Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 06-03-2014, 08:26 PM   #1
backtotintops

Drives: 14 Z/28 0#
sound reading on the car?

BTR or anybody that has been to a track have a sound reading on the car?
backtotintops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:31 AM   #2
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Not yet; I've been avoiding Laguna Seca like the plague since they've begun limiting the higher dB days. I'm really not sure if the Z/28 will survive during any of the sub-93 dB days there...
Old 06-07-2014, 09:36 PM   #3
brt3
Runs with scissors...

I'm at Thunderhill and have been talking to the Vette guys. Several of them rig their cars to stay in "2-pipe" mode, which prevents the actuation of the valves that open all four exhaust pipes. Guy with a Z06 w/427 claims it measures 90dB at Laguna Seca, and that he can run there with no issues or mods...
Old 06-07-2014, 09:57 PM   #4
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Where I AutoX they have a 92db level due to some very whiny neighbours and so far I've been safe with my ZL with NPP. But, there is a guy who shows up with a modified race car and he has a slip on 90* elbow so his exhaust is pointing straight down on the road instead of out back and so far the meter hasn't caught him. Might be worth having in your arsenal when racing.

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 10:07 PM   #5
backtotintops

Drives: 14 Z/28 0#
Ran Lime Rock yesterday with its miserable 86db...no problem...well engineered gm!
backtotintops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 10:10 PM   #6
brt3
Runs with scissors...

I get why people are forcing into adding the 90-degree mods, but I have a better idea. Why don't we get large groups of enthusiasts together, in our 100% street legal cars, and drive through the neighborhoods (or up and down the streets where the gated mansions are) so that we can make our point that -- if you don't give us reasonable track access -- we may just be driving around on your track-hating local streets. I'm talking to you, property owners who buy a home close to a track and then attempt to force them out of business...
Old 06-09-2014, 10:11 AM   #7
1977and2010
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 1977 Z28, 2SSRS 2010 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by brt3 View Post
I get why people are forcing into adding the 90-degree mods, but I have a better idea. Why don't we get large groups of enthusiasts together, in our 100% street legal cars, and drive through the neighborhoods (or up and down the streets where the gated mansions are) so that we can make our point that -- if you don't give us reasonable track access -- we may just be driving around on your track-hating local streets. I'm talking to you, property owners who buy a home close to a track and then attempt to force them out of business...
I love that idea
Old 06-09-2014, 12:43 PM   #8
Skylane765

Drives: ZL1-1LE, Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by brt3 View Post
Same ass h',"s try to stop airports also. The airport and the track was there before the homes.
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:51 PM   #9
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1977and2010 View Post
I love that idea
I discussed this at length with the guy who was organizing the Boss 302 group that was running at Thunderhill over the weekend. He seemed jazzed by the idea. If every track event at Laguna Seca could, at some point, have an organizer for these "Drive Bys" -- new name obviously required -- then maybe we could convince some of the "locals" (most of whom moved there over the past ten years) of the wisdom and logic behind tracks and track days.