Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 11-28-2014, 05:03 PM   #29
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 02:40 AM   #30
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Star Wars was part of that Reagan thing wasn't it? Or was it Nixon?

I forget.
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 02:44 AM   #31
Project66Camaro

Drives: 2014 camaro Sema project
Oh man I'm so excited for the new movie!!!!!!!!
Attached Images

Project66Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 08:26 AM   #32
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Racer View Post
Star Wars was part of that Reagan thing wasn't it? Or was it Nixon?

I forget.

Yes, "Star Wars" was the catchy name for the designs of an anti ballistic missile shield during the cold war, under Reagan...
But they could never get it to work, and then the cold war ended, and then we found out that more than half of Russia's nukes wouldn't have launched anyways due to quality control issues...
Funny thing though, nearly half or more of the scientists associated with the Star Wars program killed themselves in odd ways under mysterious circumstances.
Old 12-01-2014, 01:04 PM   #33
Spartan01

I called it!!!!
Currently a twitter feud is under way about people being racist about John Boyega, a British actor, who happens to be of African descent, portraying a storm trooper.

Twitters social justice warriors have leapt upon nerds, like myself, asking questions about him.
They are screaming and frothing at their collectives mouths that we are racists...
asking inane non-questions about why we cannot accept a black man in a universe full of alien species...
many of whom have refused to even read the basic questions posed by fans...

OK, so FTW, here goes:

Originally, as depicted in Attack of the Clones, ALL clones were created from Jango Fett, who was portrayed by Temura Morrison, who happens to be of Maori descent.

Since the scene of John Boyega in a Storm trooper uniform takes place roughly 50 odd years later (20 years from Attack of the Clones until A New Hope, then an additional 30 years from then until Episode 7) we can assume one of 4 possibilities:
1.) John Boyega's character is not a Storm trooper, but rather stole the uniform, just as Han and Luke did in Episode 4.
2.) In the 50 odd years that have passed, the Empire has changed it's genetic sequencing for clones, or In the 50 odd years that have passed, the Empire has changed it's recruiting practices, and allows for non clones to enlist.
3.) The producers messed up
4.) The producers did not mess up and this conundrum will be explained...
Nerd Rant over...

What did retards do before twitter?
Old 12-01-2014, 01:48 PM   #34
trashmanssd

yeah I saw that train rolling down the track the second I saw that scene I had the same Question? Not because I care what race he is but because as you said except seem more nerd knowledgeable he doesn't look like the guy that they DNA was taken from. I mean they storm troopers are clones last I knew. Question wasn't why is he black question was is there a new deal with the storm troopers are they not clones are there now multiple DNA's they use to diversify they Clone gene pool, is it open enrollment. Maybe he is a Jedi in a stolen Suit. But I knew better don't ask because it can only be for one reason in some eyes. They don't realize that star wars nerds would be asking if was any one that wasn't a dead ringer for Temura Morrison.

Last edited by trashmanssd; 12-01-2014 at 02:00 PM.
Old 12-01-2014, 02:02 PM   #35
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
they wouldn't know what to do without Star Wars to rant about knowadays.
some of them have George Lucas on the level with Hitler because the prequels didn't live up to their dreams.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 02:15 PM   #36
Spartan01

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
they wouldn't know what to do without Star Wars to rant about knowadays.
some of them have George Lucas on the level with Hitler because the prequels didn't live up to their dreams.

really?
I would follow that guy, just because his supreme dumbness must be truly awesome to behold... Wow, guy who made a few awesome movies, then made some really $hitty prequels, vs the mastermind and head perpetrator of the greatest genocide in recent human memory, WOW!
Old 12-01-2014, 02:31 PM   #37
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan01 View Post
I called it!!!!
Currently a twitter feud is under way about people being racist about John Boyega, a British actor, who happens to be of African descent, portraying a storm trooper.

Twitters social justice warriors have leapt upon nerds, like myself, asking questions about him.
They are screaming and frothing at their collectives mouths that we are racists...
asking inane non-questions about why we cannot accept a black man in a universe full of alien species...
many of whom have refused to even read the basic questions posed by fans...

OK, so FTW, here goes:

Originally, as depicted in Attack of the Clones, ALL clones were created from Jango Fett, who was portrayed by Temura Morrison, who happens to be of Maori descent.

Since the scene of John Boyega in a Storm trooper uniform takes place roughly 50 odd years later (20 years from Attack of the Clones until A New Hope, then an additional 30 years from then until Episode 7) we can assume one of 4 possibilities:
1.) John Boyega's character is not a Storm trooper, but rather stole the uniform, just as Han and Luke did in Episode 4.
2.) In the 50 odd years that have passed, the Empire has changed it's genetic sequencing for clones, or In the 50 odd years that have passed, the Empire has changed it's recruiting practices, and allows for non clones to enlist.
3.) The producers messed up
4.) The producers did not mess up and this conundrum will be explained...
Nerd Rant over...

What did retards do before twitter?
Its most likely 1 or 2. Also seeing has how many a troopers were lost in both explosions of the death star the new breed of storm troopers would most likely be open recruitment and not that of clones.

Also cant wait to put this guy to work over the next year

irocnroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 02:37 PM   #38
trashmanssd

Hope she is one of the new storm troopers.

Old 12-01-2014, 02:41 PM   #39
Spartan01

Honestly,
I am betting on #1. This is based soley on the fact that in the trailer,
(yeah, I know, here we go again...)
We see John Boyega in Storm trooper armor, but with no helmet, and he is clearly reacting to an adrenalin surge.
In the available cannon, we almost never see storm trooper without their helmets on, and we almost never see them distressed even in heavy combat.
This leads me to believe that, assuming the producers followed cannon protocol, John Boyega's character is in fact not an actual storm trooper but an imposter wearing the uniform for some as yet unspecified purpose.
Old 12-01-2014, 02:42 PM   #40
Spartan01

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
Hope she is one of the new storm troopers.

BEWBS!!!!!
Old 12-01-2014, 02:43 PM   #41
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
Hopefully it will be as decent as the first three and not as horrible as the last three were. Maybe Disney won't listen too much to George and there won't be any more Jar Jar Binks type antics.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 02:54 PM   #42
Spartan01

that's why they took it away from George and gave it to JJ...
After the 3 prequels and Indiana Jones 4, and RedTails, the studios and Disney said
"OK, enough George you hackwit. We don't know how you pulled off epsiodes 4-6, and Indiana Jones 1-3, but we suspect that you have been replaced by an alien Men In Black style or that you really had nothing to do with those original movies and Spielberg saved them in editing, but JJ Abrams is a viable commodity and can produce a plot that somewhat resembles coherency."
Then they banished George Lucas to the Phantom Zone