Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Jason 98 TA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2018, 08:29 AM   #225
JhonnyGTR
 
Drives: Future 2019 Camaro SS 1LE Crush Ora
Join Date: May 2018
Location: San Pedro De Macorís
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
Yuck.
Pardon my lenguaje but Yuck Yourself
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:36 AM   #226
Royal Tiger
Sd Kfz 182
 
Royal Tiger's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS L99 GFX Convertible
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 2,977
It looks to Nissan wannabe in the rear 1/4. The front has those ridiculous you think they are fog lights but are actually the headlights. White is not its best color. I’d like to see black or a dark blue.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 11:14 AM   #227
keon718nyc

 
keon718nyc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS A8
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Flushing, New York
Posts: 1,827
Yea the whole headlight thing in the fog light area definitely throws it off and looks too much like a Cherokee mixed with some other crap. At first i thought it was ok looking but now unless its a RS model which aint all that it just blends with all the other small SUV's on the market.
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 11:23 AM   #228
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 13,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
...it just blends with all the other small SUV's on the market.
I'm sorry, but Chevy needed to catch up as far as I'm concerned in this segment regarding looks.

There's truth to not following fads too closely b/c those fads go away quickly, but Chevy needed something more exciting and dramatic to look at in its CUV / SUV (whatever you want to call it) lineup, and this finally brings that to the table. The Traverse is a nice design when so equipped, but the Equinox is just downright boring compared to much of its competition, when in all honesty it should probably have the sportiest looks considering it is likely selling more to the youth and young families than the larger vehicles.
__________________
2016 Camaro 1SS - 8-speed - NPP - Black bowties
2010 Camaro 1LT V6 (Sold. I will miss her!)
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 11:27 AM   #229
keon718nyc

 
keon718nyc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS A8
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Flushing, New York
Posts: 1,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I'm sorry, but Chevy needed to catch up as far as I'm concerned in this segment regarding looks.

There's truth to not following fads too closely b/c those fads go away quickly, but Chevy needed something more exciting and dramatic to look at in its CUV / SUV (whatever you want to call it) lineup, and this finally brings that to the table. The Traverse is a nice design when so equipped, but the Equinox is just downright boring compared to much of its competition, when in all honesty it should probably have the sportiest looks considering it is likely selling more to the youth and young families than the larger vehicles.

Catch up on what a JEEP's crappy front end look? Ahh they screwed up and should have just made a large redesigned Trailblazer SS instead of something to be called a CUV and put a Blazer logo on it. Stick a Blazer RS in the middle of a Equinox and a and a traverse... Does it look out of place? YUP
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 11:32 AM   #230
shaffe


 
Drives: 2018 Mazda6
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Carol Stream
Posts: 4,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
To each his own. I'd drive that in a second.

Those real world photos look good.

I think this will be well received.
I still think the RS trim is hands down the best looking trim.

The real world photos of the other trims do it a hell of a lot more justice than the press release images. Still need to see it in person
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT View Post
Lets keep it simple. ..
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 11:34 AM   #231
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 13,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
Catch up on what a JEEP's crappy front end look? Ahh they screwed up and should have just made a large redesigned Trailblazer SS instead of something to be called a CUV and put a Blazer logo on it. Stick a Blazer RS in the middle of a Equinox and a and a traverse... Does it look out of place? YUP
If you've seen my other posts you'll know I've been a critic of the Jeep Cherokee front end design. Their 2019 redesign is much better.

But what Chevy did here just works better than what Jeep did in my opinion.





Also....the general public now days remembers the 90s grocery getter Blazer. Not the truck Blazer.
__________________
2016 Camaro 1SS - 8-speed - NPP - Black bowties
2010 Camaro 1LT V6 (Sold. I will miss her!)
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 11:40 AM   #232
keon718nyc

 
keon718nyc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS A8
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Flushing, New York
Posts: 1,827
Ok, we will leave it as a "CUV" Cute Utility Vehicle for the grocery & soccer moms. Bingo!!!!
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 12:26 PM   #233
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado
 
FenwickHockey65's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 Envoy, '07 F-150, '12 Charger
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 35,887
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
Ok, we will leave it as a "CUV" Cute Utility Vehicle for the grocery & soccer moms. Bingo!!!!
Guess what sells?
__________________

2003 GMC Envoy SLE
2007 Ford F-150 XL SuperCab (State-issued)
2012 Dodge Charger Pursuit (State-issued)
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 01:26 PM   #234
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS
 
bigd1276's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hanover, PA
Posts: 1,765
The lease on my 2017 Ford Escape will be up in 18 months. Waiting to see this in person and price/options but this looks like my next SUV/CUV or whatever the hell you wanna call it.
__________________
]
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30755

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
bigd1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 01:59 PM   #235
Emoto
Sure, why not?
 
Emoto's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: SE Mass
Posts: 1,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
If you've seen my other posts you'll know I've been a critic of the Jeep Cherokee front end design. Their 2019 redesign is much better.

But what Chevy did here just works better than what Jeep did in my opinion.





Also....the general public now days remembers the 90s grocery getter Blazer. Not the truck Blazer.
There is little point in arguing aesthetics, but ( ) the Cherokee has a much more integrated look than this new Blazer. The Blazer looks all choppy and disjointed to me. But, I bet it will drive and perform nicely.

Having said that, I like the look of the Blazer ok. *shrug*
__________________
This is that witty and clever statement that makes you chuckle.
Emoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 04:00 PM   #236
shaffe


 
Drives: 2018 Mazda6
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Carol Stream
Posts: 4,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
There is little point in arguing aesthetics, but ( ) the Cherokee has a much more integrated look than this new Blazer. The Blazer looks all choppy and disjointed to me. But, I bet it will drive and perform nicely.

Having said that, I like the look of the Blazer ok. *shrug*
The only part of the blazer for me that looks disjointed is once you get to the ass end. I mean what the hell Chevy, this just continues a trend of terrible ass ends.

The whole area behind the rear doors in the picture of the white just doesnt seem to flow, it seems to busy
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT View Post
Lets keep it simple. ..
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 04:11 PM   #237
strykerg8gt
 
Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Burlington, NJ
Posts: 310
I'm a fan of the headlights being integrated lower on the front bumper. Honestly, how many people actually use fog lights and having the headlights lower means I won't be blinded at night when it's driving towards me.

As for the looks, I think the side profile and rear 3/4 profile pics are more flattering than the pic being posted here. It also might be interesting to have the roof blacked out above that lower trim molding line.
strykerg8gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 05:09 PM   #238
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 13,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd1276 View Post
The lease on my 2017 Ford Escape will be up in 18 months. Waiting to see this in person and price/options but this looks like my next SUV/CUV or whatever the hell you wanna call it.
It will definitely be more expensive than an Escape. Take the GMC Acadia and subtract a grand or two for comparable trims is my assumption.

Of course...waiting a while until they start putting discounts/rebates on these will put them way under MSRP which is always the case.
__________________
2016 Camaro 1SS - 8-speed - NPP - Black bowties
2010 Camaro 1LT V6 (Sold. I will miss her!)
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.