Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-19-2018, 09:02 AM   #1
btobiasw

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS 1LE
Post Suggestions on Warranty for Notchy Trans and Issues with Chevy Customer Service

Some background;

I recently purchased a new to me 2015 SS 1LE with about 24k on the clock. The car came from Arrowhead Cadillac in Arizona and I had the car shipped to me in Indiana. The car arrived with no major issues, aside from some water in the drivers side taillight, which has since been replaced.

After a couple months I noticed the transmission was not as smooth as it should be when shifting, particularly when going from first to second. Im sure we are all very familiar with this issue so I wont go into detail about it, suffice to say it isn't grinding yet and I want to keep it that way.

After some research here, and seeing what other members have said about putting better trans fluid in, I took my vehicle to HARE Chevrolet, in Noblesville IN. My contact and Service rep there, Jamie, was excellent, kind, and communicated extremely well.

Unfortunately, it seems like this particular dealership cares more about the bottom line then helping customers. I have seen other members have been able to go through their dealerships to get their desired trans fluid into their cars to try and mitigate the issues they have been having, however, this dealership has been unwilling to help.

I dropped the car off on March 1st. They drove the car 3 separate times, claiming they didn't think the notchy trans was any different then it should be, and that since nothing was broken, they would not be warrantying it. I requested we change the trans fluid, and they immediately claimed that it would void my powertrain warranty. I escalated to the service manager at the dealership, who also reiterated that they would not assist, and that if I myself put Royal Purple in the trans, I would void my warranty as that fluid "is serious stuff for a daily driver."

Frustrated, I called GM customer service who then contacted the Dealership on my behalf. On day 15 of the car being at the dealership I receive a call from GM Customer service.

To be clear, the representative who spoke to me was not the supervisor working my case, as she leaves the office at 5 and I am only available after 430, due to work. So this gentleman was speaking to me on her behalf.

I have never ever been treated so poorly in any professional relationship or setting ever. This person was without a doubt the rudest individual in a client servicing role I have ever had the displeasure to work with. To start with, the rep couldn't possibly understand why I would want to void my warranty by putting other fluid I there, claiming it was not right for the car. I told him over and over, very kindly, that I did not believe the car was functioning properly. He restated that the dealership claimed there was nothing wrong, and I told him I understand, but all due respect I did not think that was accurate info. At this point I mention to the rep that other owners are having issues, to which he states he has never worked this issue before, and he believes no one else has had the issue.

I then state a simple search of the web would reveal this is a well known issue, to which he replies "Well, maybe your quote unquote research should span more then just the internet, since our experts can't seem to find any problems," and that "Oh yea, all two of the people I'm sure." At this point the rep clearly decides he no longer wishes to talk to me. He begins to talk over me, saying there is no way he can assist me with this, if I put different trans fluid in the car, he will void my warranty without question, that he was finished talking to me and would be closing my ticket. I told him to have a wonderful day and hung up.

So this phone call was awful, but I'm feeling stuck. I asked to talk to someone else and he said no. The dealership won't help me without voiding the warranty and if I put the fluid in myself, they will void It as well. My only thought is to put Dexron back in every time I take it to the dealership.

Anyone have any other suggestions? I've sort of run out of ideas at this point.
btobiasw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 10:12 AM   #2
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
I dealt with Hare once.....never again.
But to your point. I'm not quite sure what you are asking. You want a dealer to put non factory fluids in your car yet hold them to warranty? And I beleive the notchy tranny was fixed way before 2015.
I would let them change w/factory fluid....if issue persists, take it in again. As long as you are documenting the issue during warranty....if it does break, you have a bit more leverage.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
maintenance, trans, transmission fluid, warranty