Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-15-2014, 06:50 PM   #71
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devryn17 View Post
Yeah...O.K. An educated and skilled nurse isn't going to take EXTRA precautions around ebola...It's not like they've been talking about how deadly it was in the news or anything.

Give me a break. This isn't the flu.
What I am telling you is that even with the precautions in place there is still human error. People slip up even in the most serious of circumstances. They spent a good hour talking about how this could happen related to their own experiences. Think they would know a little more than your opinion.
irocnroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 10:51 PM   #72
Smoke 'em
There's always a faster 1

Drives: (-,-)
So now there is a report that the 2nd nurse had actually contacted the CDC before her first flight because her temp was 99.5 but this was not considered to be in the "danger zone" so they said she was not a flight risk and allowed her to fly. Now the CDC is "saying" that anyone known to be in contact, or to have been in contact, with someone that may be infected will no longer be allowed to travel and will be quarantined and monitored. This is really something that we know nothing about. With that being said, we are going to make some mistakes because we are humans and it is human nature. However that doesn't mean that we won't learn from the mistakes. What is going to make a difference is how swift people react to those mistakes to keep the same thing from happening again. A good start would be if they will actually follow through with the "no travel" rule, or whatever you want to call it. But that is one of those "mistakes" that should have been corrected a lot sooner.
Smoke 'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 01:17 AM   #73
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Ebola

Here's an interesting article a friend of mine I went to HS with (who is a nurse) shared on Facebook:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...tbreak-qa.html

I've been following this thread quietly in the bushes... I remember watching Outbreak the movie several times when I was younger... I was worried about it for years... Never happened...

Fast forward to today. I don't have cable tv, I don't, and haven't watched the news or read a news paper in years. 90% of the time it's all doom and gloom. I was almost completely oblivious to this Ebola news... Not so much anymore when it pops up on my favorite 5th gen Camaro forum, and now from a nurse friend I've known for years... Damn...

Now I'm sh**ing chickens, because (I believe?) everyone that has had it has come through DFW Airport, which means that several airport personnel have probably come into contact with it, but are not experiencing "symptoms" so they have not tried to seek medical attention, which means they could potentially be spreading it around to people flying all over the country. My best friends step-mother is flying in and out of DFW at least once a month, and here to visit the family once every month or two... You watch, it's going to start popping up in random places because of people flying out of DFW....

Another friend I just started ranting to that said it wouldn't come here just sent me this:

http://www.kptv.com/story/26797883/s...ebola-concerns

Yup, my s**t-hole state capital city. Less than 4 hours away from me... IMO Oregon is absolutely not prepared for this in any way! If there was any sort of suspicion they should have tested that patients blood regardless of symptoms being confirmed "Ebola like or not", the patient recently traveled to/from Africa. TEST IT! DUH!

I swear these people running the show are retarded! This is why I quit watching the news and reading the papers, aside from all the doom and gloom, nothing ever goes right, someone is always killing someone else, blah blah blah...

Steve Dallas, I thought you were a little overboard-cooky when I started reading this, but you're 100% right. This needs to be paid 100% attention to YESTERDAY! I can't believe they're letting these people fly around all willy nilly. Use some GD COMMON SENSE people!!!

Last edited by Jason@JacFab; 10-16-2014 at 07:37 AM.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 01:21 AM   #74
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
In school for computer science we had to take an ethics class. Basically we wouldn't steal code, help accountants hide money, blah, blah, blah...

I wouldn't call what this nurse did as a mistake. She knew it was wrong ethically, but her wedding was more important than the lives of her family and the people she came in contact with flying to Ohio. I hope she loses her job and is never allowed to nurse again.

Last edited by Jay_LHD3; 10-16-2014 at 02:06 AM.
Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 01:28 AM   #75
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Old 10-16-2014, 01:59 AM   #76
wally mayfield

Drives: 2013 2SS 6M
those meme's crack me up…^^
Strut tower brace(GM), CAI, Blade Spoiler, ZL1 wheels and tires, Heritage grill, Dual mode exhaust, and thats it, no more..except for the lowering springs..Ok Hotchkis springs were delivered today, thats it..
wally mayfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 07:43 AM   #77
Jay_LHD3

The more I think about what this second nurse did the more upset I get. I really feel like what she did was criminal.

You can’t get on a plane with a loaded gun in your hand, but having a high chance of being infected with a virus that has no cure is not a problem. I say high chance due to another nurse at the same hospital already being infected.

Old 10-16-2014, 08:09 AM   #78
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_LHD3 View Post
The more I think about what this second nurse did the more upset I get. I really feel like what she did was criminal.

You can’t get on a plane with a loaded gun in your hand, but having a high chance of being infected with a virus that has no cure is not a problem. I say high chance due to another nurse at the same hospital already being infected.

not just same hospital, but worked with her taking care of the same patient. Then on the news last night, they were reporting that those nurses also cared for other patients on the same unit. What is the risk one of those patients will become infected. Then it grows (as the family and friends come in to visit those patients)...
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 08:44 AM   #79
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcKiller View Post
Reminds me of the movie Outbreak! Check it out if you have not seen it.
I had the pleasure of being IN that movie... I worked as crew (providing military vehicles), and as an extra (in a number of positions, including driver in multiple convoys, soldier in full MOPP gear, mechanic, and I got to drive one stunt scene (HMMV chasing a pickup truck)).

This was my first movie, my introduction to show- biz. Still in the biz today.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:09 AM   #80
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
So....let me get this straight....health care workers, or basically anyone that comes in contact with an Ebola victim SHOULD NOT fly, or travel, or the CDC is considering putting those folks on a no-fly list, yet the CDC just stated they won't put a temporary travel ban on NON-CITIZENS coming into the U.S. from Ebola-stricken regions in Africa???

Stupid leading the stupid.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:14 AM   #81
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
So....let me get this straight....health care workers, or basically anyone that comes in contact with an Ebola victim SHOULD NOT fly, or travel, or the CDC is considering putting those folks on a no-fly list, yet the CDC just stated they won't put a temporary travel ban on NON-CITIZENS coming into the U.S. from Ebola-stricken regions in Africa???

Stupid leading the stupid.
What?!? You don't trust the government? Oh, ye of little faith... !!!
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:28 AM   #82
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
Subscride,

I will start worrying about this virus when pigs fly.

Oh no time to worry,
trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:39 AM   #83
Jay_LHD3

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
Subscride,

I will start worrying about this virus when infected people fly.

Name:  img1.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  3.7 KB

Oh time to worry,

Fixed that for you!

Old 10-16-2014, 11:05 AM   #84
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, CGM w/ Silver Stripes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by irocnroll View Post
What I am telling you is that even with the precautions in place there is still human error. People slip up even in the most serious of circumstances. They spent a good hour talking about how this could happen related to their own experiences. Think they would know a little more than your opinion.
My opinion? My opinion is that the person in the thread who stated that handwashing was sufficient to prevent the spread of this virus is FOS. Don't worry, I'm sure your hand sanitizer will keep you safe. :\

Momma didn't bronze my shoes, but when I turned 16 I inherited a lead foot.
Devryn17 is offline   Reply With Quote