Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-28-2020, 12:26 PM   #57
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Yea hey guys. here I thought I was getting somewhere, finally only to have the "rug" pulled out from under me. So tired of being told something and not getting there. He made 4 pulls on the dyno to get to this last one, 6500...7000...7200 then out to 7500. When I saw the sheet I asked about the drop and spike and that is when he said he hit the limiter and went past it. I should have asked him to do another pull, but just took his word for it with the numbers. I know the numbers don't mean anything really, but would have liked to have some data that was consistent and true, but oh once again Chris, you may be right. Gotta say though I'm tired of this shit and am thinking of shipping her up to GPI and let them "do it right"! And maybe add some heads to it. T this point I'm over it, disappointed again that I couldn't give you guys any good data. Feel kind stupid posting stuff, and it isn't correct.. Kinda makes me not want to drive the car anymore, just look at it!! lol...Cheers all...
Old 04-28-2020, 12:30 PM   #58
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
Yea hey guys. here I thought I was getting somewhere, finally only to have the "rug" pulled out from under me. So tired of being told something and not getting there. He made 4 pulls on the dyno to get to this last one, 6500...7000...7200 then out to 7500. When I saw the sheet I asked about the drop and spike and that is when he said he hit the limiter and went past it. I should have asked him to do another pull, but just took his word for it with the numbers. I know the numbers don't mean anything really, but would have liked to have some data that was consistent and true, but oh once again Chris, you may be right. Gotta say though I'm tired of this shit and am thinking of shipping her up to GPI and let them "do it right"! And maybe add some heads to it. T this point I'm over it, disappointed again that I couldn't give you guys any good data. Feel kind stupid posting stuff, and it isn't correct.. Kinda makes me not want to drive the car anymore, just look at it!! lol...Cheers all...
Hey - like I said, if it's driving better and puts a smile on your face, call it a win. Maybe not the ultimate end goal win, but are you really gonna let a bunch of internet warriors ruin your enjoyment of your car? I hope not. When I started modding my car years ago I thought I was gonna go out and be a stick shift hero and bust into the tens all motor. That's still something I'd like to do, but it doesn't hurt my enjoyment of the car that I haven't made it there yet. There is always gonna be somebody faster, better dyno numbers, quicker lap time, you name it. I love competition, but some times you gotta just enjoy the ride.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 01:13 PM   #59
RobZL1
fo'shizZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
I'll be honest, this looks like 355wtq@5600 and 440whp@7400 when you strip away the erroneous data points. I wouldn't get lost in the numbers, I'm glad it's running more to your liking and putting a smile on your face - that's what's important.
I agree 100%. There's no way I would have ever sent a customer out the door with a work-product like this. "Here you go! Here's your dyno chart that looks really horrible; you can pay at the front desk!" Good grief.

OP, I'm glad the car feels right to you, though!

Past Rides-
2014 ZL1 M6 Red Hot | Tons of mods
2004 CTS-V M6 Silver | Many mods
1995 Corvette M6 Torch Red | A few more mods
1992 Camaro M5 White | A few mods
RobZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 01:21 PM   #60
zz430camaro

Drives: 2015 1LE
Its ridiculous they did that to you, that dyno pull is wacked from start to finish. I'd take it back and say do it right or give me my money back. 486 ft lbs at 2400 rpm, wtf. And the end is a wreck too, you cant rely on any data from that at all.

There has to be a good tuner in Florida for you to go to.

Dont feel bad, its not your fault.
Old 04-28-2020, 02:31 PM   #61
1JEWLDSSRS

Yea I hear ya guys, at least he got 1 thing right that was messd up from the previous tuner, I don't have the CEL anymore for the evap system code!! lol. The car is fun to drive for sure and I would NEVER just stand and look at her. I was just expressing my dismay with the entire thing. In what you all said about the data and the run, now I'm even second guessing his tune whether it is good or not. I don't know of any other shops around within 200 miles that does dyno tunes and is good with the LS engines, the only ones I know of are down in south Fl in the area I had the first one done. But anyway I will enjoy what I have for now. Deffenatly different than it was for sure...
Old 04-28-2020, 03:05 PM   #62
Black_SS10
SomeguyK

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
Where in south FL did you go???? I know a few reputable shops in that area I could recommend.
TMS 427, Dart iron Block, Forged assembly, Frankenstien heads, AGP TT 62/62 BB turbo's, AGP/Fore triple fuel system, Tilton clutch, Holley 1 7/8 shorties, Technostalgia tail lights,Oracle, Aeroforce, MGW shifter,Flowmaster, Pegasus subframe bushings,BMR trailing & toe arms,Z28 UCA bushings,Zl1 rear sway bar,Prothane,BMR,Goodridge brake lines,Ridetech HQ coilovers,3.91,Trutrac,billet caps,DSS axles,HE offest,built TR6060,1LE diffuser,Havoc spoiler,SSclones,20in MRR 017, Pirelli P Zero, Nitto NT555RII

More to come.

