Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-30-2023, 12:42 PM   #15
DKSynergy
Kunch

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS L99 Silver Ice Mett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhornet2 View Post
I would like to get people's input on what they have done to upgrade the radio. I have a 2011. I don't need better speakers or anything I just want a Bluetooth radio. I don't want to spend $1400 on a mylink upgrade. What have you used for a double din (I think its called). I found decent pricing on the housing for them but want an easy install on a decent head unit that is cost effective!
What I did to get bluetooth audio in my 2010 was just bought a $15 bluetooth aux audio adapter from amazon it plugs into your Aux Cable in the center console and the other end of it plugs into the USB above it to power it. It works perfectly if all your worried about is playing music from your phone that is the best bet. If you want the look of the Touch screen well im in the same boat as you I will be upgrading mine soon.

^^^^ This is my old car, Haven't made new signature pic yet, but Check out its old build thread My Build Thread
DKSynergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 04:38 PM   #16
SummitWhite11

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKSynergy View Post
What I did to get bluetooth audio in my 2010 was just bought a $15 bluetooth aux audio adapter from amazon it plugs into your Aux Cable in the center console and the other end of it plugs into the USB above it to power it. It works perfectly if all your worried about is playing music from your phone that is the best bet. If you want the look of the Touch screen well im in the same boat as you I will be upgrading mine soon.

Do you have a link for this bluetooth aux radio adapter you purchased? Thanks.

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
SummitWhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 06:31 PM   #17
DKSynergy
Kunch

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS L99 Silver Ice Mett
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitWhite11 View Post
Do you have a link for this bluetooth aux radio adapter you purchased? Thanks.
https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-Blueto...e%2C118&sr=1-7
This is the one I got, It works amazingly. It connects as soon as I get in the car and has 0 issues. you just gotta change it from doing call and audio to just audio since the camaros have the bluetooth for calls just no audio.

^^^^ This is my old car, Haven't made new signature pic yet, but Check out its old build thread My Build Thread
DKSynergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 02:40 AM   #18
TheBrightSide

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS coupe (MT)
iMaestro dash kit buttons not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfosceola View Post
Pioneer AVH2550-NEX with the CAM1 Idatalink/Maestro dash conversion
Did you ever have any issue with the lock/unlock button on the head unit not working? I have a Kenwood DMX709S head unit, and the touch screen controls for the heated seats and rear windshield defroster also don't work as well. The key fob lock and unlock buttons (separate) still work.

Also note that the door unlock/lock button on the center of the head unit, seems to only work when the door is opened and it briefly gives power. After the dome light goes off (if set to door open/close), the lock/unlock center console button no longer has power; that is, unless you either turn the key in the ignition, hit the locks on the key fob, or open the door.

I tried checking all the fuses and relays, which are good and mainly in the engine bay fuse box. I even checked the 2nd fuse box that's in the driver side of the dash, on the side of the fan vent; nothing. I didn't bother going to the 3rd fuse "box" located in the trunk, under the carpet and mats, since I think there's nothing related there, not to mention it requires the trunk panels to be removed....

iMaestro dash kit buttons not working
TheBrightSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 05:49 AM   #19
bsn

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Eight post with the exact same question???
Have some restraint.
bsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 07:03 AM   #20
ABM2SS

Drives: 2010 SS M6 ABM
There is a way to stream Bluetooth music just using the factory '20-'13 Radio...

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showt...ight=Bluetooth
Quote:
It's pretty simple. Select AUX on your radio and then press the MENU/SELECT button. It should be pretty self explanatory if you ever synced devices with bluetooth. If not just make sure your Bluetooth on your device is on searching mode and it should find your car instantly then from there you got it.
ABM2SS is offline   Reply With Quote