Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-31-2017, 11:53 AM   #15
jayno20
Go fast, please.

Drives: 2019 Corvette ZR1
Watch this video here:

http://autoweek.com/article/car-news...ownforce-video

at the 1 minute mark and again at 1:50 (with 3d modeling) you can see the smoke going in the front grill and out the heat extractors at the top. It works, and it will work less if you take it off.
jayno20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 02:59 PM   #16
flipstyledsm22
Let's go fishing!

Drives: a car with 8 cylinders
I would really like to see a study on how much heat is trapped under the hood of a ZL1 and what engineering has done to evacuate it. That video proves very little as to how much heat is being removed. I want to see that guy stick that smoke nozzle under the plastic engine cover and then show me how that air is being moved with the hood closed.

flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 04:37 PM   #17
flipstyledsm22
Let's go fishing!

Drives: a car with 8 cylinders
I'd like to add that I am in no way trying to create a fuss by removing parts on our ZL1's. A lot of you have gone to great lengths in modifying your engines to pull more power, added wicker bills or switched to Z/28 spoilers, separated brake and clutch fluids in your manual cars, added adjustable camber plates, and the list goes on...

I am simply trying to find other 'free' mods you can do, to enhance the performance on our ZL1's. Cooling issues has been long and overdue. Hopefully, I will learn something by messing around with the air flow on my car.

flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 06:53 PM   #18
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
You are wasting your time and energy doing it!

You seem to have your mind made up and have your own home made theory on what will work. GM studied the situation and felt that it was needed. Maybe you weren't working there the day they did the rendering and testing. You know in your mind that removing it will do nothing to increase the airflow. I personally would leave it alone. You can believe me that my car is far from stock and I have never thought of cutting up the deflector in order to change the appearance. Good luck with that. If you need more cooling then an aftermarket heat exchanger is needed.
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 03:54 PM   #19
FASTFATBOY

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfred View Post
I changed my insert from painted to CF. I chose not to install the drain and made my own inserts. I have no issues with water in the engine bay. I checked after driving through a hard rain and was amazed...no water at all. I know it could possibly cause some issues if I was hard racing on a track; I know about the downforce. But I show my car mostly and rarely run it hard. I like the look without it personally.
So you may have seen the pics I posted without the drain.

Back from the dead.

How do the grills come out? I have to re clear mine and they need to come out.
FASTFATBOY is offline   Reply With Quote