Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 11-27-2009, 11:39 AM   #1
BOULI306

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS black stripes
Onlinetires.com experiences

Just thought i wanted to share my experience (so far).

I ordered 4 Yoko's Parada's for my Camaro and directly got a confimation via E-mail.

After 5 days i still had no word about the tires being shipped. I tried to call them via the phone number on their site after work, and got a tape that they were closed. Strange because the times on their site stated they should be open. Offcourse i used the voicemail and the tape said they would call me ASAP.......... well no word from them!!

Tried this several times including E-mails but still no word. After 11 days i finally got thru and after 20 minutes they could tell me that they did not have the tires in stock and that it would take at least another 3 weeks before they will get the tires in. I asked why i wasn't notified, the guy simply said that they were REALLY busy....

Now he promised to get back with me next week about the status of the order, but i am thinking about cancelling and ordering via Tirerack!! The difference is about 90 bucks.

Any other experiences like this??
BOULI306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:11 PM   #2
Chaos Machine

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
well you get what you pay for, I order some yokos 3 weeks ago from tire rack, the next day they called to confirm the order, they shipped that day. they arrived 1 day later. I ordered UPS ground too.
Chaos Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:17 PM   #3
mjlash22

Drives: 2007 Ford Fusion SE
Well if saving the $90 is worth it to you, then hold out!
3000 = Accepted By Production Control 1/7/10 (TPW: 2/1/10)
3400 = Broadcast 1/23/10
3800 = Produced 2/2/10 (2G1FC1EV6A9189068)
4150 = Invoiced 2/5/10
4200 = Shipped
5000 = Delivered To Dealer
6000 = Delivered To Customer
mjlash22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:30 PM   #4
BOULI306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Machine View Post
well you get what you pay for, I order some yokos 3 weeks ago from tire rack, the next day they called to confirm the order, they shipped that day. they arrived 1 day later. I ordered UPS ground too.
Well, what can i say.. I never just order something because it's cheap. I did some research and the most comments i saw were positive. I'll probably give him till next week, i suspect he will not call back, then i will just cancel.

How are the Yoko's??
Old 11-27-2009, 02:38 PM   #5
iconz wheels
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS - 2007 C6 Corvette
Send a message via AIM to iconz wheels Send a message via MSN to iconz wheels
ICONZ Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOULI306 View Post
Just thought i wanted to share my experience (so far).

I ordered 4 Yoko's Parada's for my Camaro and directly got a confimation via E-mail.

After 5 days i still had no word about the tires being shipped. I tried to call them via the phone number on their site after work, and got a tape that they were closed. Strange because the times on their site stated they should be open. Offcourse i used the voicemail and the tape said they would call me ASAP.......... well no word from them!!

Tried this several times including E-mails but still no word. After 11 days i finally got thru and after 20 minutes they could tell me that they did not have the tires in stock and that it would take at least another 3 weeks before they will get the tires in. I asked why i wasn't notified, the guy simply said that they were REALLY busy....

Now he promised to get back with me next week about the status of the order, but i am thinking about cancelling and ordering via Tirerack!! The difference is about 90 bucks.

Any other experiences like this??

Try speaking with AJ. He is always right on top of things with us....
iconz wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:44 AM   #6
4SD FED

Drives: 2010 rs/ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconz wheels View Post
Try speaking with AJ. He is always right on top of things with us....
he just called me last night to check on my payment for my order, I told him that I had a friend on camaro5 that was really having a hard time with his order, and told him I would be going with someone else until they fixed your order.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:10 AM   #7
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Next time go with tirerack.com
Old 11-28-2009, 10:57 AM   #8
BOULI306

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4SD FED View Post
he just called me last night to check on my payment for my order, I told him that I had a friend on camaro5 that was really having a hard time with his order, and told him I would be going with someone else until they fixed your order.
Thanks for your support!! I think tirerack is the best option just like basically everybody is saying... Still i am trying to wait until next wednesday to give them a chance. Thing is that they still did not answer on any voicemail or e-mail which total about 15 now!!
Old 11-30-2009, 09:44 AM   #9
SilverIce1
Silver Ice

Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT Automatic
I can't say this is always the case, but I'll share my personal experience.

last year I bought some tires from onlinetires.com for my Infiniti. Yes, the service was slow, yet that wasn't the biggest problem.

It turned out the tires were factory blemishes. I was unable to get two of them balanced correctly (I do a lot of high speed highway driving). Finally I had them road-force balanced. It took 4 ounces to balance one of them and 3.25 on the other!

Onlinetires.com was willing to let me ship them back and at their discretion they would have their tire service shop diagnose if the problem was in the tires. They would know within 4 weeks. If the tires were found by them to be faulty they would send replacements.

Long story short, I threw the tires away and bought from the local tire store.

I have never had a problem with tirerack. Like someone else said, you get what you pay for...
SilverIce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 05:59 PM   #10
BOULI306

Well, a week further and no word from them. I am trying desperately to cancel my order but they will just not answer phonecalls, voicemails, e-mails and faxes!!! Anyone a idea to make sure they do not go ahead with the order?? Can i contact my credit card company and say that when that amount is requested they should not authorize it???

STAY AWAY FROM ONLINETIRES.COM
Old 12-02-2009, 06:37 PM   #11
Cheshirelaugh

Drives: 2010 SIM Camaro
YES! Call you CC company and dispute the charge.
Built 5/15
Delivered 6/19
Picked-up 6/22
Cheshirelaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:02 PM   #12
TireCrawlerNikki

Drives: chevy
Hi guys I’m Nikki with tirecrawler.com. We sell tires online like tire rack. We were thinking about adding Yokohama to our product offering. Would anyone care to share some of their experiences with the brand? On a personal note when do you think Obama will let GM build the Z28 T-top?
TireCrawlerNikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:26 PM   #13
TireCrawlerNikki

Drives: chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOULI306 View Post
Well, a week further and no word from them. I am trying desperately to cancel my order but they will just not answer phonecalls, voicemails, e-mails and faxes!!! Anyone a idea to make sure they do not go ahead with the order?? Can i contact my credit card company and say that when that amount is requested they should not authorize it???

STAY AWAY FROM ONLINETIRES.COM
Yes, call your credit card company!

We over at tirecrawler.com will be happy to answer your phone calls and emails. I mean, I am already talking to you and you haven't even ordered with us. Points for us!
TireCrawlerNikki is offline   Reply With Quote