Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-30-2009, 07:05 PM   #71
viper1cobra
Member Club Elite #131

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary H50 2SS
He is very lucky to have survived that accident to walk away from it.

It is very sad to lose another 2010 Camaro. This car was probably a Rental Car. Most accidents like this are a result of reckless driving in a Rental Car.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:14 PM   #72
mike12345

Drives: 2010 camaro 1LT
I went and searched for 2010 camaro crash's. This is one that poped up.

Now, I've never totaled a car before so I don't know the process. Would you be allowed to strip some of the good parts off this camaro? What does the insurance company do with it?

mike12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:18 PM   #73
extremepcs

Drives: 2010 2SS Automatic - Black
That'll buff right out

Wow, one lucky SOB.
extremepcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 02:21 AM   #74
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike12345 View Post

Now, I've never totaled a car before so I don't know the process. Would you be allowed to strip some of the good parts off this camaro? What does the insurance company do with it?

Guy from that one claims to be on our site. He posted up a LONG time ago and everyone questioned if that was really him or not. Think it was...he had extra pix.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 02:43 AM   #75
wullger
Supercharged

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Wow!

The folks in Oshawa ate an extra bowl of Wheaties the morning they built that one!

Appearance Mods:
Heritage Grille, ZL1 Replica Wheels
Performance Mods:
Flowmaster ARH Cat-Back Exhaust, ADM CAI, ADM L99-LS3 Conversion, ADM LSA Supercharger Kit, Lingenfelter GT9 Cam, Stainless Power Headers, Detroit Speed Sway Bars, ZL1 Fuel Pump

581 rwhp/535 lb/ft tq
wullger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 06:49 AM   #76
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike12345 View Post

After the insurance co pays the owner of a total loss it becomes their property. They normally sell the salvage to salvage yards/rebuilders via bids.
No you can't take anything off of it unless its not included in the ACV (actual cash value). If the owner "insists" on keeping the salvage the ins co can deduct the value of the salvage from the ACV. In the case of the Camaro in the photo above, as an example, they may deduct 25-35% (after getting bids)) of the ACV and leave it with the owner. This Camaro will have excellent salvage value as it's rear is destroyed, not the front as in most total loss accidents- Everybody is looking for used front parts not rear.This gets involved so I won't go on. State regulations vary and insurance co policies vary.
This is an interesting question for me as an ex multi line ins adjuster who has worked all over the country specializing in physical damage claims.
Sorry going on and on-LOL.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:16 AM   #77
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Nah...insurance companies have known about cars like these for decades.... A few peoples actions aren't going to raise the rates for everyone.
Actually people did receive notices on this very board that their insurance rates were going up due to accidents involving their car model...
there were a few threads about it.
fdjizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:23 AM   #78
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Some people don't deserve to own or drive any motor vehicle. This was excessive speeding in a very dangerous area to get that much damage. He must have been going 90 or meow in a 30 or 40 zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
Actually people did receive notices on this very board that their insurance rates were going up due to accidents involving their car model...

Yep, I got one of those notices.. :(
Old 12-31-2009, 12:45 PM   #79
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
I'd love to read those threads.

Anyone touches my insurance rate due to another drivers inability to control their vehicle....my insurance company won't hear the end of it until they bring my rates back.

No one touches my rate. Period. My driving record reflects why my rates are the way they are...not other drivers rates. Sounds like a good case for those who get messed with.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 12:49 PM   #80
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I'd love to read those threads.

Anyone touches my insurance rate due to another drivers inability to control their vehicle....my insurance company won't hear the end of it until they bring my rates back.

No one touches my rate. Period. My driving record reflects why my rates are the way they are...not other drivers rates. Sounds like a good case for those who get messed with.
The type of car you drive determines your rate, as well. And the accident history for the car (the likelihood of this car being crashed) will effect the car's impact on your plan's premium...

That's the reason my Cobalt is so darned expensive to insure. So many kids are driving them and crashing them that the rate skyrockets over time. It would be cheaper for me, at my age, to insure a Corvette.
Old 12-31-2009, 12:55 PM   #81
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
if rates were based soley off of one's driving record, there'd be people out there who'd have practically free insurance plus "administration" costs. Yes, there are some people who have never gotten a ticket nor gotten into an accident. But insurance companies use statistics to determine your personal rate. Your driving record weighs heavily upon your rate, but so do things like vehicle safety (aka 4 star frontal rating), number of accidents in this vechicle per number on the road, severity of accidents, etc.

As far as I can tell injury costs aren't as high statistically as is the the probability of your car being wrecked. Look at your rate breakdown for collision vs bodily injury liability. Most of your rate goes to how high the probability is that your particular vehicle will be in an accident and how much it will cost to repair. Really, that boils down to statistics. If people are crashing left and right in your car, statistically speaking, you're more likely to get into an accident. Your ins company will more than gladly charge you for that.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:16 PM   #82
1985HOL69305
I'm also on Thirdgen.org

Drives: 1985 Camaro IROC-Z28
It always seems like it's only these cars.....:(
Old 12-31-2009, 07:53 PM   #83
Oldrocker

Drives: 2010 SS2/RS Victory Red
I like how everybody wants to condemn the guy. Who really knows what happened, he could of had a Toyota floor mat in there for all we know.
Oldrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 04:48 AM   #84
cmoney2007

Drives: 2010 VR 2LT, 2014 Charger SXT
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremepcs View Post
That'll buff right out

Wow, one lucky SOB.

That makes me mad to look at. WT.. was that guy thinking. Well its a good thing he's alright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wullger View Post
Wow!

The folks in Oshawa ate an extra bowl of Wheaties the morning they built that one!
My thoughts exactly
cmoney2007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cleaves, crash, driver walks away, lives, pole, poor camaro, split, survive, totaled, white camaro, wreck