Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-21-2019, 07:34 PM   #15
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
had problems with the TPMS for about 6 months until the dealer finally fixed it under warranty.never lost power or had any other issues.dont forget that you are reading an enthusiast forum,and for every car with glitches there are probably 100 that run over 100,000 miles with only minor service work like oil changes anf brake pad replacement.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 12:13 AM   #16
qkslvr

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS M6 NON RS
LMAO! ! ! WHO CARES... Granted I do have On Star active on my 18 Sierra ( only for the auto start on phone feature).

I have never heard of a TPMS causing reduced power???? had a dead sensor for over a year and never had a problem.
2016 Streetglide (Crushed Ice Pearl)
2018 Indian Scout (Bronze Smoke)
qkslvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 02:23 AM   #17
fly2hip8

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
So, I will no longer be able start my car with the app? I park so far away from my job so that is the only way I can remote start the car. Also, I can't talk on my phone through my car making it hands free? I could careless about the navigation as I have built in navigation.
fly2hip8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 07:51 AM   #18
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
How does one remove the OnStar stuff? That would be some very beneficial weight reduction
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 08:31 AM   #19
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS View Post
How does one remove the OnStar stuff? That would be some very beneficial weight reduction
You’re talking ounces lol

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 10:06 AM   #20
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 152LTRockin View Post

ps If I could talk my wife into selling this Camaro it would be gone so fast its tails lights would spin. I only owned it a month and I read enough BS about it and its systems to make me cringe. If the tire pressure sensors read wrong the car fgoes into reduced power mode is what I read. Well if this Camaro EVER does anything even remoting stupid as I that bought it for my wife. It will be sitting at nearest used car lot that has a 90's clunker for sale!
Completely and utterly untrue. I've literally had a bad TPMS sensor in my car for the past 4 years (I replaced 1 that went bad and then another died like a week later), and other than annoying message on the dash every time I start it, and the warning light illuminated, it does not change a thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly2hip8 View Post
So, I will no longer be able start my car with the app? I park so far away from my job so that is the only way I can remote start the car. Also, I can't talk on my phone through my car making it hands free? I could careless about the navigation as I have built in navigation.
Onstar has nothing to do with your bluetooth to phone connection, that will work. Onstar itself has its own built in "phone" module, and every car has a phone number assigned to it, you can literally buy a phone plan for your car, although I doubt anyone ever actually uses that feature. But they always try to sell you like 30 prepaid minutes when you're on the phone with them "in case of emergency". I will say its MUCH more powerful than your handheld phone (3 watt antenna), so the advantage is you'd have service in the middle of nowhere, where your cell wouldn't work. They used to be partnered with Verizon where you could link it to your Verizon cell account and have it just work at no cost, but that ended many years ago.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 03:33 PM   #21
152LTRockin
Account Suspended

Drives: 15 2lt RS Top Gun Camaro
onstar ate my lunch!
152LTRockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 03:40 PM   #22
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
You’re talking ounces lol
True but I want it outta my car lol willing to do the work
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 04:05 PM   #23
152LTRockin
Account Suspended

Drives: 15 2lt RS Top Gun Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFred View Post

Hmm, I drove all last summer with a bad TPMS. Many have gone without any on race tires and such.

Only the wheel speed sensors affect the ABS, TC, and ST.
BTW, more than a few have ditched the ONSTAR box. Car runs fine.
Great to know, I guess what I read was wrong then. Good to know, I think this REDUCED POWER MODE is a complete
brain squeeze. Honestly there is no good reason for it. I'm sure it was on this site I read someone got stuck because of the tire readings. If I find it again I'll post it up.

The onstar thing is just in another PITA if you ask me. I truly had no idea what it could see and do. If I had known I'd be driving a non GM product or actually I would kept the TA and had a engine put in it.

This happened about a month ago. Friend of mines father in law bought a new revolver and on the way home he stopped at state game lands to fire it. Well it wasn't a target range per say but it was legal to shoot there. He has a concealed permit. Someone driving by called the state popo and reported a shooter and gave his license plate number. the state police punched in his plate number and when it came up as a GM vehicle they tracked him down in a few mins with you guessed it onstar. 5 police cars converged on the son in laws place where the truck was parked within a few mins. They rasied a lot BS for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. He did nothing wrong and wasn't charged.

Now if this is what you all want in your lives good for you. I'm glad its gone out of my vehicle. If the car would have refused to run without it the car would have gotten traded in a heart beat. I have very little tolerance for the kind of BS devices like onstar could generate. Can you imagine the consequences?

I'm sure you all read my experience with it where she called the state police because I cleaned the MIRROR. State police came here in a few mins and BLOCKED THE CAR IN THE DRIVEWAY! Asking where I got this car! Then was told NOT TO TOUCH THAT BUTTON AGAIN!

This is America isn't it? I could still kick myself in the butt for ever buying this nightmare of unnecessary electronics and conformity.
152LTRockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 04:48 PM   #24
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Personally I'm just glad my car had bluetooth in it as it was an option on 2010 models. I couldn't care less about OnStar other than it has the bluetooth module in it. I pushed the blue button once because they were talking about free stuff, but when they told me I had to have a CC on file I told them I wasn't interested in their "free" stuff. I haven't pushed the button since.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote