Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-18-2021, 09:47 AM   #1
SS97N1

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 2SS
Arrow Stabilitrak issues, after 3:91 Ring and Pinion

Hello all,
newbee here to the forum. seeking assistance her in Palm Beach FL with my 2011 L99 Maro. I had 3:91 gears installed in June. Drove it home nice and easy, dash lit up like a Christmas tree half way home (expected). Waited for 3 weeks for an appointment with tuner to recalibrate the speedo and update the gears in the tune. drove it moderately during that time to rack up some miles before changing the rear diff fluid. Tuner tried and tried to shut the lights off on the dash, and research led us to believe it was a wheel speed sensor that got pinched during install of R&P. (this is common I heard). Ok, so different shop inspects it and sees that the rear passenger speed sensor is damaged and so is the backside of the hub and blue washer that goes over the axle. Order new parts. Install sensor and hub assembly, and lights are gone, dash looks great. Driving home yesterday after picking it up I give it a little more acceleration then moderate to enjoy the gear mod. All hell breaks loose, and the car didnt shift properly with paddle shifters, and in sport mode under acceleration, it practically down shifted into 1st on its own, and threw me foward quite a bit. Felt like I hurt the car it was so jarring. anyways, so the stabilitrak lit up and all the lights are back on the dash again. Need some guidance here, anyone seen this issue ? Is it gearing issue? Speed sensor issue? tuner said I did not have to have it flashed once speed sensor issue was fixed. Maybe I did have to tell the car hey you have different gearing now. any help would be appreciated. thanks.
SS97N1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 04:19 PM   #2
gsxrturbo

Drives: 2010 ss
did you change tire height?
gsxrturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 05:57 PM   #3
Car Nation Videos
YouTube-Car Nation Videos

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro
When all my lights come on I always replace my battery and it fixed the issue.
Car Nation Videos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 09:46 AM   #4
SS97N1

Never changed the tire height. My research is telling me low voltage is possible and to change the battery. Just odd Stabilitrak popped up after gear change. I dont understand. will look into battery swap and post. Thank you.
Old 08-19-2021, 02:09 PM   #5
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
As stated above, check your battery and ALT, when these batteries get low and go bad they can cause all sorts of issues, lights and funky operation of the car in general. If you didn't do any tire changes, and had the tune adjusted with all the new parts, you should have been alright.
Old 08-24-2021, 05:44 PM   #6
SS97N1

Sorry for the prolonged update. If any one is interested to know it was a bad wheel speed sensor. been replaced, seems to be all good now. just putting a few more miles on it before I change the rear gear Diff fluid. then the fun begins.