leave the house without running out of gas, getting a ticket, and hitting something. Then she would dream up excuses why she HAD to use my vehicle for something. She would proceed to get all pissy because I would refuse and point out her stellar driving record as my reason for refusal. Some peoples' children...

As a general rule I NEVER ask to borrow anything I cannot afford to replace instantly. Therefore I just avoid borrowing anything, especially someone else's vehicle.
scottymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 06:34 PM   #137
TastyBake

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Black
One of the proudest moments was letting my dad drive mine.

I don't mind family members driving but they don't want to. I can understand as the door window being so high isn't the most comfortable feeling. Also, they're worried about wrecking it.
TastyBake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 06:35 PM   #138
TastyBake

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by suplex View Post
I met my parents for breakfast once, and come to find out I forgot my wallet. My Dad drove it home. Didn't bother me at all, but it was kind of weird being the passenger in my own car. I actually thought it was fun because I got to look at stuff that I normally can't because I have to watch the road while driving.
+1
TastyBake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 07:18 PM   #139
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
so now that i have 2600+ miles on it, and the engine is relatively broken in, i want my son (32 yrs old) to take it for the weekend and put it through a moderate workout to make sure everything works as it should.

can you believe the boy is having trouble penciling the Camaro in for this because he is working so much? yeah, i know he wants to buy a house, but i don't trust anyone else to really test the car.

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 07:54 PM   #140
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
I'll let the old man drive my car but he never did so it's getting colder now and he will have to wait till spring to get another chance.
Ace0751 is offline   Reply With Quote