Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-11-2012, 08:11 PM   #5587
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
B. you scare me sometimes.. We do have a Caprock system, two of them in fact... We jsut need the company to unleash a few more dollars for a bit more bandwidth...

I might need to talk to you about some superhigh tech sat phone... I don't talk to my wife via voice for the entire 28 days I'm out here... We e-mail every day... but it isn't the same...

I could use a calling card, but I get charged 8 minutes for every minute I use by AT&T... It's the principal of it... Intrastate call since our hub is in Houston...

I've looked into google talk... some like it, some dont.. lots of mixed reviews...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:16 PM   #5588
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
B. you scare me sometimes.. We do have a Caprock system, two of them in fact... We jsut need the company to unleash a few more dollars for a bit more bandwidth... They need to cough up a few more $ for your bandwidth. Get off-peak time.

I might need to talk to you about some superhigh tech sat phone... I don't talk to my wife via voice for the entire 28 days I'm out here... We e-mail every day... but it isn't the same...

I could use a calling card, but I get charged 8 minutes for every minute I use by AT&T... It's the principal of it... Intrastate call since our hub is in Houston...

I've looked into google talk... some like it, some dont.. lots of mixed reviews...
When I get back home we can talk. I will dig around and find some unclassified comm stuff you may be able to use.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:20 PM   #5589
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post

I betcha 64,322 other members think its funny.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:29 PM   #5590
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
When I get back home we can talk. I will dig around and find some unclassified comm stuff you may be able to use.
We can talk...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:33 PM   #5591
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Bruce,

Here's a new avatar if you want to use it. I should have your signature (and others) done soon.
Attached Images

Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:40 PM   #5592
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
Bruce,

Here's a new avatar if you want to use it. I should have your signature (and others) done soon.
that is a ****ing awesome avatar Russ.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:58 AM   #5593
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

OK...I should've been in bed hours ago, but once I get started on these I have a hard time stopping.

I made one signature, and then had an idea for another one. Here are both. You can choose which one you like better.

Also let me know if you want to change anything.
Attached Images

Old 07-12-2012, 04:23 AM   #5594
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Yup. I was a little fatter than now. Bruces was actually a tad snug. And the keys video is priceless. LOL
That is a Classic...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Its not that funny ......
Oh yes... that's pretty funny right there...

Quote:
OK...I should've been in bed hours ago, but once I get started on these I have a hard time stopping.
Where's my Camaro Natl's Flyer Mr 3AM...
Old 07-12-2012, 07:20 AM   #5595
adamgl

Drives: '98 Camaro Z28, '06 Z06
Quote:

Are you gonna run the 345's all the time when you get them? Or just on the track? All the time.

What brand and type of tire? M/T ET DR2 345/18 There are cars that run 7's with 275s.

I have Nitto Invo's in 345's and still don't have any traction in first and second even when I ease up to full throttle. And I don't even have half the power you do!

Drop the pressure, put heat in them and they come alive.
What about on the street? Just fight the temptation to go over 4500 RPM? lol.
Haven't had luck in finding a drag radial that's 345 and fits a 20" rim. :(

How long do you expect those tires to last? Or change yearly with the motor oil with all your power, lol.
'06 Z06 2LZ, Cam, P/P/M Heads, FAST Intake/TB, ARH, CAI, HP Clutch/FW, C5 Axles,
Pfadt Coilovers/Poly Bushings, Carbon Fiber: Everything, lol. HID's, 360 Forged Spec 5's/Invo's, Custom Interior. 550 RWHP
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235911
adamgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:39 AM   #5596
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Its not that funny ......
The edited version was hilarious!
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:13 AM   #5597
The Stig

Quote:

I made one signature, and then had an idea for another one. Here are both. You can choose which one you like better.

Also let me know if you want to change anything.
those are both badass Russ
Old 07-12-2012, 08:57 AM   #5598
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Nice sig's Russ, very nice.

B- you said it will help but not a prepped track set up.........I did notice in the sig Russ did you have 325 gears. Is this more for top end speed? Do you plan on running it as say Texas Mile or someplace to see how fast it will actually go?

I know NHRA cars have big HP and somewhat put it down just wondering how yours will work with 1500 hp.

I saw a Vette Vengeance Racing did with 1200 hp and it was a rocket but it also had issues putting it down.

Just wondered if there was a way to be able to use that much power in a somewhat stock vehicle.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:16 AM   #5599
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post

B- you said it will help but not a prepped track set up.........I did notice in the sig Russ did you have 325 gears. Is this more for top end speed? Do you plan on running it as say Texas Mile or someplace to see how fast it will actually go?

I know NHRA cars have big HP and somewhat put it down just wondering how yours will work with 1500 hp.

I saw a Vette Vengeance Racing did with 1200 hp and it was a rocket but it also had issues putting it down.

Just wondered if there was a way to be able to use that much power in a somewhat stock vehicle.
Car: SST

Driver: Bruce

0-60: 2 ish

RWHP: ??????

Top Speed: ?????
Old 07-12-2012, 09:50 AM   #5600
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Where's my Camaro Natl's Flyer Mr 3AM...
You think I was up till 3 just working on sigs? It's coming...should be done by Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
those are both badass Russ
Quote:
Thanks guys. I guess we'll see which one Bruce likes.

Quote:

The 325 gears were lower than I thought they'd be as well, but I'm guessing he's going to do something crazy like the mile. If he was just wanted to drag race I would think he would've gone to a 3.73 or maybe even a 4.10.

Putting it to the ground is about three things.

1) Tires
2) Tires
3) Tires

Since he's tubbed the vehicle he can put a 335 slick on it. I'm sure he'll go with the smallest wheel diameter he can to get a tall sidewall tire. He can also adjust the bound and rebound on his coil overs to put as much weight as possible on the rear tires.

Tags
engine psi > tire psi, f5....., holy crap!, horsepower, omgwtfbbqsaucepowa!!!, speedster, sst, turbo