Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 03-06-2015, 05:23 PM   #29
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
If you lose a vacuum line on a blower same thing can happen. Plus how many factory turbo cars, and every semi truck on the road. You don't see them just blowing up left and right from vacuum lines coming off.

If tune is solid, that isn't an issue anyways. You would know it right away. If car goes from 6 to 25+psi you will know something is up and unless you are dumb and keep trying to get on it, it isn't going to hurt anything.
Old 03-06-2015, 05:52 PM   #30
WatchThis

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS
So I came across this kit and it seems to be pretty top notch. Albeit, I'm still learning of course but I'd like opinions from you guys who are experienced and knowledgeable in this area.

http://www.hellionpowersystems.com/i...bo-systems/172

WatchThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 06:35 PM   #31
H-E
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchThis View Post
So I came across this kit and it seems to be pretty top notch. Albeit, I'm still learning of course but I'd like opinions from you guys who are experienced and knowledgeable in this area.

http://www.hellionpowersystems.com/i...bo-systems/172
If your looking at turbos its hard to beat AGP,great support after the sale which is very important.
H-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 07:05 PM   #32
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 2 SS
Get in touch with Tom at H-E. Hes a great guy and you can ck somethings out if u go c him if s/c is what u want. If not AGP seems to be a great bunch also if turbo is the way.
Old 03-07-2015, 06:02 AM   #33
H-E
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by UF4LIFE102SS View Post
Get in touch with Tom at H-E. Hes a great guy and you can ck somethings out if u go c him if s/c is what u want. If not AGP seems to be a great bunch also if turbo is the way.
Thanks for the kind words,op we can get together whenever is good for you.If you decide turbos are right for you I can help you out with the AGP kit as well.I'm in the Carolinas just give me a call and we can get a plan together.980 521 0722
H-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 10:51 AM   #34
AGP Turbo

Drives: All things Turbocharged
Quote:
Don,
When you word it like that, I'd say absolutely, let's make it happen, TAKE MY MONEY! That plan sounds perfect. One thing that a vendor on here told me relative to this issue is that superchargers are more common on street build and turbos for race builds partially due to the fact that if you lose a blower belt, you'll know it whereas if you drop a vacuum line on a turbo, you'll melt you motor down before you realize what happened. This fact is what makes me skittish about the twin turbo route. I like EVERYTHING you described and it seems to fit rather well with what I'm looking for, I just want to make sure it's a very reliable and livable combination.
LOL. Sounds like a vendor with too many superchargers on the shelf collecting dust. Way, way more turbo vehicles on the road for way more miles than supercharged. The truth of the matter on over boosting is first of all I've never seen it suddenly, unexpectedly come on like that. The combination of our design and parts used and the installer using his brain a bit and that could never happen. When over boosting usually does happen is right when a guy just put on a new boost controller wrong or is adjusting it wrong or something. So what really happens in the real world when you get out of control boost for whatever reason is the car gets way faster than usual for half a second while the boost passes your expected 10psi and spools past whatever is the point you get spark blow out and then the car cuts all power. No damage is done, it just freaks you out. Then you go about figuring out what you did wrong.

Spark blow out is when your cylinder pressure gets too high for your spark to jump the spark plug gap. With no spark you get no power and no danger. Factory gap is .043" but that wouldn't even fire at 8psi. So as we boost an engine higher and higher we keep closing the gap down little by little. Around .030" is about what you should run and that will fire 10psi fine but wouldn't fire over 15psi.

If you are really worried about it, your stock ECU has a Reduced Engine Torque mode of torque management that could easily be set up to save you. Or lots of aftermarket boost gauges have alerts or fail safes built in you could utilize. Or lots of mechanical devices like a pop off valve or such could be used. Bottom line is it's a complete non issue/ fantasy.
AGP Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 07:34 PM   #35
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
Im a HUGE Procharger fan and everyone knows this by now LOL but turbos are definitely the main choice these days and provide great results. Ive always preferred the power of a supercharger over a turbo but you cant go wrong either way you go and if you do go turbo Id also highly recommend AGP its a great setup and as stated also their support is great. If you can find people near you willing to let you ride or drive different setups take the opportunity and it will make your decision a lot easier. Good luck
Old 03-07-2015, 08:17 PM   #36
WatchThis

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpxxii View Post
Im a HUGE Procharger fan and everyone knows this by now LOL but turbos are definitely the main choice these days and provide great results. Ive always preferred the power of a supercharger over a turbo but you cant go wrong either way you go and if you do go turbo Id also highly recommend AGP its a great setup and as stated also their support is great. If you can find people near you willing to let you ride or drive different setups take the opportunity and it will make your decision a lot easier. Good luck
That's exactly what I have in my head as well. Prior to starting this thread I was pretty certain I wanted to slap on either a Maggie or a Whipple but after talking with people on here, honestly I'm leaning towards the twin turbo route and I'm certain that AGP is the best choice for that route. I do intend on taking a ride in a supercharged Camaro first and then if I can find a twin turbo camaro to ride in and compare it with, that will likely be the final deciding element but the way things are coming across, I think I'd be happiest with an AGP twin turbo setup.

WatchThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 10:51 PM   #37
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
Quote:
That's exactly what I have in my head as well. Prior to starting this thread I was pretty certain I wanted to slap on either a Maggie or a Whipple but after talking with people on here, honestly I'm leaning towards the twin turbo route and I'm certain that AGP is the best choice for that route. I do intend on taking a ride in a supercharged Camaro first and then if I can find a twin turbo camaro to ride in and compare it with, that will likely be the final deciding element but the way things are coming across, I think I'd be happiest with an AGP twin turbo setup.
I'll strap u in my Procharger car and see what u think
Old 03-07-2015, 11:02 PM   #38
Detoxx03
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Drives: 2008 Corvette
Go twin turbo and don't look back.

D1SC Procharger 932/758 on E85
A Futral Motorsports Creation
https://www.facebook.com/DetoxxAtomic
Detoxx03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 12:19 PM   #39
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Quote:
AGP Hands down for Turbo System...We have more experience with forced induction and HP that your looking for than most vendors on this site.We hold records,we have great customer service as well as a stellar reputation.

Any advise from us or our vendors is correct info.

We offer shipping at great rates and can get your car in and out in a timely fashion,Just ask around
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote