Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 05-17-2015, 01:36 PM   #15835
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Yes you mentioned blue.........several times.

I'm with you. First thoughts on the "leak" were less than impressive. Now it is really growing on me.

Have a strong desire to see one up close.

Also I am expecting a slightly higher level of quality as many of the detailed photos were lacking grain and final production finishes.
Old 05-17-2015, 03:33 PM   #15836
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Rumor has it from the press day that the 6th Gen SS is MUCH faster around the track, but it is just a rumor...
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 04:02 PM   #15837
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I like it.

But I like mine better.
Old 05-17-2015, 04:43 PM   #15838
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
The power curve should be intresting. I know my SS doesn't feel fast until 4000 rpm.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 05:10 PM   #15839
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
If the SS does lose 200 lbs, it should undercut the ATS-V by a good amount, which is shocking.
Old 05-17-2015, 11:09 PM   #15840
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Rumor has it from the press day that the 6th Gen SS is MUCH faster around the track, but it is just a rumor...

I'm looking forward to hearing the times,

but I expect it will still need _L_O_W_E_R_I_N_G.
Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 10:03 AM   #15841
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Yes you mentioned blue.........several times.

I'm with you. First thoughts on the "leak" were less than impressive. Now it is really growing on me.

Have a strong desire to see one up close.

Also I am expecting a slightly higher level of quality as many of the detailed photos were lacking grain and final production finishes.
I talked to Tom Peters and asked about the paint finish on the cars and he said those were "showroom" paint finishes, alluding to the fact that they were not a factory paint finish. I asked if they were going to produce paint finishes like that and he responded - "That is the goal". There was no orange peel on the cars.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 11:35 AM   #15842
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
I talked to Tom Peters and asked about the paint finish on the cars and he said those were "showroom" paint finishes, alluding to the fact that they were not a factory paint finish. I asked if they were going to produce paint finishes like that and he responded - "That is the goal". There was no orange peel on the cars.
This thing is being built along side Cadillacs....remember that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post

I like to think I started some of those rumors.

They let us drive the 6-cylinder cars around the Grand Prix circuit...not all-out, but pretty close...and I've got to say, they're FAST. I'm thinking...close to 5th-gen automatic SS-fast. I legitimately felt entertained and would never regret buying one if that's what I could afford.

It kicked my head back, and it handled a lot like a 5th gen 1LE...tight, responsive, flat.

Then, those Brembo brakes (on the V6!!) stopped the car with authority.

The cars with NPP were actually loud, and GOOD sounding. They weren't pretending to be V8s...they almost sounded exotic, like Lamborghinis...I enjoyed the soundtrack while ripping around the course.

The engineers had this line they kept repeating: "You'll feel its lighter in the first 10 feet of driving it." You know, I thought they were just blowing smoke and exaggerating. But they weren't. The car feels half the size of the old one. It feels taut...super responsive...everything from the clutch to the throttle response makes the car feel awesomely nimble and sporty.

Did I mention they were fast?

I have driven a lot of the competition's cars....with this look...this performance...and this interior...if anybody is legitimately, and honestly cross-shopping with the new Camaro...they can't help but feel it's the winner.
Old 05-18-2015, 12:48 PM   #15843

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
just fyi....here's one "at the track"....

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=408903
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:34 PM   #15844
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
just fyi....here's one "at the track"....

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=408903
I'm going to say three things:

1) The Grand Prix course is very tight, and there's no forgiveness...all concrete walls.

2) The Grand Prix course is rough, and difficult.

3) Not all drivers are created equal. Frankly, I'm astonished Chevy did this...(media drive so soon). I picked two things out of that video, a. the guy was getting cocky as he became more comfortable with every turn. and b. when he finally lost it around the corner, his solution was to turn almost to lock...

That video reminds me of the guy that threw the ZL1 off the track as VIR.

...Some folks need to know what they don't know...
Old 05-18-2015, 02:07 PM   #15845
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
I'm going to say three things:

1) The Grand Prix course is very tight, and there's no forgiveness...all concrete walls.

2) The Grand Prix course is rough, and difficult.

3) Not all drivers are created equal. Frankly, I'm astonished Chevy did this...(media drive so soon). I picked two things out of that video, a. the guy was getting cocky as he became more comfortable with every turn. and b. when he finally lost it around the corner, his solution was to turn almost to lock...

That video reminds me of the guy that threw the ZL1 off the track as VIR.

...Some folks need to know what they don't know...
Everyone has a bad day and they are much worse on video
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 03:06 PM   #15846
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Dummy....

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk
Old 05-18-2015, 07:18 PM   #15847
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Ok, first I've settled into a strong like for this car. I was disappointed in the leaked photos but the real deal looks strong and well balanced.

That being said.....

Biggest disappointment:

Looks to much like the Gen 5. As you guys know I was a huge proponent of a Camaro that would look awesome and like a Camaro in 2022 when the Gen 7 would likely debut. I see a car that looks great but not sure how it will stand up in 5 or 6 years. I know a lot of folks love their Gen 5s and have stated a preference to their car over what we saw this weekend but to me a Gen 5 looks old and big. Still nice, just not current.

Biggest reasons to buy:

Drive train and performance. How can an LT1 manual trans in 200 pound or so lighter car not be intriguing?

Refined interior

All the latest technology and connectivity.

MR Shocks and Electronic Rear Diff.

Biggest reasons NOT to buy:

Visibility. Sorry GM but telling me that all the Camaro buyers voiced they would prefer styling over rear visibility is an old trap. You forget the reasons why people DON'T buy a Camaro and you risk a much expanded production base. If all you want is to satisfy your existing customer then awesome. And I know you have reams of data to back up your decision or at least I hope you do, there is one reason Mrs. Number 3 hates driving Camaros...........yep, visibility.

Trunk space and access. You guys remember when I posted the video of getting 2 sets of golf clubs in the trunk of my CTF? Not sure I see it here. Our ATS will fit 2 sets if you put in one diagonally first and then one cross car on top. The Camaro will certainly not accommodate them in the same manner. I'll need room for two sets in the trunk. I know GM has an evaluation for this, but I've seen the bags they use for it. The XLR with the roof down handled 2 of those cloth Sunday bags.

Keep in mind, we have 6 more months before day 1 at the dealership. And there is still a lot of information missing. Specific weights for example, option packages and standard equipment.

Overall I am very intrigued. It's a Camaro that short of looking too much like the current car seems to have addressed everything I've complained about except visibility. And no, GM having a backup camera does not excuse this.

And because it hasn't been done yet..............
Attached Images

Old 05-18-2015, 08:56 PM   #15848
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
3, I do agree it looks very similar to the Gen 5 and for me that's ok. The interior though is entirely different and appears to be way more modern. There's really no old school feel to the Gen 6 interior. After seeing it I began to dislike my 5th Gen interior. I agree on visibility. It's awful now and isn't getting better. I would care more about this if mine was a DD.
Blueclyde is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, thread for the zed, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014