Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-19-2011, 03:42 PM   #29
BlownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublefatty View Post
I had GHL's catback on my vette and they were the only choice for my Camaro. I had them installed professionally. I know this doesn't help the OP, but once you get them installed correctly, you won't be disappointed.

you are right....it doesnt help LOL but I had them on my Vette too and loved them. Glad to hear that with a professional's touch, they will be what I was looking for. Thanks!
2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.4 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.
BlownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:24 PM   #30
mikey8

Drives: 2019 SS 1LE
Did you tighten everything up front first, then put the mufflers on? On my Corsa, I put everything together on the car, got the tips where I wanted, then tightened clamps little by little, while making sure that the tips never moved. I think I tightened from back to front.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:50 PM   #31
BlownSS

I still havent fully tightened anything!
2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.4 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.
BlownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:45 PM   #32
mikey8

Drives: 2019 SS 1LE
So much for that....Sorry I wasn't able to help.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:22 PM   #33
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Did you ever get this resolved?

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:43 AM   #34
Beyond Limits
Pushin a rock...

When I put the full cat back GHL system in it required a lot of manual force to get them aligned in the rear hangers. The most frustrating part was after I took the car out for a little test drive when I got back I noticed the passenger side had slipped and melted the diffuser a bit. However with some manual force you can get the cans aligned correctly and then you have to torque down the brackets and it will hold in place. It was a good few months ago when I put mine in, but I remember having to basically grab the tip and the can and twist the unit until it was aligned correctly and then while still holding it tightly with one hand tighten down the bracket to hold it in place. So I do understand your frustration with the alignment, however it is possible to get it correct without professional help. Although if you can get someone to help you hold it in the correct position it is much easier.
Beyond Limits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:23 AM   #35
mirage1le

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS, M6, Black/Black
Same here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond Limits View Post
When I put the full cat back GHL system in it required a lot of manual force to get them aligned in the rear hangers. The most frustrating part was after I took the car out for a little test drive when I got back I noticed the passenger side had slipped and melted the diffuser a bit. However with some manual force you can get the cans aligned correctly and then you have to torque down the brackets and it will hold in place. It was a good few months ago when I put mine in, but I remember having to basically grab the tip and the can and twist the unit until it was aligned correctly and then while still holding it tightly with one hand tighten down the bracket to hold it in place. So I do understand your frustration with the alignment, however it is possible to get it correct without professional help. Although if you can get someone to help you hold it in the correct position it is much easier.
Similar story here.....I ordered the full GHL system. The passenger side was not easy to get straight, and still won't be 100% perfect (at least to me) w/out breaking and re-welding the GHL bracket(s). Aligning the passenger tip took a different rubber isolator/hanger (a little longer than the factory so the tip didn't rest against the top of the rear plastic valance). Now that muffler still hangs ever so slightly lower than the driver's side, but at least that tip is centered.
mirage1le is offline   Reply With Quote