Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-10-2015, 10:12 AM   #183
chain777

Drives: Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
True! And I know that it's kinda hard to determine how much HP is enough without competition.

Well , you did bring up the years where the mustang was the only muscle/pony car to get . So while it was impressive , it wasn't really that impressive because you would expect that so this is why I think that the 5th Gens 500,000 sales was impressive . Because it was against competition. See what I'm saying? And yea , it definitely would've been nice to see how the two would've sold if both had came out together. I know about the SVP models but I was talking about the GT's.
Do you realize how small the gap between the two has been? You make it sound like the Camaro has been trouncing the Mustang in sales, when the gap is only about 5% (~500,000 to 475,000). I think it's impressive the 6 year old Mustang hung that close to the brand new Camaro.
chain777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 10:18 AM   #184
LS1ftw

Drives: LS1
Quote:

Well , you did bring up the years where the mustang was the only muscle/pony car to get . So while it was impressive , it wasn't really that impressive because you would expect that so this is why I think that the 5th Gens 500,000 sales was impressive . Because it was against competition. See what I'm saying? And yea , it definitely would've been nice to see how the two would've sold if both had came out together. I know about the SVP models but I was talking about the GT's.
Yes although there was competition, the Zeta and Chally were competing against a Mustang that was old. The fact that the Mustang was about 25,000 units off of half a million from 09-present is pretty impressive to me at least. Especially since competing against new designs. Anyways. this discussion is getting a little repetitive. Although we have different views, thanks for not getting heated like most people on these forums would.
LS1ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 10:19 AM   #185
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
I can tell you that the V8's are losing by a lot to the ecoboost but who is really surprised? And i don't think most that have a ecoboost would pick it over a V8 but hey, you get more value out of it for a cheaper price.

I don't think the Camaro and Mustang even share identical markets. They may have in 1967, but a lot has changed since then. Yes, muscle car guys love both... but I think that's where it ends. The Camaro has the identity of a race car, serious sports car, and pure retro muscle car now. The Mustang is the "cool car" of choice for Mom when the kids move out. You can throw teenage girls in there too. They seem to love the Mustang. They don't even care about HP or handling. They like the pony on the grill and it reminds them of the 6 cyl 1966 Stang that grandma drove to high school.

There is a segment of the market that buys Mustangs without even considering a Camaro.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:43 AM   #186
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2014SS View Post
I don't think the Camaro and Mustang even share identical markets. They may have in 1967, but a lot has changed since then. Yes, muscle car guys love both... but I think that's where it ends. The Camaro has the identity of a race car, serious sports car, and pure retro muscle car now. The Mustang is the "cool car" of choice for Mom when the kids move out. You can throw teenage girls in there too. They seem to love the Mustang. They don't even care about HP or handling. They like the pony on the grill and it reminds them of the 6 cyl 1966 Stang that grandma drove to high school.

There is a segment of the market that buys Mustangs without even considering a Camaro.
This article shows you are 100% wrong.

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/s/top-10...190000641.html
Old 04-10-2015, 10:56 AM   #187
Red2014SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
This article shows you are 100% wrong.

