Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-28-2009, 12:32 PM   #29
leviticus88
Camaro Owner Soon!

Drives: Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC S2 GMPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAF View Post
OK I have the mini van I have the Truck and others cars, but I'm also lucky to have a 5,9 and 10 kids not big and some times I want to take for a ride on the toy car. Don't need the other car suggestions or smart remarks. I see the back bench has a 4 child hook pins I'm just wandering is anyone has seen a middle seat buckle that has two clip on hooks at two ends and a buckle in the middle to temporally hook up to the two middle child pins witch are already there and should be set to specs, if not the wouldn't be marked for child seat hooks and was not intending to bolt a totally new belt just link two child pin hooks. It's better than not wearing a belt at all, its not permanent I know the kids will soon not fit and the idea is to be unclipped when not in use and store in the trunk.
some times this forum is full of smart mouths, I just wanted a locating item question not smart ass remarks.If you don't know don't suggest.Keep it to your self.
Im not sorry at all for having a "Smart Remark" and won't appoligize for it!

This is dangerous and even more so when we are talking about your kids!
The "middle child pins" are not designed to replace a seat belt, you still use the seat belt when you use these pins also (In car seat applications).
I have taken apart the back seat of my cobalt and the pins are no where near the same type of mount as is the seat belt mounts!

Stop getting defensive and listen to what we are saying. You have a family and it's not worth even having a camaro if it means you put one or more of your children at risk. No one is making a harness like you are talking about because it's illegal and very unsafe. Period.

You asked a question, we gave answers. I couldn't sleep at night knowing I didn't express my opinion of how unsafe your idea is. What if you get in a wreck, we would all here about it on this forum.

I'd suggest considering taking two cars if your going somewhere in the camaro or getting a 5 seat (Fun, quick, good looking) car.
leviticus88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:31 PM   #30
mikenmar

Drives: Camaro 1LT
Maybe you can find some ideas on this site:

mikenmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:49 PM   #31
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Thumbs down

PLEASE DON'T DO IT!
All it will take is someone's split second mistake resulting in an accident that'll mean a family's lifetime of emotional and physical pain. To say nothing of the lawsuits from everyone involved. The car was not intended to carry three back seat passengers. SO PLEASE DON'T DO IT!

Mine at sunset

Last edited by KJS; 07-02-2009 at 06:23 AM.
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:49 AM   #32
Bad2DBone

Drives: black chevy suburban2LT
Seriously speaking....if anyone finds a safe solution to add a seatbelt system to secure a booster chair, that type of information would be greatly appreciated.....and no I dont want a minivan,,,,,I already own the suburban. Tnx.
Bad2DBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:56 AM   #33
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
I can get you a really nice stryker blue G8 GXP for 22K
Old 11-03-2009, 03:23 AM   #34
wawuzit

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Wink I disagree

Thanks for trying to figure out someway to protect your child. Take it to the dealer and ask if GM has addressed this question. They might be able to help. If they can't help.email GM for customer service help. Don't give up. Be smart..there's plenty of time to be dumb.

I hate wearing seat belts ,but they are life savers. If your kid gets hurt it won't matter if it's in a nice car like we own or a junker. You'll be sorry forever. Thanks for posting this question.
wawuzit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 06:25 AM   #35
wrek
2G1FK1EJ6-9

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS Transformer
Just put the least favorite kid on the hump in back with no belt.

omg, I know.. I know...
2SS/RS Transformers Special Edition: Quick Time Performance Electric Cutouts, Custom Exterior Sound Effects (Transforming) by remote or button, Yellow autobot on windshield, Darkened tail and marker lights, Yellow fogs and signals (more yellow for signals), Dash Ambient Lighting, Black Painted Suitcase Mufflers, Autobot bowties and steering wheel, yellow leather stitching, yellow SS symbol on headrests, blacked out back trunk lid, blacked out brake light trim.
Pics of my 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
wrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 06:31 AM   #36
Scrapppy666

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black/Black
In all seriousness, this is a mod that should never be done.. if you absolutely have to get around, sell one of the kids first Megans law website will give you a list of bidders in your area

Pittsburgh Automotive Photography
Black on Black 2SS/RS w/ white stripes Dynomax 3" Bullet Catback, CAI Cold Air Intake
Scrapppy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 06:45 AM   #37
wrek
2G1FK1EJ6-9

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS Transformer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapppy666 View Post
In all seriousness, this is a mod that should never be done.. if you absolutely have to get around, sell one of the kids first Megans law website will give you a list of bidders in your area
You can sell kids? I'm ON IT!
2SS/RS Transformers Special Edition: Quick Time Performance Electric Cutouts, Custom Exterior Sound Effects (Transforming) by remote or button, Yellow autobot on windshield, Darkened tail and marker lights, Yellow fogs and signals (more yellow for signals), Dash Ambient Lighting, Black Painted Suitcase Mufflers, Autobot bowties and steering wheel, yellow leather stitching, yellow SS symbol on headrests, blacked out back trunk lid, blacked out brake light trim.
Pics of my 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
wrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 06:45 AM   #38
infernoinandout

Drives: 2010 camaross/rs
2nd car

this is why this car is a second car or third for most families anybody that buys it as a daily driver with three kids didn't think it through. I also have three kids and would never put three in the back. Thats why we have a mini van and a four door pickup (soccer cars), the camaro is a get away from the kids car. Daddy is going to the store alone (at about 100mph) but if kids go its get in the truck at 55.
Your seat belt idea sounds like larry the cable guy is related some how.
infernoinandout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 06:52 AM   #39
tradosaurus
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 F150 Lariat, Candy Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAF View Post
OK I have the mini van I have the Truck and others cars, but I'm also lucky to have a 5,9 and 10 kids not big and some times I want to take for a ride on the toy car. Don't need the other car suggestions or smart remarks. I see the back bench has a 4 child hook pins I'm just wandering is anyone has seen a middle seat buckle that has two clip on hooks at two ends and a buckle in the middle to temporally hook up to the two middle child pins witch are already there and should be set to specs, if not the wouldn't be marked for child seat hooks and was not intending to bolt a totally new belt just link two child pin hooks. It's better than not wearing a belt at all, its not permanent I know the kids will soon not fit and the idea is to be unclipped when not in use and store in the trunk.
some times this forum is full of smart mouths, I just wanted a locating item question not smart ass remarks.If you don't know don't suggest.Keep it to your self.
I believe the general consensus is that your idea of wanting to add a seatbelt is dangerous and a lack of common sense. You are putting your kids safety at risk.

If you really have to haul more than 4 people in the Camaro then get a minivan for the sake of your children.
tradosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 06:59 AM   #40
MacTruck

Drives: Camaro RS
LOL. I went through the same thing. I have 3 kids. Solution? Bought my wife a KIA Sedona Mini Van. After rebates I got it new for $19K. Not bad seeing as how the sticker was $26K.

I tried getting the car seat from my acura into the camaro when I bought it. What a pain in the rear.
MacTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:12 AM   #41
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
I know you may be upset at how people are reacting to you're question but the reason they act this way is because we can a lot about the members of the Camaro5 community. If you asked a question about putting 30lbs of boost into a stock camaro we would tell you it would blow your motor to pieces and that it's a bad idea to protect you from finding out the hard way. In this case it's not about warranty it's a life at stake. You could make a seat belt and take a chance with it and feel better because something is better than nothing right? Well it may make you feel better but if it would work GM would have put it in there stock. the fact is it is not designed for 3 rear passengers and as your Camaro5 friends we are protecting you from a potentially bad mistake. If your friend was very drunk and wanted to drive home he might make it ok, you might be able to tell him to stay a while and sober up or stay the night, some of us would rather knock him out and deal with it in the morning. At least that way he's alive the next day and if he's pissed oh well he's still alive.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:42 AM   #42
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Good thing I purchased the new Malibu a few months ago and the Suburban back in 08