Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 10-01-2012, 10:21 AM   #4411
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
What you should really look into Gracie is clay bar. You should clay bar your ride 2-3 times a year then do a full swirl and haze remover and then wax it. The waxing you can do as much as you want but the clay bar removes so much more than you can imagine. It doesn't even matter how many times a day that you take your car to the powerwasher as even that will not remove the grim and such on you paint. Do the plastic bag test by getting a random ziplock bag, put your hand in it and with your index finger, gently slide it across the top of your car and you will feel all of the crap that's on top of your paint. That is what causes those spiderwebs as they call em because you wash your car and then get a towel and wide down with all that stuff still on it, which scratches the paint ...along with whatever towel it is that you are using. One of these days I should hold a show n shine clinic thingy to show what should be done on how to clean your car properly. We can make it a barbeque kinda deal!
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:27 AM   #4412
Mysteek
Lounge Gangsta!!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char1ieone View Post
What you should really look into Gracie is clay bar. You should clay bar your ride 2-3 times a year then do a full swirl and haze remover and then wax it. The waxing you can do as much as you want but the clay bar removes so much more than you can imagine. It doesn't even matter how many times a day that you take your car to the powerwasher as even that will not remove the grim and such on you paint. Do the plastic bag test by getting a random ziplock bag, put your hand in it and with your index finger, gently slide it across the top of your car and you will feel all of the crap that's on top of your paint. That is what causes those spiderwebs as they call em because you wash your car and then get a towel and wide down with all that stuff still on it, which scratches the paint ...along with whatever towel it is that you are using. One of these days I should hold a show n shine clinic thingy to show what should be done on how to clean your car properly. We can make it a barbeque kinda deal!
Oh I know!! I have been thinking about getting a clay bar. I have read up on those and how they get EVERYTHING up and off your car. Did you buy yours from Adams or get something at Autozone?!?! I have been wanting to try the Adams line but it's BIG BUCKS!! Yeah, my car looks like crap right now, mainly due to the rain, and she did have swirls on her along with scratches when I bought her. SO, she is in dire need of a wash, clay bar, waxing kinda day.

Yeah, most definitely should hold one of those AND I'll be nice enough to let you demonstrate on my car. I just need to be nicer to my mom so she will watch the boys for a long time on Saturday so I can actually spend a whole day on my car. She needs it. :(
Mysteek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:47 AM   #4413
jose1003

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Cyber Gray
what up peeps well just picked up the camaro now magazine today

on waxing if you all really do a good waxing like charlie said with clay bar it is recommended only about 2 to 3 times a year, also if seen and heard were many people do the waxing 1 to 2 a month and these new paints they dont breath when wax is always on top of it and paints just starts craking,

in my opinion get a glass coat done with the teflon its about 5 to 7 years warranty, and wax car about twice a year with clay bar, and car will always look awesome and when it rains only a rag and take off water and it looks like you just waxed the vehicle
Old 10-01-2012, 12:01 PM   #4414
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose1003 View Post
...in my opinion get a glass coat done with the teflon its about 5 to 7 years warranty, and wax car about twice a year with clay bar, and car will always look awesome and when it rains only a rag and take off water and it looks like you just waxed the vehicle
, if you are going to just rag it off between I would suggest Adams' Waterless Wash Spray and use their waffle towel. It's amazing what it takes off and it prevents from picking up the dirt and dragging it across the surface.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:37 PM   #4415
Cezr12

Drives: Black Camaro SS Convertible
Hello everyone! I haven't checked in for quite a while. My dad is interested in selling his OEM 1lt wheels with tires. pm me if you're interested or know someone that is. They have low mileage since he got new ones a week after he bought the car
Cezr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:07 PM   #4416
jose1003

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Cyber Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cezr12 View Post
Hello everyone! I haven't checked in for quite a while. My dad is interested in selling his OEM 1lt wheels with tires. pm me if you're interested or know someone that is. They have low mileage since he got new ones a week after he bought the car
Did you post them on the for sale section, on main forum page, you might hey more buyers there
Old 10-01-2012, 02:54 PM   #4417
xfactors

Drives: 2014 2LT vette with Z51
When I got my $100 worth of cleaning and detailing products from Walmart, I got the Meguiar's Clay kit. I was going to use it before I waxed my car, but my paint was so smooth, I decided to blow off claybaring my car. I waxed it with Meguiar's Hi-Tech Yellow wax #26. I was very happy with the result. I received the car 2 weeks ago, so hopefully the paint won't mess up. Right now my car looks pretty good. I don't mean to brag, but right now it looks kind of awesome.

I even waxed the inside and outside of my 2 tail pipes. That cleaned up the inside of my tail pipes very well. Do this last, because all the soot from inside the tail pipes comes off on the rag with the wax on it.

I also waxed my windows on the outside. I don't know if that will do anything, but thought I'd give it a shot. I also waxed my lens covers for my head lights, and tail lights. I kind of went nuts with the wax.
xfactors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:06 PM   #4418
Mysteek
Lounge Gangsta!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactors View Post
When I got my $100 worth of cleaning and detailing products from Walmart, I got the Meguiar's Clay kit. I was going to use it before I waxed my car, but my paint was so smooth, I decided to blow off claybaring my car. I waxed it with Meguiar's Hi-Tech Yellow wax #26. I was very happy with the result. I received the car 2 weeks ago, so hopefully the paint won't mess up. Right now my car looks pretty good. I don't mean to brag, but right now it looks kind of awesome.

