Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-30-2009, 10:02 AM   #43
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Drives: 2005 GTO,2006 M6, 2007 300 Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by camero View Post
This thread really shows how conflicted people are about capitalism. Some dealer makes an extra profit on a hot product and everyone calls for the government to help them enforce price-fixing. Geez. People that say they "had a deal" to buy at MSRP need to hear the basic theory of contract law: all contracts can be broken. You really don't want the government or GM to jump in and make sure they can't unless you're willing to let the govt tell you what to do with your business dealings. And dealers of all brands add markups on hot products.

Sure, nobody wants to pay extra but you have to think about the implications of what you're saying. Using the word "greed" is really deceptive. Capitalism is based on maximizing profits, not your idea of reasonable profits. Or the governments idea of reasonable profits. Or GM's idea of reasonable profits. I'm not defending dealers or GM, I'm defending the free market system. Do you want a free market or don't you.
thank you and well said thats what I have been trying to say to those guys. They want help when its something they want and it benefits them but let government tell them to do something they don't won't to do and they will be rising hell.

It's as simple as this know who you are getting into bed with before you do so. It's not like these dealers are just blindsiding these people I'm pretty sure the warning signs are there. You can't tell me that out of the blue you get hit with this info esp when most once a day bug their dealers on a daily.

They have the right to charge what they want and you/we have the right not to pay it. Simple as that. Try running a business yourself and then you will understand.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:03 AM   #44
AMERICANMADE

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Economics 101 whether you like it or not. The closing of many dealers has already allowed elevated price tags in some places. Take away the compitition - pay what ever the surviving dealer wants to risk charging. They will either survive, or go down with the ship too when buyers wise up and they are left hanging with those units in their floor plan.
AMERICANMADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:10 AM   #45
mikenmar

Drives: Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
If written in the bankruptcy terms was the ability for the Government to shed all past, current and future blame on accidents caused by GM vehicle failure.... What makes you think the Government has to follow franchise laws anymore which allow the dealers to screw with customers and "old GM" has to look the other way?
You're talking about two totally different things -- apples and oranges. What makes you thing one follows from the other? There are many reasons why it doesn't.

For one, when GM went into bankruptcy, all claims by creditors came under the jurisdiction of the bankruptcy court. The court was entitled to dispose of those claims under federal bankruptcy law.

The bankruptcy court can NOT somehow tell GM it is now exempt from all state laws (e.g. franchise laws). It simply doesn't have the power to do that.
mikenmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:21 AM   #46
Aversion

Drives: 06 Acura Tl 07 Toyota FJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenmar View Post
You're talking about two totally different things -- apples and oranges. What makes you thing one follows from the other? There are many reasons why it doesn't.

For one, when GM went into bankruptcy, all claims by creditors came under the jurisdiction of the bankruptcy court. The court was entitled to dispose of those claims under federal bankruptcy law.

The bankruptcy court can NOT somehow tell GM it is now exempt from all state laws (e.g. franchise laws). It simply doesn't have the power to do that.

This!!!
Aversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:23 AM   #47
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by camero View Post
This thread really shows how conflicted people are about capitalism. Some dealer makes an extra profit on a hot product and everyone calls for the government to help them enforce price-fixing. Geez. People that say they "had a deal" to buy at MSRP need to hear the basic theory of contract law: all contracts can be broken. You really don't want the government or GM to jump in and make sure they can't unless you're willing to let the govt tell you what to do with your business dealings. And dealers of all brands add markups on hot products.

Sure, nobody wants to pay extra but you have to think about the implications of what you're saying. Using the word "greed" is really deceptive. Capitalism is based on maximizing profits, not your idea of reasonable profits. Or the governments idea of reasonable profits. Or GM's idea of reasonable profits. I'm not defending dealers or GM, I'm defending the free market system. Do you want a free market or don't you.

BRAVO!!!! I hate it when a dealer Marks up a car... As was discussed a few days ago when I passed on a CGM car on the lot a few days ago. But I respect their right to charge whatever they want.

I just won't pay over MSRP so I will have to wait.

Now, having said that. This is a completely different issue than dealers marking up price protected R6P cars. IMO that deserves a
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:03 AM   #48
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
WHAT IS THIS MARK UP EVERYONE IS TALKING ABOUT?????
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote