Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-27-2013, 10:02 PM   #1
K32 Camaro
V8 lounge member #5

Drives: 12 2SS Synergy Camaro, 05 PontiacG6
Potential Upgrade

I got an interesting call recently. A local guy I know wants to buy my L99. I need help making the decision.

If he bought it what would be a reasonable price for it? I would keep the fuel lines, harness, oil pan, and accessories.

The money would go towards a new motor, probably an l99 built and forged with the VVT ss3 cam. I would keep it on 93 oct + meth. I want to still be able to daily drive this car.. not b/c I have to, I just like to. I have a vortech ysi attached currently and I would pulley down on the new motor putting me around 850whp. Stuck at around 600whp on the current one without a new cam.

Now all that said, if I kept my l99, I would add meth and a high stall then pulley down a lil past where I should and run like that til it poped a piston. Then forge and cam it myself.

Opinions?
K32 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:11 PM   #2
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by K32 Camaro View Post
I got an interesting call recently. A local guy I know wants to buy my L99. I need help making the decision.

If he bought it what would be a reasonable price for it? I would keep the fuel lines, harness, oil pan, and accessories.

The money would go towards a new motor, probably an l99 built and forged with the VVT ss3 cam. I would keep it on 93 oct + meth. I want to still be able to daily drive this car.. not b/c I have to, I just like to. I have a vortech ysi attached currently and I would pulley down on the new motor putting me around 850whp. Stuck at around 600whp on the current one without a new cam.

Now all that said, if I kept my l99, I would add meth and a high stall then pulley down a lil past where I should and run like that til it poped a piston. Then forge and cam it myself.

Opinions?
If you Plan on popping it then I would sell it and use the money towards the new build. You may even come out ahead, not at the end but in upgrades saving yourself a few hundred bucks in the process.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:41 AM   #3
K32 Camaro
V8 lounge member #5

Drives: 12 2SS Synergy Camaro, 05 PontiacG6
Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post
If you Plan on popping it then I would sell it and use the money towards the new build. You may even come out ahead, not at the end but in upgrades saving yourself a few hundred bucks in the process.
I'm just saying, at that power level it's inevitable that it will blow. Could be a year down the line or longer. With how busy my work schedule is, I don't always make it to the track more than twice a year.
K32 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote