Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 12:15 PM   #15
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
I just dont see how the Camaro can win.

The '10 Mustang GT with track pack runs within a few tenths of a second around willow spring with almost 100 LESS HP and an old 5 speed manual.

Toss in the new 5.0 and a 6 speed with better ratios I dont see how the Mustang WONT beat the Camaro.

With that said, it will be interesting to get some GOOD numbers for the Mustang and what Ford will price it at.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:15 PM   #16
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssump29 View Post
Then why aren't you adding them to the Mustang???

Talk about being bias. Its a drivers race plain and simple end of discussion therefore end of thread really. These topics need to all go by the wayside and finally behind the barn.
Ok so spare tire out of the trunk minues 40 lbs... seems fair

Every race on the planet is a drivers race LOL
Old 12-29-2009, 12:18 PM   #17
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Quote:
I didn't know the track pack made the GT faster down the 1320, this is new news to me So how much HP does that track pack add? They are comparing quarter times not track times keep up man.
Who told you suspension doesn't improve 1/4 mile times?

GT = 13.5-13.4
GT (track pack) 13.3-13.2
Old 12-29-2009, 12:18 PM   #18
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Driver's race for sure. Finally some good competition in the pony wars!
Old 12-29-2009, 12:20 PM   #19
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Quote:
Nevermind I was talking about the tank of gas you wanted to add. Anyways you are bias to begin with so of course you won't think its a drivers race. I'm done replying to you, you are a proven troll. You really should just leave this forum.
Don't get mad bro... i said EVERYTHING is a driver's race that means i don't use the "driver's race" equation.
relax bro nobody is getting their feelings hurt here neither should you.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:25 PM   #20
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Drives: 2005 GTO,2006 M6, 2007 300 Touring
Actually I'm going to remove all my comments because I don't want to be seen as arguing a dead point or the reason a topic gets closed. You can do that with someone else. Good day to you, hope you find what you are looking for on a Camaro forum.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:26 PM   #21
bballr4567

Quote:
I didn't know the track pack made the GT faster down the 1320, this is new news to me So how much HP does that track pack add? They are comparing quarter times not track times keep up man.
When does racing ONLY include the 1/4?

Just being real. The track pack DOES help the 1/4 and a quick look at the fastest stock 5th gens here doesnt show too many below that 13.2 that it ran last year.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:26 PM   #22
Sleestack

Drives: '07 SRT8 SuperBee, '09 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
This is not about the auto, it shows the 426 LS3 at the beginning of this thread
In terms of HP conversion, the extra 14HP does NOT make up for 200+lbs difference between the cars, resulting in a slight edge for the GT. The extra torque of the LS does make up some of this, thus it sounds like a 'drivers race' on the track.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:45 PM   #23
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Why do we have this thread ?

#1 this is a Camaro forum if you want to talk mustangs and what they will do up next to a camaro buy one and see for yourself or go to a ford forum.

#2 the car isnt out for another few months besides it is getting a 5.0L all
of these answers are guesses.

#3 half of yall are arguing over something that makes no sense.

#4 they keep closing this thread why keep making a new one are you trying to get banned ?

Yes I commented in earlier post but this is stupid go look in the mirror and argue with yourself lol

I say put 4cylinders in the 2011 Mustang and Camaro make them 5,000 lbs and watch yall Cry over ...... but last years model has this and that and omg we are so going to smash you lol

whatever I got my cars and they are awsome TY GM
Old 12-29-2009, 12:47 PM   #24
bballr4567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
#2 the car isnt out for another few months besides it is getting a 5.0L all of these answers are guesses.

Anybody remember when camaro5.com came online??
Old 12-29-2009, 12:49 PM   #25
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
Why do we have this thread ?

#1 this is a Camaro forum if you want to talk mustangs and what they will do up next to a camaro buy one and see for yourself or go to a ford forum.

#2 the car isnt out for another few months besides it is getting a 5.0L all
of these answers are guesses.

#3 half of yall are arguing over something that makes no sense.

#4 they keep closing this thread why keep making a new one are you trying to get banned ?

Yes I commented in earlier post but this is stupid go look in the mirror and argue with yourself lol

I say put 4cylinders in the 2011 Mustang and Camaro make them 5,000 lbs and watch yall Cry over ...... but last years model has this and that and omg we are so going to smash you lol

whatever I got my cars and they are awsome TY GM
Camaro Forum - 2010 Camaro / Camaro Z28 SS Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

do you guys just want to e-race & compare your own cars against eachother? maybe you should ignore this part of the forum if it bothers you that much, you didn't HAVE to read any of this you know...
Old 12-29-2009, 12:56 PM   #26
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
How can I say this clearly so that it is understood. If you are on this site and your "car" convos are of the majority of a vehicle that is not a camaro...or if you are such a fanboy of another brand i.e. "mustang" and that is all you talk about...you will be banned. If you live just to talk about the mustang just to talk about it on this camaro site and nothing else you will be banned. If you have been banned for 3 days also banned for 30 days and still have some infractions and still havent gotten the point each time you come back...because you do the same thing that got you moderated in the first place...you will be permabanned....soooo when you come to logon..or you hit refresh and cant get on the forum...that is what happened. the same people doing the same thing is getting very old. We as mods are mostly done giving warnings.infranctions and short bans to the same people...it's time to just start giving the boot
Old 12-29-2009, 01:06 PM   #27
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
Camaro Forum - 2010 Camaro / Camaro Z28 SS Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

do you guys just want to e-race & compare your own cars against eachother? maybe you should ignore this part of the forum if it bothers you that much, you didn't HAVE to read any of this you know...
You are playing Russian Roulette is what im saying. You're getting nowhere but closer to being banned lol

I'm not going to sit here and argue with you over this BS and get banned im just saying if people want to have an opinion why try and prove them wrong when they are going to come back with another reason they think will support there answer ? lol

Hmmmmm funny this stuff doesnt come up on Corvette Website's oh thats right they are already calling our Car's Camaro/mustang Son and StepChild no reason to compare.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:26 PM   #28
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Meh...I have basically given up on this convo, and will just read from now on. Most times you will get these typical responses here.

1: Mustangs are ugly.
2: This is a Camaro site...why are you posting here ? (makes no difference btw who open the thread)
3: You will get a factoid, that is base on rumor or just plain false facts, and when you debate or discuss it with numbers and facts, its ignored, then your called for trolling, then basically see point 1 and 2
4: The mods will then close thread, and of course the Mustang guy will be blamed for such closer. I think there is one of those threads here even now.

In the end its not even worth it. Some people on this site always derailed a thread with yet again, point 1 and 2. Or we will get a plethora of why Mustang owners, or hell any non Camaro owners (see GTO thread) of why its such a sin to post a opinion about anything else but a Camaro.

But yet of course the usual suspects here on this site, and I do not have to name them, everyone know who basically post the same thing...again see 1 and 2, gets a free pass to bash anything non camaro, at least that seems to be the appearance, and well we end up with close threads.

So with this thread, I'll probably get yet another vacation, but meh so be it. I did not think the first was warranted, but its a forum on a car I do not even own as it has been pointed out so many times before. It is truly sad though, that you cannot have a discussion about cars without it coming to this, but it is what it is. So yeah, I think I will refrain from posting for a while, and just discuss my thoughts elsewhere.

Closed Thread