Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-02-2009, 09:00 PM   #15
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
My dealer and the one my friend works at has a 3 day 100 mile return policy on any new car, no questions asked...was on the paperwork I signed.

I did not see the IOM color before I ordered nor did I drive the Camaro. Needless to say, my 2SS/RS lived beyond expectation. Coming from a former 96, 98 and 02 WS6 owner, the Camaro blows those out of the water in every aspect.

What dealer you buying from? Go to their website and look around..most all have a section that has a satisfaction area...

http://www.garberchevrolet.com/buyit_loveit.htm
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:03 PM   #16
mikenmar

Drives: Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Has anyone here heard of one person who bought the car before the ability to test drive one and did not like it? I haven't.
There's at least one person here who found out the car didn't have as much power as he expected, ended up returning it to the dealer (after having bought it), and eating the sales tax. It could have cost him more than the sales tax.

I don't know if he test drove it or not, but I bet he wishes he'd discovered the problem before taking ownership of the vehicle.
mikenmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:05 PM   #17
Ghans64

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro SS RS
Send a message via AIM to Ghans64
I thought about Avis but they all have at least a month wait before a Camaro will become open in Florida and I will have my car by then. None of the local dealers have cars and I have not found someone who will let me drive their 2SS. I am getting a manual and I want to make sure that I like the way it shifts because my S2000 I don't like and I didn't do my test drive homework before buying....don't want to make that mistake again.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:06 PM   #18
mikenmar

Ask the salesman why it's necessary to fill out the paperwork if he's going to "rip it up" later.

What's the point of filling out the paperwork if it isn't going to mean anything?
Old 07-02-2009, 09:15 PM   #19
Ghans64

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro SS RS
Send a message via AIM to Ghans64
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenmar View Post
Ask the salesman why it's necessary to fill out the paperwork if he's going to "rip it up" later.

What's the point of filling out the paperwork if it isn't going to mean anything?
Yeah I was thinking that too but I wanted to see if other dealerships were doing this too because of all the excitement over the Camaro.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:16 PM   #20
wjones14

Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Competition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Has anyone here heard of one person who bought the car before the ability to test drive one and did not like it? I haven't.
You never know. A lot of magazine testers have driven the car and found plenty of things they didn't like.

In 2004 I had my heart set on a BMW 330Ci for about a year. I researched the car like crazy, read every review I could get my hands on, lurked and posted on the BMW forums, etc. I was positive that I would love the car. But before I plunked my $30K down on a pre-owned model, I was determined to drive one first, just to make sure it was truly my dream car.

When I finally drove one, within a couple minutes I knew it was not my dream car. It was the most nimble and precise car I had ever driven, but it lacked the V8 torque I had been used to all my life, and that was a deal-breaker.

I tend to keep cars about 5 years or so on average, and there's no way I'm buying one without driving it first. That's too long to live with a car I don't love. Sorry.
Previous: 2018 Summit White 2SS 1LE; 2015 MINI Cooper F56 6MT; 2015 BMW M235i 6MT; 2003 MINI 5MT; 2005 Mustang GT 5MT
wjones14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:23 PM   #21
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
If you sign all the paperwork you have bought the car... period.

If you drive it and don't like it the dealer does not have to rip up the paperwork if he doesn't want to.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:25 PM   #22
camaromaniac

Drives: 69 ss396 camaro
The day after I got my vin number, went to the dealership and paid for my car. I have waited for 3 years for this car, no doubt in my mind it was going home with me. Just waiting to take some pics with my 2 other Camaros and will post them. If you are a Camaro lover you will be thrilled with this car. GM has done a great job in my opinion.
camaromaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:27 PM   #23
Wareal

Drives: 911
test driving

If you drive off the lot after doing the paperwork, you are an owner, period. Legally speaking, ownership does not occur until you drive off the lot.

The dealership should perform due diligence by determining your credit worthiness to buy the car. A "credit hit" if you want to call it that, is inconsequential. Test drive it before hand.
Wareal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:52 PM   #24
Restroom
Screw it; buying a Vette

Drives: '08 Corvette C6 Coupe (A6)
Who asks for a deposit just to put an order in?
Since when is that greaseball typing an order into Workbench worth a dime? He can't even promise you the car will ever get made. Tell him you're going to another dealer who doesn't think you're a sucker.
Restroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:18 PM   #25
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Call me a dumbass but I basically ordered my Camaro from a picture, I had never even seen one in real life. I ordered mine back in January so there were none on the lot to test drive. I asked the dealer if I could test drive one when they got some in, he told me that everyone that was coming in except a V6 they were going to use as a demo was already sold. If the owner was OK with me test driving it they certainly didn't have a problem. When the V6 came in to the dealership they called to tell me to come on over to test drive it. I wasn't really thrilled about test driving a V6 but it was the only choice I had. By the time I got to the dealer the following day the car had already been sold.

I wasn't going to ask someone if I could test drive their car before they had a chance to put any miles on it.

Hylton- If you ordered a Camaro prior to May, how could you test drive one when there were none to test drive?

Someone can correct me if I am wrong but anyone that ordered their car prior to May HAD to have ordered it without a test drive.

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:27 PM   #26
mikenmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Hunsaker View Post
C
Someone can correct me if I am wrong but anyone that ordered their car prior to May HAD to have ordered it without a test drive.

Russ
There's a difference between ordering it, and paying for it in full.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:36 PM   #27
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Hunsaker View Post
Hylton- If you ordered a Camaro prior to May, how could you test drive one when there were none to test drive?

Russ
That's my point - I bought last October. He has every right to not sign anything before a test drive but dealer has every right to pre-sell the allocation as soon as he knows he has one coming in. It will be a while before an SS will be sitting on a lot without a buyer.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:38 PM   #28
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
There are a few SS sitting on lots..the dealers are asking wayyyy over msrp for them..lol they are posted on the forum
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote