Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-31-2008, 11:39 PM   #57
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
First off: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :(
Why just on the side like everyone else?! Why not on top?! And why a FUEL DOOR instead of an awesome GAS CAP like on the concept?!

Sorry for my emo moment there. I'm actually okay with the side it is on though.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:44 PM   #58
LS 1st gen
Kept the Faith.

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS
Send a message via AIM to LS 1st gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emher View Post
Why just on the side like everyone else?! Why not on top?! And why a FUEL DOOR instead of an awesome GAS CAP like on the concept?!

Well, at least you can't say the interior is like everyone eles's !
Old 02-01-2008, 12:02 AM   #59
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadHatter99 View Post
Hearts are breaking all over Camaro land tonight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
Well, Camaro designers, I am upset that you unfortunately had to kill off one of the best design details just because of stupid people. I know its out of your control, but really, that's heartbreaking. I wonder if the aftermarket will offer replacement panels and equipment to put it back in its proper place.

Other than the misplaced fuel door ......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Eric View Post
Ah man I was hoping the fuel door was on the Drivers side...
Quote:
Originally Posted by munkee drummer View Post
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh damn it. I wanted the door on the top!!!!!! Crap!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urthman View Post
Boo on the gas cap location.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisenhower View Post
I thought the heads at gm said that it would be tough to tell the difference between the concept and the production model... First the corny head lights then the obnoxious backup lamps-- now the gas cap? Dam thing looks domesticated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
man i really wanted the gas cap on the drivers side. it makes it so much easier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamCamaro View Post
Finally got the photo with the location huh? Well, it would have been cool to have had the gas filler at the top but hey... the car still is looking wicked!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlaZ View Post
Boo for passenger side gas cap, its not a deal breaker for me at all even though its a small inconvenience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bprange View Post
Boooooo.....i loved that top gas cap *sigh of disappointment*
Quote:
Originally Posted by acscamarochick06 View Post
I'm sad because the gas cap is on the passenger side, but its just an inconvenience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFord View Post
a tad bit disappointed with the fuel door, but I figured thats where it was gonna end up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by byebyeImports View Post
deeply saddened... but i'll live! still hoping though
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jak View Post
Damn, I love this car. But I have to side with the others. "Booooo" on the filler location, unless it's got to with the location of the car? Not a deal breaker though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emher View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenz Camaro View Post
So TAG, are you OK buddy?
I know, this IS pretty disappointing, I feel your pain man. But, maybe GM just hasn't worked out the mass production details of the top of the line Camaro fuel filler yet? Or, there will always be bondo and the after market
Hope you're OK man, but we're still gonna be buying this awesome machine when they're released.
All I have to say, READ ABOVE, GM.

Honestly, I'm alive. But, as you can tell by my MULTIPLE quotes, I'm NOT HAPPY. What can I say.... I guess I can't say anything to change anyones minds but, "READ ABOVE GM." Then, I'll just kick back, hope, pray, ..., be sad.... I'm just saddened....really saddened that they had to go and do this.:(

Guys and gals, I love this car. I LOVE IT. I'm just very passionate about this Camaro and what comes of what we saw in NAIAS. No deal breaker for me. But, I'm going to think about it each and every time when I have to fill up and look at the d@mn gas cap. Some of you are probably saying, "get over it." I know. I know... and believe me, I've got a response, but I'll just keep it to myself.

Other than that, freakin' beeeeautiful car. Great, Great, GREAT, GREAT job, GM.

....and now, a message from my wife.....and you know it must be important if she says something other than, "get off the dang computer!" ...and I quote....

"Awwwww.....it was cool on top. "Why do they have to go and do things like everybody else. There's something to be said about being unique. Just dropped 10 points on the coolness factor."

In advance, I'm sorry, Scott. I just feel the same way as a lot of others here.:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

And Kenz, you bet. We're still going to be buying one hell of a machine...that's for d@mn sure.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 12:24 AM   #60
thelastz28
Trans Am GTA

Drives: '88 T/A GTA | L98
Get over it man! Like someone else said earlier, "regular" people are going to own this car too, and they might ruin their paint when they spill some gas with the filler on top.

