Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

View Poll Results: Would you charge up your V6 Camaro?
Yes I would super charge it NOW 16 24.62%
Yes I would turbo charge it NOW 14 21.54%
Yes I would do whatever came first NOW 16 24.62%
No I would turbo charge it Later(Post Warranty) 8 12.31%
No I would super charge it Later(Post Warranty) 8 12.31%
No I would not charge it up 3 4.62%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-01-2010, 08:15 AM   #1
WayneBrady
Super Mario Racing

Drives: 2013 Ashen Grey 2SS/RS M6
You asked for it, I'll give to you(Dealers)

I see a lot of threads of F.I. co.'s asking for interest, then leaving. I actually wonder if they should be doing this kind of marketing because I am pretty sure in the real market, there aren't polls used to calculate supply and demand.

This poll should reflect what people would actually buy or in what they are interested.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:57 AM   #2
Abygale

Drives: .
Well I don't know how many of the companies still visit this site. Last year I know a rep from magnuson was on here and I tried to generate a thread showing the interest and he said he needed to see about 100 people interested before they would really do anything.

LPE had a list last winter with about 100 people interested, but you have to understand there have been many more cars sold, and this application could be used on more cars than just the V6 Camaro. Once word got out, and results were tested and proven on real cars.....a forced induction kit would sell very well (I would think).

I voted the first to become available. The caveats of course would have to be proven gains, reliability, and affordability. Some of us are already 1/3 into our warranty so by the time a kit comes out (say in 6 months) more and more people that might initially be concerned with warranty issues might find that less of a deterrent.

Also, a company like LPE might provide a warranty for their kit so that becomes less of an issue as well.
Abygale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:09 AM   #3
WayneBrady
Super Mario Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abygale View Post

Also, a company like LPE might provide a warranty for their kit so that becomes less of an issue as well.

If LPE is Lingenfelter, then like Hennessy there is a 3 year 36000mi. warranty, unless I read wrong on one of their sites.

It was interesting to me that dealers actually used online forums for a supply and demand. Regardless of how many people show interests, the internet cannot really be used for that kind of marketing, especiall if it is through forum websites. What successful companies only supply after prepaying as the form of demand?

Companies have 10 versions of v8 upgrades, yet I am sure that there will not be a high demand for each type of upgrade, yet companies will still make them. Why would comapnies be scared when they are only able to make ONE, and I repeat only ONE option each, for the v6! I would assume the number for v6s sold would be the standard curve for S.a.D. because it is not like any company will have more that one charge kit each.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:13 AM   #4
Tiny

Drives: 3.6L LLT
I am absolutely going to turbo this motor. we just need a solid tune...
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:12 AM   #5
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
I voted supercharger post warranty but really I probably wouldn't wait out the entire warranty period. 2-3 years or so, I'd wager.
- X

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:16 AM   #6
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
I voted turbo charge now.

I wonder if some companies aren't building F/I for our v6's because they can't tune them in shop?
Old 06-01-2010, 11:36 AM   #7
Abygale

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraven Morehead View Post
If LPE is Lingenfelter, then like Hennessy there is a 3 year 36000mi. warranty, unless I read wrong on one of their sites.
Yes, LPE is Lingenfelter and their warranty was one of the reasons I was so interested in their kit. I've pretty much given up hope though.
Abygale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:36 AM   #8
camarowa

Drives: 2013 SVT Raptor, sold 2010 Camaro
supercharger for me.
- Blacked-Out Bowties & RS Emblems, Front bowtie delete
- Full Dynamat Extreme Trunk Coverage
- Tinted side markers
- Interior DSV Customs Leather Upgrades
- Airaid CAI V2
- Forgestar F14 Gunmetal 20x9, 20x11
- Doug Thorley Shorties
camarowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:49 PM   #9
CAMAR0
Loose is Fast!

Drives: Mikes Hard Lemons
GM needs to offer a LLT FI ECM as a GMPP. That would solve all issues and insure that we have a valid tune for running boost on our motors. They have the tune from the Leno car among other research they have done for competing with the Ford Ecoboost.

Bottom line is that none of the suppliers care about these threads. If they did LPE would have released their kit about 500 posts ago..
CAMAR0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:55 PM   #10
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMAR0 View Post
GM needs to offer a LLT FI ECM as a GMPP. That would solve all issues and insure that we have a valid tune for running boost on our motors. They have the tune from the Leno car among other research they have done for competing with the Ford Ecoboost.
The Leno car doesn't run. There is no tune for it.
- X

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:01 PM   #11
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Get me a tune and I'd consider offering my car as a R&D and show car as long as I go with it for a free kit and a 3-year warranty. My terms might be specific, but the growing number of V6 orders will make this kit more likely to sell than any competitor's kit. Let's look at the Mustang V6 aftermarket and beat it.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:18 PM   #12
WayneBrady
Super Mario Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMAR0 View Post

Bottom line is that none of the suppliers care about these threads. If they did LPE would have released their kit about 500 posts ago..
too true
Old 06-01-2010, 11:07 PM   #13
CAMAR0
Loose is Fast!

Drives: Mikes Hard Lemons
They have to have something close if the LF3 is near comepletion.
http://www.camaro5.com/?p=3893

So GM gave Leno a car that didnt run or did they lie that they were building it for him. Maybe its like the superbowl xlr that mvp tom brady was to get and gm took 5 months to actually to give it to him, ha!
CAMAR0 is offline   Reply With Quote