Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-23-2013, 09:00 PM   #113
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 2 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcieutat View Post
Mine is a garage queen because my wife in kids like to ride comfy in the family Cadillac! I will be the one two years down the road with less than 4,000 miles on it. I bought it because I wanted to give the Camaro a try after owning a few Mustangs.
Enjoy my CAMARO BRO!
Old 08-23-2013, 09:18 PM   #114
bowtiefamily

Drives: Chevrolet
Well between the '11 SS (Wife's car) 3250 miles and mine '13 ZL1 1250 miles (need to get to 1500) they only come out when the weather is good for car shows or cruising. I have had my 69 for 12 years and only put 8k on it. Love driving them but only when it is nice enough.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:18 PM   #115
Ronin_2SS
Loving My LS3

Drives: 2010 Summit white 2SS
Send a message via Yahoo to Ronin_2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I would say the point is why do those who have low miles, garage queens, etc., get called out as if they owe others some explanation for their choice in how they own a car? And are then judged as being smug, rich, and not having worked for or truly earned their money?
That is immature and juvenile...When in fact the GQ owners are not in the least concerned with the status or choice of those who drive the wheels off of theirs....
I think we trying to score at the same goal post. My point is that some people work hard for one car. I get that and respect that. When someone who is financially fortunate comes around and says I do it because I can. How is that not being a jackass? Then makes people who do have more than one car come under fire. You're being too broad in your observation. I have several cars in the garage but I don't lift my nose up to anyone and say I do this because I can. I'm being literal in saying rich smug people I dont respect. Unless you are that type of person I don't understand your issue.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:21 PM   #116

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin_2SS View Post
I think we trying to score at the same goal post. My point is that some people work hard for one car. I get that and respect that. When someone who is financially fortunate comes around and says I do it because I can. How is that not being a jackass? Then makes people who do have more than one car come under fire. You're being too broad in your observation. I have several cars in the garage but I don't lift my nose up to anyone and say I do this because I can. I'm being literal in saying rich smug people I dont respect. Unless you are that type of person I don't understand your issue.
No worries, brother...lol....not rich here, but even if I were it still wouldn't matter to me what anyone thinks about how I own my cars....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:38 PM   #117
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
are all camaros female? are there and garage KINGS? lol
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:43 PM   #118
beany323

Drives: Camaro 2SS /RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
..When in fact the GQ owners are not in the least concerned with the status or choice of those who drive the wheels off of theirs....

this.

if i really cared what you or someone thought then i would give you your opinion

Updated w/ Willow Springs:
1. Nissan GTR Track Pack 1:19.6 2. Ducati 1198 S 1:19.7 3. Nissan GTR 1:20.3 4. Corvette Z06 1:20.4
5. Audi R8 V10 Plus 1:22.0 6. Ferrari 458 Italia 1:22.3
7. CAMARO SS 1LE 1:22.7
8. Shelby GT 500 1:23.5
9. Mustang Gt Track Pack 1:25.8
beany323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:45 PM   #119
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I have told this before, I don't know if in this thread or not but its still worth repeating.

Think of yourself as going through life thinking that oh I can wait until tomorrow to do that. Well guess what, you may not have tomorrow to do it.

I was going through life thinking well next week I will do this, there is no hurry I can enjoy it later. One morning you wake up and notice something is wrong. You go to the doctor and he does some tests. Next thing you know you are diagnosed with Cancer, having surgery and taking Chemo feeling the only way you can ever feel better is to die. You are unable to enjoy everyday life including driving your pride and joy. I was lucky, they caught mine early and underwent a few months of Chemo treatments and two and a half years later I am still Cancer Free. I have learned that anytime anywhere you could lose your ability to drive or enjoy anything you used to enjoy. Now I don't wait for that prefect day, it may not come. Like today it was gloomy and cloudy looking like rain. But I still got the Camaro out, put the top down and made it a great day.
One day you may be me, laying in a hospital bed wondering if you are going to make it and wishing you had not wasted your life waiting for that perfect day to get out and enjoy your car. Everyone feels like they can wait to do things they enjoy. But believe me you just may not get a second chance like I have.
Drive and enjoy your Camaro today for nobody knows if they have tomorrow.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:04 PM   #120
bowtiefamily

Drives: Chevrolet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I have told this before, I don't know if in this thread or not but its still worth repeating.

Think of yourself as going through life thinking that oh I can wait until tomorrow to do that. Well guess what, you may not have tomorrow to do it.

