Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-19-2014, 12:58 PM   #127
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I'm glad someone is in touch with reality and has a sense of how this situation would actually get worse with a travel ban. Besides, it's cold-hearted and cruel to leave the people suffering from this on their own, which is exactly what a travel ban would do.

As for everyone else, we do not discuss politics. We are not a factionalized forum. Following this post, infractions will be issued.
I will pray for you if/when you are deployed to help with this humanitarian effort.
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 08:49 AM   #128
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Then some say that Ebola can mutate, the longer it goes. Look at what 1 person has unleashed.
What did he unleash? it spread to two people.....nurses that were taking care of him that had direct contact with his bodily fluids. Not even his family and friends were infected while he was staying with them. Media Hype is instilling undo fear into people. This isnt a plague.
irocnroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:56 AM   #129
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by irocnroll View Post
What did he unleash? it spread to two people.....nurses that were taking care of him that had direct contact with his bodily fluids. Not even his family and friends were infected while he was staying with them. Media Hype is instilling undo fear into people. This isnt a plague.
DONT TOUCH OTHER PEOPLES POOP!
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:58 AM   #130
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by irocnroll View Post
I can’t stand media hype. When there is a school shooting they keep it in the headlines for way too long. In my opinion to the point of sensationalizing it.

With Ebola, a known virus that has no cure, which is within our borders needs media hype in my opinion. Sometimes fear is a good thing. I think if there was a little extra fear before, then these health care workers would had been a little more cautions.
Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 02:51 PM   #131
jrhagen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_LHD3 View Post
I can’t stand media hype. When there is a school shooting they keep it in the headlines for way too long. In my opinion to the point of sensationalizing it.

With Ebola, a known virus that has no cure, which is within our borders needs media hype in my opinion. Sometimes fear is a good thing. I think if there was a little extra fear before, then these health care workers would had been a little more cautions.
If there had been a little extra fear before, the man from Liberia would not have been in Dallas in the first place.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:53 PM   #132
Manbearpig
Engineer of softness-ware

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
What's funny about this is it can go one of two ways:

A. The media is (as usual) overreacting, Ebola will die out like the hundreds of other world ending viruses we've encountered. Next year barely anyone will remember it.

Or.

B. The virus does in fact mutate, becoming airborne, and there's not jack shit you can do about it anyway besides hope you don't catch it.

See how this works? Freak out all you want, it's not going to swing things one way or another.

A travel ban? Yeah that'll work for all of two minutes.
Manbearpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 08:21 PM   #133
jrhagen
Banned

It is difficult to control what might happen but it is easy to control what is happening.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:39 PM   #134
KeepItShut

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
As much as I would like to see a travel ban, and on the surface it sounds like a solution, the catch would be that not all countries, and airlines, would do the same....Meaning, possibly infected travelers would simply take a more long-winded and circuitous route to get to their destination, and would lie about any pertinent information regarding their history for sure....

Completely isolate a nation or region, and it will implode for sure, making the situation world-wide even worse....

A travel ban, I say not an answer....but travel "restrictions", monitoring, possible quarantine on both ends before and after travel might help stop it's spread....
The way a travel ban would work is when checking passports. It would absolutely work! You could take several connecting flights but when you land your passport would till show where you've been recently. It's the best, and only way to contain it now outside of the U.S. I believe it was Sierra Leone that recently came out and said shutting down their borders was the best thing for stopping the spread. No use for us there on the southern end...

This is gonna get way outta control during flu season.
KeepItShut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:01 PM   #135
ajp
50th Anniversary Vert

Drives: Camaro 2017 50th Anniversary
My better half provided this content in a newsletter to her patients:

EBOLA Quiz- True OR False (answers below)

Fact or Fiction

1. Ebola is not airborne and does not spread through air, food, or water.

2. Ebola only spreads through direct contact with an infected persons bodily fluids or dead infected bodies (saliva, mucus, vomit, feces, sweat, tears, breast milk, urine and semen).

3. Direct contact means that bodily fluids have touched someone's eyes, nose or mouth or an open cut, wound, or abrasion.

4. Ebola can NOT be transmitted through mosquitos.

5. Infected persons may present with fever, headache, vomiting, diarrhea and hemorrhage within 21 days of direct contact with an Ebola infected person.

1. T 2. T 3. T 4. T (only mammals can spread Ebola) 5. T
Reference: CDC.gov
Old 10-21-2014, 09:21 AM   #136
jrhagen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajp View Post
My better half provided this content in a newsletter to her patients:

EBOLA Quiz- True OR False (answers below)

Fact or Fiction

1. Ebola is not airborne and does not spread through air, food, or water.

2. Ebola only spreads through direct contact with an infected persons bodily fluids or dead infected bodies (saliva, mucus, vomit, feces, sweat, tears, breast milk, urine and semen).

3. Direct contact means that bodily fluids have touched someone's eyes, nose or mouth or an open cut, wound, or abrasion.

4. Ebola can NOT be transmitted through mosquitos.

5. Infected persons may present with fever, headache, vomiting, diarrhea and hemorrhage within 21 days of direct contact with an Ebola infected person.

1. T 2. T 3. T 4. T (only mammals can spread Ebola) 5. T
Reference: CDC.gov
F, F, F, T, T. Source: revised information from CDC.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:19 AM   #137
ajp
50th Anniversary Vert

Drives: Camaro 2017 50th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhagen View Post
http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/transmission/index.html

Where is the revised information?
Old 10-21-2014, 11:30 AM   #138
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhagen View Post
Your sources are wrong.
irocnroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 11:36 AM   #139

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
...How about this definition (as best I remember it)...."Direct Contact" is considered anything within three feet of another person....??? Yes?...No??
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 03:59 PM   #140
jrhagen
Banned

Direct contact means in the same room and it can spread through a sneeze.