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/s/top-10...190000641.html

It wouldn't be the first time I am wrong.. but that article? maybe that's what Truecar.com says, but look around. Look at who is driving the next Mustang you see. Camaros might be their dream car, but are they buying them? Or even better, go ask a car dealer or salesman. One of my very best friends and business clients owns 7 car dealerships and we've talked about this. He sells Fords and Dodge. I just don't see many middle aged women driving new Camaros. Maybe it's different in other parts of the country?
Old 04-10-2015, 11:34 AM   #188
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
It wouldn't be the first time I am wrong.. but that article? maybe that's what Truecar.com says, but look around. Look at who is driving the next Mustang you see. Camaros might be their dream car, but are they buying them? Or even better, go ask a car dealer or salesman. One of my very best friends and business clients owns 7 car dealerships and we've talked about this. He sells Fords and Dodge. I just don't see many middle aged women driving new Camaros. Maybe it's different in other parts of the country?
I see equal parts of men and women driving both cars. The monthly Mustang club meetings I go to are filled with old, young, and middle aged men and women. But they are a well organized club with a national charter, something Camaro's do not have.
Old 04-10-2015, 12:43 PM   #189
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by chain777 View Post
Do you realize how small the gap between the two has been? You make it sound like the Camaro has been trouncing the Mustang in sales, when the gap is only about 5% (~500,000 to 475,000). I think it's impressive the 6 year old Mustang hung that close to the brand new Camaro.
Yea , but no matter what's under the car the mustang was different and new looking on the outside. So Ford still sold ppl on it because the mustang had to keep the car fresh just to keep ppl buying them. Or so Ford thought. Plus who wouldn't take a 100 more horses under warranty? You see we just hope and lobby for 20 or 50 more these days just to buy a new muscle car but Ford gave a 100hp plus.

Quote:

lmao.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1ftw View Post
Yes although there was competition, the Zeta and Chally were competing against a Mustang that was old. The fact that the Mustang was about 25,000 units off of half a million from 09-present is pretty impressive to me at least. Especially since competing against new designs. Anyways. this discussion is getting a little repetitive. Although we have different views, thanks for not getting heated like most people on these forums would.
Well looks sell and yea, the mustang had the same old drive train . Ford did change the look a few times and gave it way more HP to compete and keep up with the Camaro. So I'm definitely not surprised by how good the mustang sold since 2009- on because who wouldn't want to upgrade or buy a newer looking and more HP mustang. When the 5TH Gen has just as must HP as the V8 in the mustang. Plus there are more than twice as many mustang fans and I bet more than there are Camaro fans. Twice as many fans should equate to more sales than a Camaro. But yea , no need for any one to get upset over a discussion because sales don't mean nothing at the end . All that matters is that we are able to buy cars that love and know that the engineers did their best to make us happy. Plus I love talking cars more so American made ones. Life's to short.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 12:55 PM   #190
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

I just got back from driving a mile in my Camaro and I saw two 2015 mustang's driving around. Dang, are there any other mustang's still on the street ? Lol... They are truly everywhere and the more I see them the more they look awkward and the less I like them.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:28 PM   #191
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
I just got back from driving a mile in my Camaro and I saw two 2015 mustang's driving around. Dang, are there any other mustang's still on the street ? Lol... They are truly everywhere and the more I see them the more they look awkward and the less I like them.
I have only noticed 3 or 4 on the road since they came out. There may have been more but I just didn't notice them....
Old 04-10-2015, 01:43 PM   #192
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
See how long it takes before a refresh. First thing I think will happen is direct injection on the 5.0, it is ready for it already.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:55 PM   #193
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I have only noticed 3 or 4 on the road since they came out. There may have been more but I just didn't notice them....
Yea, I see like 2 - 4 a day just in a 10 mile and 10 min drive. I see 1 new challenger a day almost. Lol... But I do notice more old R/T's and SRT's on the streets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
See how long it takes before a refresh. First thing I think will happen is direct injection on the 5.0, it is ready for it already.
Yea , it's crazy ! I'm guessing they will do a refresh after they see how well the 6th Gen does or when the sells slow down .
Old 04-10-2015, 02:08 PM   #194
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Yea , it's crazy ! I'm guessing they will do a refresh after they see how well the 6th Gen does or when the sells slow down .
I'm thinking the GT350 front end transferred over like how the GT500 front end was on the 2013-2014.

I'm not a fan of the 2015, to me the 2013-2014 looked the best, reason I made a fast move to get one before they were gone. But I also did the same when I bought my green Camaro, can't let opportunities slip by.
Old 04-10-2015, 02:27 PM   #195
Red2014SS

Quote:

lmao.....
Care to elaborate, or do you just want to be insulting?
Old 04-10-2015, 03:08 PM   #196
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Care to elaborate, or do you just want to be insulting?
Huh????