Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 02-28-2009, 05:04 PM   #1
My new Camaro

Drives: 2500 hd
Drove 370z today

Very nice car. fast and handles very well sounds good and looks much better than the 350z. even got to open it up against a older man in a vette.(he started it). i wish i had a camaro to compare with .ive seen one but couldnt get iin it so not a fair test. very tempting though
My new Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 05:07 PM   #2
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
It's supposed to be a very nice car, but I wouldn't want to go with a company that doesn't care enough about their performance brands to fix devastating problems with the flagship model, the GT-R. If the Corvette's transmission exploded every time you pushed a button, then it would probably scare all of us away from any other GM performance car. I think we should be able to say the same thing about Nissan.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 05:17 PM   #3
fad1

Drives: Future 5th gen Camaro
BTW, the 370z is no where cool as the Camaro
fad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 05:48 PM   #4
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by fad1 View Post
BTW, the 370z is no where cool as the Camaro
+1
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 05:49 PM   #5
diddiyo

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
It's supposed to be a very nice car, but I wouldn't want to go with a company that doesn't care enough about their performance brands to fix devastating problems with the flagship model, the GT-R. If the Corvette's transmission exploded every time you pushed a button, then it would probably scare all of us away from any other GM performance car. I think we should be able to say the same thing about Nissan.
well, you could say GM doesn't care because the interior of a corvette looks like it came straight from a '95 cavalier. i guess it's easy to make up a reason to dislike a car...
diddiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 07:09 PM   #6
carsismeZ06
Corvette and Camaro lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro...some day...
Yeah, the 370Z is cool...but not that cool. BTW it only looks good in silver.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:59 PM   #7
The_Blur

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddiyo View Post
well, you could say GM doesn't care because the interior of a corvette looks like it came straight from a '95 cavalier. i guess it's easy to make up a reason to dislike a car...
I'm not just trying to make up reasons not to like the car. My first car was a Nissan Altima until someone hit me in their company's Yukon XL. I had a college friend who drove around a 240SX that he had extensively modified. When I used to do door-to-door, I stopped by a prospect who was cleaning his classic Nissan outside and talked cars for about an hour that I should have been selling stuff. I had a lot of faith in Nissan until they overlooked what is perhaps the most obvious possible failure in automotive engineering. If you install a button that makes parts of the car blow up, then remove it or write "Self-Destruct" on it. After that fiasco, I need to rebuild my faith in Nissan's performance cars.

I like the simplicity of the Corvette's interior!
Old 02-28-2009, 08:07 PM   #8
My new Camaro

i was just saying its a very nice car. im losing faith in a failing company,but i want to buy american and do my part to prevent communism
Old 02-28-2009, 08:13 PM   #9
diddiyo

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
simplicity
that's a nice way to put it
diddiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:16 PM   #10
lil_chef
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
One thing about the nissan is it EXTREMELY TINY. i fit in a camaro and boxter and cayman....but i cant sit comfortably in the 370z. its just way to small on the inside
lil_chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:27 PM   #11
My new Camaro

im only 5'10 so no prob there. im gonna think on it for awhile.i like the looks of both cars and with options bout the same price.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:09 PM   #12
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by My new Camaro View Post
i was just saying its a very nice car. im losing faith in a failing company,but i want to buy american and do my part to prevent communism
i agree with you except for the communism part....until you lived in a country with comunism as i have then you dont know what it is....and what we have here is not and never will get to be communism.

back on topic...the Z is sick
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:21 PM   #13
The_Blur

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddiyo View Post
that's a nice way to put it
I say it because it reminds me of a simpler time—one without GPS, pop-up screens, wood trim, dual climate control, and all of the other unnecessary luxuries that take away from time spent thinking on the issue of how to make it sportier. What I love about the Corvette is that it represents the best sports production that GM has to offer. The goal of the Corvette is to sport GM's sports technology, and it does that by focussing on the fundamentals of performance rather than the badassery of the interior design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My new Camaro View Post
If you don't buy American, then you are a communist!
Old 02-28-2009, 11:28 PM   #14
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
Buy American, the job you save could be mine. Seriously.

Side note, I passed 1,000 posts without realizing it.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote