Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-23-2011, 11:08 AM   #1
wangtangjf7

Drives: CGM LT/RS
Is my navy recruiter jacking me around??

I figured there would be a lotta veterans on this forum and maybe former recruiters, so i had a question to ask. So two weeks ago, i was suppose to take my physical and see what jobs were available for me. Its already been rescheduled twice by him and today was suppose to be the day i finally get it done, but just got another call saying he wants to reschedule to the first of next month because new jobs open up every beginning of the month. So if anyone could validate the recruiter is telling me, it would put me a little more at ease and keep me from getting pissed off. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:21 AM   #2
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
it's hard to say.

You can do your physical anytime... it's not like your physical is going to change much over a few weeks.

My guess is he is busy and trying to buy some time. But if you are in the queue they are tracking you and looking out to see when they can likely fit you into a job.

I'd keep on him. The physical is largely just a check in the block to get done. it doesn't have a huge impact unless you want to be SEAL, EOD, Seabee, Aircrew, SWCC.

The recruiting process is the last time you will have much say on your career so don't be afraid to voice your frustration. But be cool about it... Don't go off on the guy just say you're getting tired of waiting and want to get it done.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:28 AM   #3
Ruin
...soon

Drives: 1969 Corvette & 2010 Mazda 3
I'm Army NG so I'm not 100% on the Navy side of the house... but claiming that jobs open up on the 1st of the month is fishy to me. I would think it would be based on what's currently available. Just talk to him.

MEPS is an annoying process though. Be sure to take your time on the ASVAB (and take it from me, hit the latrine first! hahaha).
Old 05-23-2011, 11:29 AM   #4
SuperTrooper

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Camaro
They have a minimum # of people to send to the MEPS station each month, sounds like he has met his quota and is trying to push it off until next month since he has one (you) already to go so he won't have to work as hard next month.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:37 AM   #5
km9v

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6
My brother is a Chief Petty Officer in the Navy & he told me the Navy is almost at a hiring freeze.
km9v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:42 AM   #6
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by km9v View Post
My brother is a Chief Petty Officer in the Navy & he told me the Navy is almost at a hiring freeze.
Quoted for Truth.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:53 AM   #7
wangtangjf7

Drives: CGM LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTrooper View Post
They have a minimum # of people to send to the MEPS station each month, sounds like he has met his quota and is trying to push it off until next month since he has one (you) already to go so he won't have to work as hard next month.
This makes the most sense to me. Because what every recruiter told me about jobs is that it is available when its available. This is just getting frustrating.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:19 PM   #8
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Join the Marine Corps, it is a Department of the Navy,...... The MENS Department, LOL

Semper Fi either there is a freeze or he is trying to hold you till next months quotas are due.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:25 PM   #9
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Join the Marine Corps, it is a Department of the Navy,...... The MENS Department, LOL

Semper Fi either there is a freeze or he is trying to hold you till next months quotas are due.
Now I have to ban you...

I'll just leave this here...

Old 05-23-2011, 12:31 PM   #10
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Sounds like he made mission for May and is counting you in his June numbers. Here's a tip. You are in perfect health. Remember, perfect health. No you have had no knee or joint problems or had asthma when you were 5.......Remember, perfect health. Good luck to you.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:42 PM   #11
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Now I have to ban you...

I'll just leave this here...

Now you know that was funny.....
Old 05-23-2011, 12:44 PM   #12
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
Have patience young padawan you must! What job do you want? The military is all about the waiting…then hurry up!!
Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:58 PM   #13
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post

Oorah
Old 05-23-2011, 01:01 PM   #14
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
Oorah
I used to get in trouble for that comment a long time ago, but even they thought it was funny.