Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 07-06-2010, 12:35 AM   #15
MikeL

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver2SSRS6spd View Post
Radar jammers are ileagal in this state as well.
Jamming: Electronic Speed-Measuring Devices

28150. (a) No vehicle shall be equipped with any device that is designed for, or is capable of, jamming, scrambling, neutralizing, disabling, or otherwise interfering with radar, laser, or any other electronic device used by a law enforcement agency to measure the speed of moving objects.
(b) No person shall use, buy, possess, manufacture, sell, or otherwise distribute any device that is designed for jamming, scrambling, neutralizing, disabling, or otherwise interfering with radar, laser, or any other electronic device used by a law enforcement agency to measure the speed of moving objects.
(c) Except as provided in subdivision (d), a violation of subdivision (a) or (b) is an infraction.
(d) When a person possesses four or more devices in violation of subdivision (b), the person is guilty of a misdemeanor.
(e) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, a person who has a valid federal license for operating the devices described in this section may transport one or more of those devices if the license is carried in the vehicle transporting the device at all times when the device is being transported.
Jamming: Electronic Speed-Measuring Devices

28150. (a) No vehicle shall be equipped with any device that is designed for, or is capable of, jamming, scrambling, neutralizing, disabling, or otherwise interfering with radar, laser, or any other electronic device used by a law enforcement agency to measure the speed of moving objects.
(b) No person shall use, buy, possess, manufacture, sell, or otherwise distribute any device that is designed for jamming, scrambling, neutralizing, disabling, or otherwise interfering with radar, laser, or any other electronic device used by a law enforcement agency to measure the speed of moving objects.
(c) Except as provided in subdivision (d), a violation of subdivision (a) or (b) is an infraction.
(d) When a person possesses four or more devices in violation of subdivision (b), the person is guilty of a misdemeanor.
(e) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, a person who has a valid federal license for operating the devices described in this section may transport one or more of those devices if the license is carried in the vehicle transporting the device at all times when the device is being transported.
Thanks and updated, I didn't even know you could get radar jammers. Interesting...
MikeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:40 AM   #16
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Drives: 2010 Silver/Black 2SS/RS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
Thanks and updated, I didn't even know you could get radar jammers. Interesting...
Some jammers jamm the radar so the officer gets nothing and some reduce your speed by a certain percentage. The problem is, the officer can tell you are using it becuase his gun will act funny.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:01 AM   #17
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
From the CHP website regarding the transportation of firearms.......in your Camaro!

California law does not recognize concealed weapon permits from other states; therefore, they would not be held valid. If you wish to transport a handgun during your California visit, it should be carried unloaded in a locked container. In the absence of a suitable container, you may secure the unloaded handgun in the locked trunk of a passenger car. Ammunition may be kept in the same container or trunk, but the handgun must remain unloaded with no rounds in the cylinder and no loaded magazines in the magazine well.

I'll try to find the exact vehicle code for this as well.

Todd.
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:12 AM   #18
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Drives: 2010 Silver/Black 2SS/RS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
From the CHP website regarding the transportation of firearms.......in your Camaro!

California law does not recognize concealed weapon permits from other states; therefore, they would not be held valid. If you wish to transport a handgun during your California visit, it should be carried unloaded in a locked container. In the absence of a suitable container, you may secure the unloaded handgun in the locked trunk of a passenger car. Ammunition may be kept in the same container or trunk, but the handgun must remain unloaded with no rounds in the cylinder and no loaded magazines in the magazine well.

I'll try to find the exact vehicle code for this as well.

Todd.
The rounds can't be attached to the firearm in anyway or form including the shell holders you see on shotguns. Shells attached this way = loaded firearm.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:58 AM   #19
Habu

Drives: 2011 srt8 392 & 2010 2ss/rs
Quote:
Yeah many people get away with it just fine. But they can always use it to pull you over.