General Motors, for making a 5th gen Camaro.
thelastz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 12:26 AM   #61
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
You know Tag, you're not alone caring that much. You all saw my list of other cars I'm considering. All good cars. Yet when I thought about them, I thought things like "well, every time I go to fill it up with gas, it wouldn't be nearly as cool as filling up the Camaro with gas through that beautiful fuel door". I mean it just blew me away that EVERYTHING was special about this car, including something as ordinary as a fuel door. I mean, only the Camaro could make something like that look so cool that it became one of its most memorable design features. Now with the new fuel door, filling the Camaro up with gas won't be different than filling a Corolla up with gas. Just a door in the side of the car...yay. It sounds so vain and petty, but really, it is all about what makes the Camaro such a standout. Its all in the details.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 12:34 AM   #62
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

^Your right. It does make it stand out. And no, I'm not alone. You're right. I'll get over it....I will.

And now let me take a moment to thank all those people who don't know how to fill up their gas tank w/out spilling some on their paint. Oh, and I also have to thank all those who open their doors and hit the metal poles at the gas station!!! Can't forget about you guys either!

Ok...I'm better.

EDIT: I know this was done for many reasons....another big one being the $$$ factor. All good.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:01 AM   #63
GameOv3r

Drives: 2008 Chevy Aveo
Ok now I'm pissed. I have'nt posted in awhile but I have to rant. That back bumper looks like f***in crap compared to the concept. Why in the world would GM need to change that??? Wouldn't it cost GM MORE money to add lips to the d@mn thing?!? And the poor fate of the gas cap NOOO!!!! HOW COULD YOU GM??? That takes away from the look of the car. And those hideous headlights...don't even get me started. GM if you read this, I KNOW what you're thinking and going with these headlights and you better wipe those THOUGHTS out of your MIND. I have a minor gripe with that attenna on the roof also....what if I don't even want Satellite radio? None of this really makes sense to me. I know GM wants to save money but the things they added to this car (ie. rear bumper with added lips, sirius satellite radio, extra f***ing headlights) The only thing that makes sense in being cost effective is :sigh: placing the gas cap on the side. I say go with the concept rear bumper, get rid of the satellite radio and the extra headlights and place the gas cap back on top of the rear fender. Voila GM cost effective! Everyone can be happy and go on about their day.

P.S. I know people are saying time and time again, those are not the production headlights....but I find it hard to believe that a huge company like GM can't have the "real" headlights available yet (but can conveniently have them for the concept cars?? yeah ok)So I am not buyin this oh we just needed some lights at the last minute bull that they say because they are showing these headlights on the V6 and V8 it appears. Hell, I know I wouldn't be showing off the wrong headlights on a beautiful car that I created and give people the wrong impression (especially when GM said they were ugly headlights...or something along those lines).
GameOv3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 01:57 AM   #64
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganZ View Post
Attachment 3666

Attachment 3667

Fuel door question answered
Wide rear tires
Open front slot
Must be a V8!
Gas Cap location... Say it is not SOOOOOOO... Well at least it's round...

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 02:03 AM   #65
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
That's right!! TAG!

Just breath, man...slow, deep breaths. we'll all get through this together.
In with the good air out with the bad air….

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
Old 02-01-2008, 02:07 AM   #66
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
In with the good air out with the bad air….
Hold on, still catching my breath...

Team LS3
Old 02-01-2008, 02:10 AM   #67
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
Hold on, still catching my breath...
Bastard's...

Team LS3
Old 02-01-2008, 02:16 AM   #68
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Yep, Killer. That's exactly how I felt. It's still suprising...and sad.

You were right, camero....you were right. Thanks.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:18 AM   #69
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Yep, Killer. That's exactly how I felt. It's still suprising...and sad.

You were right, camero....you were right. Thanks.
I’m still suspect…

Team LS3
Old 02-01-2008, 02:23 AM   #70
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

What are the chances someone just photoshopped that gas cap in there....not too hard to do, is it?