Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Do you like the 14 camaro better or 10-13.
I like the 2014 style better 121 48.79%
I think the 2010-13 style looked better 127 51.21%
Voters: 248. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-04-2014, 10:26 PM   #85
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by fussboss View Post
lol a great follow up question should be "And what model do you have?"

I like both versions, they both have great points to them. I picked a '14 because it looks like a new car to me with the LEDs. When I see cars with (now) old style non-led lights it just looks like an older car and does not stand out to me. For me this 14-15 look is awesome and what I wanted. I could have got a '13 at a discount but I chose to get a '14 when they first came out and paid more for it.

Bottom line is we all have a Camaro. No need to hate on a fellow Camaro owner.
The 14's seem like they came with a discount! So you could have got either at a discount!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsuddre View Post
I had a 2013 v6 and traded it in for the 14 ss. My personal opinion i think both 10-13 and 14 look good equally however i do feel that the 10-13 design looks a tad bit dated which is why they did this refresh. The refresh look is just that a refresh on the 5th gen I do like the 14 RS tails better than the 10-13 tails however the normal non rs tail 14 need some work done. On a side note If you are looking from a distance the rs tails look kind of like vette at night time.
Lmao... Dated? Never will a muscle car look be dated! I'm guessing that you think the. l60's camaro looks a dated? And why would you want your car taillights to look. like something it's not?
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 10:29 PM   #86
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopterman View Post
What you are calling DRL's on the 14 are actually Fog Lights with a switch to turn them on and off. The DRL's on the 14 are the bad ass Halo's.

The 14's are freakin Awesome. Nothing I don't like about them. The pole is about 50/50 yet one side is 3 years worth of cars where the other is just one year. That says a lot for the refresh if you ask me.
Wait .... not if I vote! hahaha ...
Old 09-04-2014, 10:40 PM   #87
fussboss

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
The 14's seem like they came with a discount! So you could have got either at a discount!

Lmao... Dated? Never will a muscle car look be dated! I'm guessing that you think the. l60's camaro looks a dated? And why would you want your car taillights to look. like something it's not?

You seem to have forgot what is in your sig....
fussboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:00 AM   #88
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by fussboss View Post
You seem to have forgot what is in your sig....
Uh, a Camaro Retro after the 60's!
Old 09-05-2014, 12:28 AM   #89
jcsuddre

Drives: 2016 black 2 ss
Quote:

By dated i meant like the fogs in the previous version the halogen look makes it look that way . I was also just pointing out similarities of the tails in my previous comment . I wonder if some of you guys have seen the rs tails at night they are nice ,and i promise you they dont look like a car that came out 15+ years ago lol. When i got my 14 it had to be rs because i will agree that the non rs tails looks as though they are missing something but with rs they are very nice and modern looking with the leds.
jcsuddre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:42 AM   #90
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsuddre View Post
By dated i meant like the fogs in the previous version the halogen look makes it look that way . I was also just pointing out similarities of the tails in my previous comment . I wonder if some of you guys have seen the rs tails at night they are nice ,and i promise you they dont look like a car that came out 15+ years ago lol. When i got my 14 it had to be rs because i will agree that the non rs tails looks as though they are missing something but with rs they are very nice and modern looking with the leds.
Oh, alright! And yea, I have seen them at night! Both the RS and none RS but it's all preference! Sport look vs muscle look!
Old 09-05-2014, 01:07 AM   #91
Cldgin2

Drives: 2017 1LE SS
Even the Vette guys have gotten over the c7
Cldgin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:52 AM   #92
NorCalStorm

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS
i just don't understand how people can say this car looks more feminine and not as aggressive as the 10-13s...

idk about you, but my camaro looks pretty f*cking mean to me...
Attached Images

NorCalStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:07 PM   #93
954camaro

Drives: Camaro SS/RS inferno red interior
I really wish they did put that huge plastic piece on the upper portion of the lower grille. It makes it look big but with that plastic piece less air is going through it compared to if it was open like the rest of the grille. ZL1 once again have the meanest looking bumper.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:13 PM   #94
hworth18
Jus' Cruzin

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS Krypton Green
I love them all.....
Old 09-05-2014, 12:22 PM   #95
c-57d

Drives: 14 2SS/RS Triple Black Ragtop LS3
I love all the 5 gens... even the v6's. The re-style pushed me into pulling the trigger on ordering my 2014 2ss/rs triple black convertible.
my 2¢
c-57d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:55 PM   #96
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Quote:

Oh come on...a 2002 ss camaro looks VERY DATED...in time and shortly these 5th gen camaros (and all cars in retrospect) will look VERY DATED to the masses. Its the nature of the automotive cycle/industry.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:17 PM   #97
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I should clarify my opinion. I like the 2014 and up 1LE and the non rs package SS better than the old style. I can't stand the two dollar Walmart chrome strip that they put on the front of the rs models. It looks like a chrome unibrow.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:12 PM   #98
SSNvMiner

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS L99
I like em all... The only thing I personally thought was a little weird is the reverse light all by itself on the '13's and earlier. No way a deal breaker though... Like I said, I like them all. Ours should be built next week...... man... I can't wait.....
SSNvMiner is offline   Reply With Quote