Last edited by Black_SS10; 04-28-2020 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Spelling corrections
Black_SS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 03:05 PM   #63
Clarkstar

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Don't get too down... if it runs good, that's most important. But the way I look at it that's only half. The other half is the dyno sheet... that's why we pay extra money is for the dyno sheet right???
2013 1le- Katech 416 short block, TSP custom grind cam, LOD intake, cnc heads by F.ED., Nick William's 102mm T.B., CORN fed, Pedders coilovers. Performance street alingnment by Justin at Lake Country Alignment and dyno tune by Late Model Throttle.

603 h.p. 495 ft lbs tq.
Clarkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 03:06 PM   #64
Bigdumogre

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Still got one of the nicest cats on this forum imo and it’s fun to drive! Enjoy the ride
I had my car out last night and even though I’m dreaming of doing heads and cam one day and feel like my cat is slow till I get it done but last night I could not even hook from a slow roll. Was just out cruising and getting up on her and was going sideways on every roll launch not hooking for anything and was a blast to drive.
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - CSP Custom Cam 232/240 .615/.615 113 +3, Texas speed CNC heads, FTI billet triple disc converter, K&N cai, Katech ported TB, GPI Ported/rod modded manifold, Texas speed 1 7/8 headers, HFC, Flowmaster 2 chambers with x pipe, Mishimoto CC, MSD wires, Roto fab washer relocation, tru cool 40k trans cooler, apex scoop, Pedders extreme coil overs and much more!!
Bigdumogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 03:44 PM   #65
zz430camaro

To me the dyno sheet is important because it gives a clue as to if it is tuned properly and you are getting all that it has. If a guy cant run the dyno right and gives you a dyno sheet that looks all f'd up then he probably does not know how to tune either. Maybe it feels OK now but maybe it could feel a lot better.

One important thing also is to have someone that knows how to tune the trans also on an automatic.
Old 04-28-2020, 05:40 PM   #66
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_SS10 View Post
Where in south FL did you go???? I know a few reputable shops in that area I could recommend.
I originally had her tuned at Lashway in Ft Lauderdale, not too sure of anyone else down there except Redline, and they are farther. I was hoping that this guy here locally was my answer to not have to drive 2.5 hrs one way for a tune. But guess not. And thanks all you "internet warriors" like cammer said for helping a guy pick him self back up when he fell down. This is why you guys rock!! And I like this forum. Now I just gotta get her sorted out again.
Old 04-28-2020, 05:46 PM   #67
zz430camaro

Quote:
I originally had her tuned at Lashway in Ft Lauderdale, not too sure of anyone else down there except Redline, and they are farther. I was hoping that this guy here locally was my answer to not have to drive 2.5 hrs one way for a tune. But guess not. And thanks all you "internet warriors" like cammer said for helping a guy pick him self back up when he fell down. This is why you guys rock!! And I like this forum. Now I just gotta get her sorted out again.
Hey, in the end of the day we are just here to help each other and learn from peoples experiences. I wish I could go there and punch that guy in the face LOL.
Old 04-28-2020, 06:50 PM   #68
Roader

Drives: Camaro
Howard ar redline has a good reputation. I’ve never heard of hartline before but I never lived in your part of the woods. Lashway I’ve heard both sides and was a club sponsor at one time (so was redline)

Bottom line is the Dyno is just a number. This intake is going to make numbers close to what was posted earlier. If you are chasing big numbers you’re going to have to throw a lot more money at it to make the intake perform. If you want it to look good and it drives fine with no care about track times then enjoy as it is. As long as your happy is all that matters in the end. My car is barely breaking 400 tq across the rpm range with a short runner so I feel your pain
Roader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 07:22 PM   #69
1JEWLDSSRS

Yea thanks guys. I'm not chasing a big number, just want a proper tune with what I have and a respectable number. Thought I was going to get that because I was told by several people this guy "knew what he was doing". So as it is right now I'm not happy with his trans tune, sure it "hits hard" down low like he said it will, but in the drivability aspect he has the converter setup unlocked in 1-4 gear in manual mode, and also drive and sport.It only locks when you are in D or Sport @ 55mph. When the trans got warm driving around town I used to down shift to 4th gear when cruising at 35- 45 and it would lock and after a while cruising the temps would come way down, now they don't and it concerns me because now around town a little spirited driving it will get to around 205-208 on the trans temp and I can't get them to come down because it doesn't lock it is still slipping, the other day it went up to 213, I really didn't like that. Heck the tune I had previously the trans ran great! I'm seriously thinking about going back down to the previous tuner and have him re tune it, just ask him to take it out to 7500 this time, not only to just 6800 where he stopped the pull even thought she was still making power. Oh well, guess I'm back at square 1 again. So I guess I need to decide what's next. Thanks guys for all your support, I appreciate it much.
Old 04-28-2020, 07:26 PM   #70
Roader

Drives: Camaro
Best thing I added was a TruCool 40k trans cooler. Stays around 180 in both Florida and Texas summer heat. Not sure if you have a trans cooler now or not
Roader is offline   Reply With Quote