Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-06-2019, 10:40 PM   #1
gunchamp

Drives: 15 Camaro SS
Huron single turbo kit questions

Hi all. Trying to do as much research as possible before pulling the trigger here on a kit of some sort. I have read of heat issues in the past with the single turbo kits. Does anyone have a huron single turbo kit on their 5th gen camaro and care to share their thoughts? Any issues I should be aware of? I have back read 50+ pages in here and really havent found my answers. Thanks for any help
gunchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 03:10 PM   #2
bayarea408

Drives: T
my kits been installed for 3 years not a single issue from me, but im meticulous. With that being said the only thing i really did was wrap up the hot pipes, AC equipment and spark plug wires, i dont use the wheel well liner either, allows for more flow. my iat's usually sit within a 10 degree variance of current outside temps, ofcourse you sit at a light and it gets hotter but not bad. No issues on my behalf, tons of torque and spools quickly.
bayarea408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 09:08 PM   #3
gunchamp

Awesome info and thank you for sharing. Anyone else? Got to be more hurom users out there
Old 06-22-2019, 08:12 AM   #4
gunchamp

Ordering my kit today. Huron, as we all know, is wonderful to do business with!!
Old 07-14-2019, 03:33 AM   #5
SeaCompiler
...not a marine biologist

Drives: 2012 Camaro RY SS LS3
Ive had mine since 2016. I rebuilt my turbo last year and put in a stroker motor. Getting it retuned now. Wrap everything with dei titanium wrap and you will be good, its worth every penney.
Forged 416 stroker Turbocharged with Huron Speed with Cam Motion custom grind,Tuned by Vengeance, 8psi, 25% PowerBond UDP, Ported TB, shaved heads, LS9 gaskets, chromoly pushrods, BT trunnions & dual valve springs, IWIS, Might Mouse CC, SJM Line Lock,, MSD 2-Step, ZL1 Rear End, ZL1 spoiler, Strut Brace, ARP bolts, Skip shift elim, A-Pillar Gauges, FR Style 41 20X10, 3 inch exhaust, blackouts, Lowered, Custom badges, Hines vents,RPI fender vents, Technostalgia Tail Lights, Metra Kit, Pioneer stereo, Morimoto RGB Halos,
"The Great Awakening" on gab.com
SeaCompiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 04:07 PM   #6
gunchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaCompiler View Post
Ive had mine since 2016. I rebuilt my turbo last year and put in a stroker motor. Getting it retuned now. Wrap everything with dei titanium wrap and you will be good, its worth every penney.
Awesome. Kit has arrived and looks awesome. Guess this is going to be my winter project. I'm doing everything at once, fuel, top end, tranny ect
Old 07-22-2019, 07:29 PM   #7
Luvdamud

Drives: 2010 SS
Gunchamp, I had a single Huron setup and was very happy with it. When I broke a ring on #7 piston, I went forged bottom end and traded in my single for a twin. Jon was great to deal with, everything on time and he even worked with me to trade in and upgrade my twins to oilless after he sent the kit. He really went out of his way to make sure i was a satisfied customer. As Sea and Bayarea said, wrap everything with GOOD heat wrap. The stuff that comes with the kit is horrible. Do yourself a favor and throw that black heat wrap Jon sends in the trash and buy some good wrap. Your skin will thank you and not itch for days. That is about my only complaint about the kit. Good luck!
Luvdamud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 05:53 AM   #8
gunchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvdamud View Post
Gunchamp, I had a single Huron setup and was very happy with it. When I broke a ring on #7 piston, I went forged bottom end and traded in my single for a twin. Jon was great to deal with, everything on time and he even worked with me to trade in and upgrade my twins to oilless after he sent the kit. He really went out of his way to make sure i was a satisfied customer. As Sea and Bayarea said, wrap everything with GOOD heat wrap. The stuff that comes with the kit is horrible. Do yourself a favor and throw that black heat wrap Jon sends in the trash and buy some good wrap. Your skin will thank you and not itch for days. That is about my only complaint about the kit. Good luck!
Jon has been great for sure. Any specific brand of wrap? Thanks for the advice
Old 07-23-2019, 07:56 AM   #9
joshnmn
2&THEHIT

Drives: 5th Gen Camaro; 5th Gen Ram 3500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaCompiler View Post
Wrap everything with dei titanium wrap and you will be good...
joshnmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 08:20 PM   #10
gunchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnmn View Post
Dangit lol missed that. Thanks