I was going through life thinking well next week I will do this, there is no hurry I can enjoy it later. One morning you wake up and notice something is wrong. You go to the doctor and he does some tests. Next thing you know you are diagnosed with Cancer, having surgery and taking Chemo feeling the only way you can ever feel better is to die. You are unable to enjoy everyday life including driving your pride and joy. I was lucky, they caught mine early and underwent a few months of Chemo treatments and two and a half years later I am still Cancer Free. I have learned that anytime anywhere you could lose your ability to drive or enjoy anything you used to enjoy. Now I don't wait for that prefect day, it may not come. Like today it was gloomy and cloudy looking like rain. But I still got the Camaro out, put the top down and made it a great day.
One day you may be me, laying in a hospital bed wondering if you are going to make it and wishing you had not wasted your life waiting for that perfect day to get out and enjoy your car. Everyone feels like they can wait to do things they enjoy. But believe me you just may not get a second chance like I have.
Drive and enjoy your Camaro today for nobody knows if they have tomorrow.
I agree with you completely. However I enjoy being with my wife and kids more. Because when that day comes I don't want to look back and say I wish I would have spent more time with them and less with my car. We enjoy our cars and the time we have is never taken for granted. Now when my children are grown up I will drive them more.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:08 PM   #121
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
^ this. I don't Drive Ruby as much as I used to; not daily to work anymore like I did for the first 2 years. But I drive another nice car our Crossfire. I do drive Ruby any time I want to, don't worry about the weather, drag race her every chance I get, autocrossed also at the Fest, go on cruises with or without club comrads, to car shows .............................basicly have a blast with her.

My mother truly did not understand my obsession with my Camaro. But as I watched her die after being diagnosed with cancer, she kept telling us "Don't save anything. Use it, enjoy it." And she always said "don't let the wheels roll without you" by which she meant if someone wants to go do something fun.....go!

My husband rarely gets his Camaro out of the garage. I truly don't get it. But it is his car. He does not agree with most of the mods I do to mine & I don't agree with the ones he does to his. I think I am having the most fun, but I can't & won't try to tell him how to enjoy his baby and sure won't let him tell me how to enjoy mine. Live & let live folks.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:10 PM   #122
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtiefamily View Post
I agree with you completely. However I enjoy being with my wife and kids more. Because when that day comes I don't want to look back and say I wish I would have spent more time with them and less with my car. We enjoy our cars and the time we have is never taken for granted. Now when my children are grown up I will drive them more.
My son left home some 12 years ago. My first wife passed away with Cancer in 2006 after fighting it for a year and a half. I had ordered the new Saturn Sky before she was diagnosed. When she was diagnosed I was going to cancel the order but she said no. we took delivery in March 2006, a GM executive that was on the Saturn forum pulled some strings and we got the first one delivered to our dealership. We had big plans for retirement together in that car. guess what? It never happened. She passed away 6 months later, And I ended up selling it because it hurt too much to even look at it any more.

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 08-23-2013 at 10:22 PM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:18 PM   #123
beany323

Drives: Camaro 2SS /RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtiefamily View Post
now that is the forsaken truth. 12 years in the Marines and so many birthdays and holidays missed. Would never give up being a Marine. But on the other side those who serve do so at great expense. /thank you guys and ladies.

/Semper Fi.

Updated w/ Willow Springs:
1. Nissan GTR Track Pack 1:19.6 2. Ducati 1198 S 1:19.7 3. Nissan GTR 1:20.3 4. Corvette Z06 1:20.4
5. Audi R8 V10 Plus 1:22.0 6. Ferrari 458 Italia 1:22.3
7. CAMARO SS 1LE 1:22.7
8. Shelby GT 500 1:23.5
9. Mustang Gt Track Pack 1:25.8
beany323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 05:24 AM   #124
zackex

Drives: 45th Camaro SS
I have my Camaro and motorcycles comfy in my garage/toy box for when I want to play. I drive my Titan pickup to the construction site to work.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:16 AM   #125
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin_2SS
;6935004When someone who is financially fortunate.....

that's a sad mindset too many people are developing. 99% of the people out there have worked hard and sacrificed to get where they are. the people that inherit, or win the lottery to get rich make up less than 1% of that crowd. you kids have stop thinking that just because someone has a lot of money, or more than you, they didn't earn, or work hard for it.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:11 AM   #126
Ronin_2SS
Loving My LS3

Drives: 2010 Summit white 2SS
Send a message via Yahoo to Ronin_2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
that's a sad mindset too many people are developing. 99% of the people out there have worked hard and sacrificed to get where they are. the people that inherit, or win the lottery to get rich make up less than 1% of that crowd. you kids have stop thinking that just because someone has a lot of money, or more than you, they didn't earn, or work hard for it.
You need to read more.

Infact I'll help you. I said this...

"My point is that some people work hard for one car. I get that and respect that. When someone who is financially fortunate comes around and says I do it because I can. How is that not being a jackass?"

Open your eyes you might see the big picture next time.