I even waxed the inside and outside of my 2 tail pipes. That cleaned up the inside of my tail pipes very well. Do this last, because all the soot from inside the tail pipes comes off on the rag with the wax on it.

I also waxed my windows on the outside. I don't know if that will do anything, but thought I'd give it a shot. I also waxed my lens covers for my head lights, and tail lights. I kind of went nuts with the wax.
So................when are you gonna come over and do mine?!?!

:belly roll:
Old 10-01-2012, 03:24 PM   #4419
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Right on man! Don't worry about claying your ride until I would say until the beginning of March in 2013. You won't get too much gunk on your ride that'll warrant a clay baring until then. FYI, you can use the clay bar to clean your windows as well, and you would be surprised on what you can get off. I used to think that I had little tiny chips on my windsheild and then saw you could clay it, and holy cow they were instantly gone. Check out these videos on Adams' website, they'll help you on what can be done and the processes to take when really cleaning your car.

The products are different but do the same job, some will clamour to Adams like myself, some will claim Meguires, and other Mothers, and if you can afford the stuff AmmoNYC ...but all in all if you follow the correct steps, they all will do the job. Key to cleaning though is the CORRECT TOWELS! Never ever, ever, EVER, use the same towel that you use to wipe down your wheels to wipe down your paint. What do you think your wiping off on your wheels? BRAKE DUST! And what are brakes made out off ...METAL! ...and what does metal do? Well you get the picture, but that's what the vast majority out there don't realize. That's why I wil never take my ride to one of the drive up detailers where the kids at the end have to red oil towels. They use em how many times ...a month, to clean how many cars? If you want a good cleaning kit that has everything that you need to properly clean your car, your going to shell a lot more than $100 my friend, but the great thing for you is that you just got yourself an amazing new ride so you won't need to really be worrying about it sleekness until a year when it begins to dwindle a bit and with that time you can start slowly building your cleaning product collection.

Me and a couple of us went to Camro5Fest in Arizona last year spent an easy $350 on Adams' products in one hour, but we bought the Porter Cable which cost us $200 alone. Considering that our cars were already 1 1/2-2 years old already, we needed the best stuff. We got free towels and an amazing how-to collection DVD, but the polishes, waxes, clay bars, and lubricants were well worth it!

Here's a link of TUTORIALS on how to clean your Camaros. I watch em all the time and sometimes will go to other sites like AMMO NYC where they do exotics to see what else I can incorporate. The key, other than towels, is time, because damn you will easily spend 8 hours just detailing the **** out of your car.

Last edited by Char1ieone; 10-01-2012 at 03:56 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:32 PM   #4420
Mysteek
Lounge Gangsta!!

I figured 5 hours but to do EVERYTHING there is to do under the sun to our cars 8 hours seems about right. I'm SO glad Danny switched over to full time 12 hour shifts because I'm gonna need him to watch the boys ALL DAY LONG and make me lunch so I can get her all polished. I'm sure the following day it will be my turn so he can do his truck!!
Old 10-01-2012, 03:43 PM   #4421
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

I would suggest this. Do the paint first, that means washing, claying and polish & wax first. then another day, move on to the plastic exterior panels like the rear diffusor, grille, etc. with Mothers Back to Black. Next day, do the interior, cause this for me takes a day in itself. Finally do the tires and wheels last, cause it's the easiest.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:47 PM   #4422
Mysteek
Lounge Gangsta!!

Quote:
I would suggest this. Do the paint first, that means washing, claying and polish & wax first. then another day, move on to the plastic exterior panels like the rear diffusor, grille, etc. with Mothers Back to Black. Next day, do the interior, cause this for me takes a day in itself. Finally do the tires and wheels last, cause it's the easiest.
I should be able to get away with breaking it down to sections like that. After I park my car on Friday evening, she doesn't move until Monday morning. I'll have to invest in these products though. Plus, Danny would be game if he got to do his truck too, probably more so if I did his truck. Anyways, funny enough my interior doesn't get that bad, even with an almost 5 yr old. It shouldn't take me more than 10 min. I'm strict on what I allow in my car and what he does in there. Teaching him how to take care of nice things at an early age!!
Old 10-01-2012, 06:03 PM   #4423
xfactors

Quote:
Right on man! Don't worry about claying your ride until I would say until the beginning of March in 2013. You won't get too much gunk on your ride that'll warrant a clay baring until then.
I'm lucky. I have covered parking where I live, and covered parking where I work, so 99% of the time my car is out of the sunlight and weather. That will make it much easier to take care of it. Baking out in the sun, every day, is hard on a car, IMO.

Last edited by xfactors; 10-01-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:14 PM   #4424
xfactors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteek View Post
Yeah, my car looks like crap right now, mainly due to the rain, and she did have swirls on her along with scratches when I bought her.
I'm lucky. When I bought my car, it didn't have swirls. My car has very few scratches, and you can barely see them. You have to get real close. When you just look at my car, you won't see any swirls or scratches. You have to get up real close, to see just a few small scratches, in very few places. I saw them when I was waxing, but they're not bad. My car shines so much, it's turning heads. I'm not joking.

Tags
everyone loves gigachip, giga's sister is crazy!! lol!!, gigachip is awesome, gigachip iz silly, gigachip loves clay aiken, gigachip s rediculous, i laugh at gigachip, offset is marobody2001