Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-01-2020, 09:18 AM   #1
J Rod

Drives: '14 BRM 1LE 2SS/RS
Auto-dimming mirrors acting up

Has anyone else had an issue with this feature? I think I had only seen it dim the mirrors maybe once or twice in the last couple years that I've owned the car and now it seems to be doing it all the time, day or night. Nothing has changed, the windows were tinted 2 years ago so that's not the issue. I've looked up ways to disable it but it appears the only options are to replace the mirror with an older model or cover up the sensor with electrical tape. Any better ideas?
LSA Blower w/ 2.45 Griptec, Reinforced Brick, FIC 1000 injectors, JRE FPCM, LFP Dual Pass HX, ZL1 IC pump, RotoFab CAI, Bo White TB, Coated Stainless Power 1-7/8" LTs, NPP, NGK TR7IX, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, AEM X-Series WB, Aeroforce Interceptor, MGW Shifter, Z28 Grill, Gary's Custom ZL1 Rockers, Hero Tails, Tuned by IMC
J Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 09:22 AM   #2
CamaroBarb
Banned

Drives: cheby Camaro
I unplugged mine or if you need onstar you could just disconnect the power to the mirror.
CamaroBarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 09:35 AM   #3
J Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBarb View Post
I unplugged mine or if you need onstar you could just disconnect the power to the mirror.
Does that control the side mirror too?
LSA Blower w/ 2.45 Griptec, Reinforced Brick, FIC 1000 injectors, JRE FPCM, LFP Dual Pass HX, ZL1 IC pump, RotoFab CAI, Bo White TB, Coated Stainless Power 1-7/8" LTs, NPP, NGK TR7IX, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, AEM X-Series WB, Aeroforce Interceptor, MGW Shifter, Z28 Grill, Gary's Custom ZL1 Rockers, Hero Tails, Tuned by IMC
Old 06-01-2020, 09:52 AM   #4
Paul bryan
Account Suspended

Drives: ZL1
@jrod I honestly don’t think it does
Paul bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 11:13 AM   #5
J Rod

Ha! I figured it out. I was back there fiddling with the wires and knocked my dashcam off the windshield which caused the tint on the mirror to disappear. I had forgotten that it also fell a couple weeks ago when I was cleaning my windshield, apparently I didn't put it back in the original location so it was blocking the sensor in the back of the mirror. Doh! Glad it was something easy.