Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 12-26-2018, 01:45 PM   #1
East Coast Supercharging

Drives: 8 second C5 Drag Car, C6 Road racer
ECS is bringing a Drag Race series to Atco NJ this season !!!!!

Hey all, it has been quite a few years since we have been involved in a drag race series and we all here have missed this kind of racing very much and are looking forward to bringing it back.. We did a very successful Corvette only series at Englishtown for over 10 years.. We are in the beginning planning process with Atco but have 6 dates reserved for the 2019 season.. This series will be open to any LSx/ Gen 5 LTx vehicle and even include any swapped older cars/trucks as well. We plan to start with a few index classes and more that likely also do a bracket class.. Since we are in the beginning stages we would love to hear from any of you guys with questions, comments or suggestions.

Here are the 6 dates we have planned..

4/20
5/11
6/15
10/10
9/21
10/12
East Coast Supercharging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 04:08 AM   #2
MrGazinya

Drives: Aggressive
Black 2SS RS LS3 Inferno Int. '17 1LE replica 20's {MODS} KOOKS LT: Borla S-Type: Roto-Fab CAI: Hurst ST.: PFADT Stage 2, Trailing arms, Tie Rods: ECS BigBlower Cam: Fast 102mm intake: Brian Tooley racing dual spring kit: TFS pushrod set: Katech C5R timing chain: Mellings high volume oil pump: ATI Balancer: Ideal performance upgraded clutch master cylinder:Tick performance upgraded slave cylinder/throwout bearing: Mantic 9000 twin disk clutch & light weight flywheel: Tuned by Doug Ring at ECS. 475RWHP/445RWTQ.Dynapack Dyno.

MrGazinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 07:20 AM   #3
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Sweet! An all motor stick shift class would be fun. Index can be a fun way to keep it close - which ones you pick probably really depends on the volume (and type) of cars you get. 12.5-11.5-10.5-no-limit could work out decently to keep the bolt-on cars all the way to full on boosted monsters racing competitive cars.

Personally, I'd really like to see an all motor stick shift class with a 4000lbs minimum weight - but that's probably a little too specific huh? I'll be watching to see what ya'll come up with, Atco isn't too far to drag the trailer down for, and Saturdays (vs. Sundays) is a real possibility for me.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 02:02 PM   #4
East Coast Supercharging

We are open to specific classes such as a manual class that you mentioned but this will be based mostly on car count. What we have done in the past with index is a 10.0 and an 11.50 and we had a great car count for them both. But we would be open to something a bit slower if we could fill the field.
Old 12-28-2018, 07:56 AM   #5
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by East Coast Supercharging View Post
We are open to specific classes such as a manual class that you mentioned but this will be based mostly on car count. What we have done in the past with index is a 10.0 and an 11.50 and we had a great car count for them both. But we would be open to something a bit slower if we could fill the field.
11.50 is right in my wheelhouse. I sure do understand you can't have a class tailored to everybody unless you get a huge turnout. I'm gonna see if I can make some of these races - Saturday's are awesome for me!
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 12:58 PM   #6
Pace
Lifestyle = Deathstyle

Drives: 11 SIM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pace
I remember the Corvette events well at ETown. I was always in the GMEFI classes with my Pontiac Grand Prix GTP. This sounds awesome...we need it! I'll post this over to my local club NYMCC (New York Metro Car Club on Facebook). We have about 7-10 racers that track 2-3 times per year.
Old 12-28-2018, 03:16 PM   #7
LSx_Bert

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Certainly interested myself and also have few other buddies who will certainly be interested if open to all LSx etc.
LSx_Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 11:08 AM   #8
East Coast Supercharging

Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
11.50 is right in my wheelhouse. I sure do understand you can't have a class tailored to everybody unless you get a huge turnout. I'm gonna see if I can make some of these races - Saturday's are awesome for me!
The 11.50 class was a great class since you didn't need any extra safety equipment so most basic modded street cars could enter. Looking forward to seeing you out there..
Old 01-03-2019, 11:15 AM   #9
East Coast Supercharging

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSx_Bert View Post
Certainly interested myself and also have few other buddies who will certainly be interested if open to all LSx etc.
Our goal was to make this a very open series to see what we get and we can tailor some specific classes as the car count increases.. With opening the class up to any LSx vehicle we are hoping to have enough cars to have some some different classes
Old 01-03-2019, 01:27 PM   #10
5GLS3

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
ECS Drag racing? Umm....yeah!

What about a Stock Bottom End class?
Regardless....I'll be there for at least half of the dates.

Of course.....I could use about 400 more HP.......anyone know a decent LS based performance shop?
ECS Big Blower Cam, ECS Novi 2200HD, Meth, FORE dual fuel pump, 850 injectors, BT .660 dual Springs, Katech C5 Timing Chain, High Vol Oil Pump, Kooks headers and Cat Back, MGW Shifter, Monster LT-1 Triple Disk, ZL1 Drive Train 3.73, BMR Rear Trailing Arms, BMR Differential Bushings, BMR Cradle Bushings, NOWEEDS diverters, Doug Ring Tune 893 HP / 718 TQ
5GLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:01 AM   #11
TheInfamouSS
@LS.ACE

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro 2SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by East Coast Supercharging View Post
Our goal was to make this a very open series to see what we get and we can tailor some specific classes as the car count increases.. With opening the class up to any LSx vehicle we are hoping to have enough cars to have some some different classes
Will the Tech be based off of the regular NHRA Rules?

Just making sure the new 10.0 rule applies before I lock it in.
Some weird snail with a belt on it | Tial Q Bov | CCP Jam Cam | Stainless Works 1 7/8" Headers to Custom 3" Exhaust | Alky Control Dual Nozzle| ProMeth Trunk Mount Tank | Melling Oil Pump | DSX Aux Pump | id1050x Injectors | McLeod RXT w/ Monster Billet Release Bearing | ZL1 3.73 Rear Diff | BMR Delrin/Poly Diff Bushings | DSS 1-Piece Aluminum Driveshaft | ZL1 Axles | Metco Driveshaft Loop | BMR Adjustable LCA's, TA's, Toe Rods | BMR Adjustable Sway Bar w/ Fe3 End Links | Mickey Thompson 305/35-20 Street S/S Drag Radials |
TheInfamouSS is offline   Reply With Quote