Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-27-2014, 04:24 PM   #15
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon War Horse View Post
That is the tidbit that bothered me with this also. Just not sure how you could accidentally drive into the lake at nearly the same spot that many years apart with nearly the same "accident".

Well the incidents weren't too many years apart. It was in 1969 when the first car went in, 1970 for the Camaro and teens.

Sounds more like the work of a serial killer, but who knows with all the evidence disintegrated.
Old 10-27-2014, 04:59 PM   #16
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
I live in a mountainous area with lots of winding, Cliffside roads. Occasionally, a car will go over the edge, and when recovery crews go down to recover it, they will find other cars... I recall one a few years ago when they found SIX additional cars, none recently deposited. Most of these cars are just stolen and dumped (admit it, it would be fun to "ghost ride" a car off a cliff!), but sometimes there are bodies inside them.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 05:44 PM   #17
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
Good that the family's have some closure ,but Either foul play ,or alcohol and or drug impaired driving is the fault . This shit doesn't happen sober very often . We all did it and most of us wised up . I myself lost ( never to be seen again )a 1965 Gold Falcon Sprint with a modified 302 ,fiberglass tear drop hood to clear the duel quads, on hi rise, headers, solid lifter Isky cam,and 4 speed in the Delaware river on the Pennsylvania New Jersey border one cold rainy February night in 1970 drunk and stoned to the bone ( passing the reefer at the time I lost control ). Man that water was cold ,and we ( my friend Joe and I ) were damn lucky to get out of that river alive, all be it on the wrong side . I had to lie like a MOFO and tell my father the car was stolen the next morning when he noticed it missing from the drive way ,back in those days my father would have been down right violent and unreasonable if he knew I was drunk driving , never mind smoking pot.
Old 10-27-2014, 06:15 PM   #18
Ambush
Rawr!

Drives: Giulia Quadrifoglio, C8 Stingray
morbidly curious. what do bodies look like inside cars? just bones? or well preserved in freshwater lakes?

Retired:
2018 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
2014 Crystal Red Camaro RS
Ambush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 06:22 PM   #19
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePhoenix View Post
I think it's a very strange case. What's the likeliness that 2 cars end up in the lake together at different time periods.
I read there was a curve in the road that was hard to negotiate at night....both cars went off the road at the same curve. Weird they eneded up so close.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 06:23 PM   #20
lawdog

Drives: 2010 SSII w RS & Sunroof Yellow
It looks like their was a crossroad at the location and a small lot past the intersection. I could see how two cars could make the same mistake and run off the road. but what's wierd is no body's were found outside the vehicles . I know the force of the water on the windows and doors make it difficult to exit but with three kids in one car you would think one would have gotten out unless they were all in the front seat and hit their heads?! I really would like to know more, this intrigues me, who was sitting where allegedly. Anybody have a watch on that stopped working which may corroborate the accidental theory.
lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 07:33 PM   #21
Mero7

Drives: 2014 2LT
That is crazy. Thx for the post.
Mero7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 08:04 AM   #22
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post
So? Just because you've seen it means it shouldn't be posted right. I haven't heard about it and I'm glad this thread was posted.
This was posted a year ago on this site.
irocnroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 10:07 AM   #23
Demon War Horse
War Horse Pilot

Drives: 2017 NFG 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush View Post
morbidly curious. what do bodies look like inside cars? just bones? or well preserved in freshwater lakes?
Likely just bones... they mentioned skull in the article I ready before, so I think that implies all the tissue was long gone.

Not sure they can really ever nail down a cause of death based on decomp...

Just my guess.

SigPic by Hazman
Demon War Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 10:57 AM   #24
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Everybody knows that.

But did you know that auctioneers make terrible grocery clerks?
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 04:52 PM   #25
Whoomba

Drives: 2024Camaro 2SS CE Convertible
Would be interesting to keep up with. If you can keep it updated. And, put some fresh gas in it and it should fire right up.
Whoomba is offline   Reply With Quote