Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

View Poll Results: Which tracking site do you prefer?
GMConnects 14 93.33%
Chevrolet's Tracking Site 1 6.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-25-2012, 08:59 AM   #1
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Which Tracking System do you prefer?

Looking for some insight from you Chevrolet customers who are familiar with GMConnects and Chevrolet's tracking site.....

We would like to know which site you prefer to get your order updates from. Please feel free to state why.

With all due respect to Becky and Brandon, this is a question being asked on many sites to many different GM customers so please stay on topic.

Please note that this is an open poll.

Thanks!

Last edited by Hylton; 10-25-2012 at 09:10 AM.
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:39 AM   #2
Genob4c

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
Who the heck voted for the Chevy site? They must've never used gmconnects.

Former:
2013 ZL1 Vert – Crystal Red
1978 Corvette Pace Car
1969 Pace Car
1969 Z/28 – Cortez Silver, 1974 LT/Z28 Blue
1974 Z28 Dark Green , 1976 Camaro Type LT – Black
1980 Z28 – Charcoal, 1981 Z28 – Dark Blue
1981 Z28 – Claret, 1982 Pace Car
1986 IROC – Red, 1993 Z28 – Red
1996 Z28 vert, 1998 Z28 Dk Blue
2002 B4C 2004 Vette – LeMans Blue
2008 Vette - CRT
2011 Camaro Pace Car
Genob4c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:49 AM   #3
kmmink

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS/GFX CRT/Beige A6
When was the last time that gmconnects.com was functional?

I placed my first order 08/04 and have never been able to use that site. Same thing with my second order that was placed 10/04.

I would think that most people viewing this sub forum are members that have current orders that they are trying to track.

The chevrolet.com website is not the most accurate, but at least, at this time, it is available with some sort of updates.

I know that this is a survey between those two sites, but at the current time and from my only available options when I was/am trying to track my order(s), I would have to say Becky and my dealer.

If I have to choose between gmconnects.com and cheverolet.com, I would have to go with chevrolet.com simply due to the fact that is functional and available.

With that being said, I'm sure that gmconnects.com is probably the better site, but since it has never been available to me, I cannot vote for it.

2013 2LT/RS CRT/Beige A6;Body-color gfx, body-color blade spoiler, body-color grille, body-color engine cover, Sunroof, Navigation, 20" polished aluminum wheels, Spare tire, and Cargo net-Order placed 8/4/12-TPW 8/27/12-Delivered 9/27/12 and 2013 2LT/RS AGM/Gray A6;Body-color gfx, body-color blade spoiler, body-color grille, Sunroof, Navigation, 20" polished aluminum wheels(last years), Spare tire, and Cargo net-Order placed 10/4/12-TPW 10/29/12-Delivered 12/11/12.
kmmink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:04 AM   #4
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmmink View Post

I placed my first order 08/04 and have never been able to use that site. Same thing with my second order that was placed 10/04.

I would think that most people viewing this sub forum are members that have current orders that they are trying to track.

The chevrolet.com website is not the most accurate, but at least, at this time, it is available with some sort of updates.

I know that this is a survey between those two sites, but at the current time and from my only available options when I was/am trying to track my order(s), I would have to say Becky and my dealer.

If I have to choose between gmconnects.com and cheverolet.com, I would have to go with chevrolet.com simply due to the fact that is functional and available.

With that being said, I'm sure that gmconnects.com is probably the better site, but since it has never been available to me, I cannot vote for it.

This is not a poll comparing a functional Chevrolet site to a non-functional GMConnects site - that would be a waste. I've explained the reasons why GMConnects is down on another thread.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:09 PM   #5
ROD_SS

Drives: 2013 1SS Camaro and a truck
GMCONNECTS- because it shows you the break down status of your vehicle that has been ordered.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:13 PM   #6
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmmink View Post

I think what he is trying to say is that since the site isn't currently available you will get skewed results. I have not voted because i have nothing to compare it to. I would love to use the gmconnects site to track my current order but I cannot. Most people who come to this section and see this thread will be awaiting a vehicle now. With no site available they have no frame of reference. People who used it in the past are not likely to frequent the order tracking/dealer discussion section. So if I had to vote i would have to say gm site only because thats all I know. And many others currently awaiting vehicles will probably feel the same way.
newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:21 PM   #7
Dawn55430

Drives: 2023 Radiant Red 2LT
GM Connects gives much more detailed information. When I ordered my car, Chevy only said something stupid like "in process" where GM Connects told me when it went from status to status. And even though they didn't really mean anything to me, I felt better seeing it actually changing. Reassured me that SOMETHING was happening.

My Chevy status didn't change for 6 weeks, and if I wouldn't have had the GM Connects I would have been on the phone with my dealer constantly wondering why nothing moved in that time.
Dawn55430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:03 PM   #8
kmmink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
This is not a poll comparing a functional Chevrolet site to a non-functional GMConnects site - that would be a waste. I've explained the reasons why GMConnects is down on another thread.
I'm sorry if I did not word my point correctly, but I'm am stating that most people viewing this thread will not be able to compare the two because gmconnects.com has not been functional for them.

I have read your other thread concerning the reasons for it being down.
2013 2LT/RS CRT/Beige A6;Body-color gfx, body-color blade spoiler, body-color grille, body-color engine cover, Sunroof, Navigation, 20" polished aluminum wheels, Spare tire, and Cargo net-Order placed 8/4/12-TPW 8/27/12-Delivered 9/27/12 and 2013 2LT/RS AGM/Gray A6;Body-color gfx, body-color blade spoiler, body-color grille, Sunroof, Navigation, 20" polished aluminum wheels(last years), Spare tire, and Cargo net-Order placed 10/4/12-TPW 10/29/12-Delivered 12/11/12.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:05 PM   #9
kmmink

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
I think what he is trying to say is that since the site isn't currently available you will get skewed results. I have not voted because i have nothing to compare it to. I would love to use the gmconnects site to track my current order but I cannot. Most people who come to this section and see this thread will be awaiting a vehicle now. With no site available they have no frame of reference. People who used it in the past are not likely to frequent the order tracking/dealer discussion section. So if I had to vote i would have to say gm site only because thats all I know. And many others currently awaiting vehicles will probably feel the same way.

Exactly! This is what I was stating in my first response.

I guess I just didn't word my reply so this point came across.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:01 AM   #10
DERZ

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Black
The Chevy tracking is garbage. It does not even show the correct car that I ordered. I will vote when GM Connect starts to work if that is better.

Right now thank god we have Becky...