Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 1st & 2nd Generation Camaros

Old 02-21-2014, 08:20 PM   #1
Jbcamaro

Drives: 2010 camaro
Can anyone help me look around for a 67 camaro please

I'm looking for a 67 camaro for a reasonable price. I don't care about the paint just want the body in fair shape. And the interior a 5/10. I need it to be drive able tho so I can fix it up while I'm driving it. Your help would really be appreciated guys!
Jbcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 01:57 AM   #2
flyingskibiker

Drives: Cars, Trucks, Bikes, ORVs, Planes
Send a message via Yahoo to flyingskibiker
craigslist, autotrader, and local consignment dealers. Know your values and available options. Patients is key. Sometimes people will "post" ads at their speed shops. Might also be able to find a local Camaro club?
Old 02-23-2014, 02:32 PM   #3
Jbcamaro

I've searched every where. I can't find one that I can get for around 8 to 9k. Patience is hard but your right.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:53 PM   #4
WiSSDiver

Drives: 1968 Coupe, 2010 2SS, 2011 2SS/RS
Couple out on EBay. Just depends on how creative you want to get. Not to sure you'll find something drivable in your price range, as it was already said, patience are your best bet.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:28 AM   #5
flyingskibiker

Yah, I did some local searching the other day. I just wanted to see what was out there that could be had for a good deal. Kind of like you are thinking. At least drivable and repairable w/o a ton of body work. The cheapest I could find was $17k! There were a few that needed rust repair or w/o major components for a lot less. Fine. But I was in the "swap parts" kind of mind instead of the restoration mindset...

Kind of stinks. I bought my car for $4k back in 1983. And that was at the high end! It did drive, had a 427 in it, NO dents, maybe one door ding, shotty paint in a few spots, a hood scoop (was OK to have one back then), and was complete. I basically swapped out the tunnel ram and 4:56s and drove it to school daily! lol

Still needs paint... :-P
Old 02-24-2014, 12:50 PM   #6
Jbcamaro

Sent you a pm
Old 02-24-2014, 12:52 PM   #7
Jbcamaro

And 17k is really too much IMO for something I need to drive around and fix up gradually. I'm trying to keep the miles off my 2010 abm and keep it from being so scratched up from people. I'm sure you understand flyingskibiker
Old 03-31-2014, 02:55 AM   #8
flyingskibiker

Welp, I just went over and watched a 1 owner '67 RS get sold for $13K. It was pretty much worth that.

I had a good time checking all the numbers and seeing the original 8-track.

Lots of missing parts (if going back to original), needed a repaint and some body work, had some hotrod parts on it, and generally needed a LOT of TLC.

BUT it had a working 8-track, power brakes, power steering, the 327/275 (powerglide), clean and intact interior, original engine, smog pump, and transmission (and other engine related parts), was originally a vinyl topped marina blue, deluxe seat belts, Z23, and a mostly rust free CA car.

Lots of work ahead. But pretty decent deal none the less...

My friend is a long time neighbor of the seller. The gentleman passed away and his daughter was selling it for her mother. She had a friend set up a sealed bid auction through a craigslist ad. He whittled the list down to 9 people, 7 showed, 2 didn't have money on hand. Four had very low bids (I almost put in a $5011 bid just to fool around) and one guy said he had $13K in his pocket... He's buying it to restore with is little boy (eventually). He's restored a couple '60s Mustangs and one other '67 Camaro.