Thanks, updated
absolutely correct. But also my experience in SO Cal they don't need a reason citing reasonable suspicion or what not.
Habu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:46 PM   #20
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
Question on window tint. I have my drivers and passenger side tinted. I am military and have my vehicle registered in Nevada. The tint is legal for Nevada, but not California. Can I be fined for the tint?
MikeSVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:07 PM   #21
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
From what I've heard, it goes by the state you are in, not where you're from...So, if you get pulled over and it's too dark, they can give you a fix-it ticket...$25, and get it fixed and signed off...

Just sent in my $25 for my no front plate fix-it ticket ;(
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:16 PM   #22
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Js View Post
From what I've heard, it goes by the state you are in, not where you're from...So, if you get pulled over and it's too dark, they can give you a fix-it ticket...$25, and get it fixed and signed off...

Just sent in my $25 for my no front plate fix-it ticket ;(
I don't think they can enforce the front plate for out of state cars. I'm originally from Delaware. They won't give you a tag for the front. The only way you get a second plate is if you report the original one stolen.
MikeSVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:11 PM   #23
MikeL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSVX View Post
Question on window tint. I have my drivers and passenger side tinted. I am military and have my vehicle registered in Nevada. The tint is legal for Nevada, but not California. Can I be fined for the tint?
Nothing to see here.

Last edited by MikeL; 07-15-2010 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Wrong info.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:43 AM   #24
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
I believe since its registered in Nevada you're okay. I'm not positive on this, but if it follows gun laws you should be. IE: You can own guns illegal in California and transport them within the state as long as they are registered to your residence in Nevada. Once again not POSITIVE.. lol guess I'm not much help in that department.
Incorrect. Regardless of where the car is registered, he can be cited for illegal tint in California.

Also many guns that are ILLEGAL TO SELL are at the same time LEGAL TO OWN provided they are configured correctly.
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:52 AM   #25
MikeL

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
Incorrect. Regardless of where the car is registered, he can be cited for illegal tint in California.

Also many guns that are ILLEGAL TO SELL are at the same time LEGAL TO OWN provided they are configured correctly.
Ahh okay, sorry about that . Yeah gun laws are so confusing in my opinion. The AR-15 Lower laws come to mind.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:11 PM   #26
SA CHEVY
"HILLARY"

Drives: "HILLARY" :D
I thought it was my understanding that as long as the vehicle itself is registered in said state (to stick to the example the car is registered in Nevada with Nevada plates) that because the window tint is legal in Nevada you can't be cited for it in California during your visit. I may be incorrect on that but to use a personal example I had a friend of mine who moved to Arizona and registered is SRT10 in AZ with his new address. He came back to CA to pickup the last of his stuff and was pulled over for window tint however after the officer noticed the car was registered in Arizona he let him go and just told him to watch his windows during his visit here. Anyone in the line of work to give us a final ruling on this? (i.e. law enforcement officers whether it be City, County, or State?)
Old 08-02-2010, 05:27 PM   #27
MikeL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA CHEVY View Post
I thought it was my understanding that as long as the vehicle itself is registered in said state (to stick to the example the car is registered in Nevada with Nevada plates) that because the window tint is legal in Nevada you can't be cited for it in California during your visit. I may be incorrect on that but to use a personal example I had a friend of mine who moved to Arizona and registered is SRT10 in AZ with his new address. He came back to CA to pickup the last of his stuff and was pulled over for window tint however after the officer noticed the car was registered in Arizona he let him go and just told him to watch his windows during his visit here. Anyone in the line of work to give us a final ruling on this? (i.e. law enforcement officers whether it be City, County, or State?)
See thats the way I understand it. But I'm guessing its only if you're just visiting/under a few months. If you have recently moved and its registered out of state I'm sure they have a time frame or grace period for when you need to become state compliant if your vehicle will be permanently in the state.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:46 AM   #28
pureh2o2

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS Coupe
I recently purchased 3040 KRAG from a collector that I sold it 2 years ago. Kept rifle and ammo in trunk w/rifle unloaded....that was right? Thanks!
pureh2o2 is offline   Reply With Quote