Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 04-07-2019, 10:27 AM   #1
skongolf

Drives: 2011 2SS RS Black Vert
Any suggestions how to clean this?

My 2011 top looks like crap!! I had it fully detailed and Cermicoated 2 years ago including the top. It looked great and then about year later it started looking bad. Took it back to the detailer and got it retreated and since then the top has been getting worse and worse. I took it back in october to see what he could do, but due to an emergency surgery for me and business issues with him I dont think he did anything to it ( havnt spoken to him since then ) anyway, has anyone else had this issue of any suggestions how to fix it? I have a line on a complete top off a 2015 waterbags and all so I don't know if its even worth trying to fix it as there are wear marks and a small hole on the current top. Just dont want to spend money on a newer top if the current one can get me through another year. TIA
Attached Images

skongolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 04:37 PM   #2
LeRoyDL

Drives: 2015 SS Conv.
What did you end up doing? Mine 2015 is looking while not as bad... similar... ;(
LeRoyDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 12:41 PM   #3
LeRoyDL

I applied more 303 on mine and now it looks more like yours.. Perhaps the heat of AZ just beats the crap out of the material... I may give some of this a go: https://www.amazon.com/Protex-World-.../dp/B00745IFR4

I realize I'll eventually need to replace the top but it's only 4y old and still in good shape outside the coloring.. ;/
Old 06-27-2019, 06:12 PM   #4
Whoomba

Drives: 2024Camaro 2SS CE Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRoyDL View Post
I applied more 303 on mine and now it looks more like yours.. Perhaps the heat of AZ just beats the crap out of the material... I may give some of this a go: https://www.amazon.com/Protex-World-.../dp/B00745IFR4

I realize I'll eventually need to replace the top but it's only 4y old and still in good shape outside the coloring.. ;/
Update us if you try it.
Whoomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 02:33 PM   #5
LeRoyDL

Im on the fence now, i noticed after applying the 303 this last round that i'm not gettin bubbling. If I do end up trying it I'll certain post back though.