Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-29-2007, 10:33 PM   #29
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I never thought of the efficiency aspect of it. The price of gas now is about double what it was 40 years ago, but fuel economy has roughly doubled as well. For muscle cars it has quadrupled.
That made me smile...we're on the winning team. Sit back and think, that we went through all that trouble to increase both power and efficiency of muscle cars just so we could continue going fast...

Instead of dumping Musclecars and saying the hell with that, we need economy now.

Trucks and Musclecars, boys...two in the same, and yet soooo different.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:39 AM   #30
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ghlight=Mexico

I think this is what most of you are looking for...

Also, remember that the government usually runs all the so called "tree hugger" organizations... cough cough national parks cough...

Furthermore, you can be a hot-rodder and still be green… Plant a tree damit, then all your guilt vanishes…

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 02:01 AM   #31
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
^Actually, that link was the exact thread I wanted to merge this too. Thanks for finding your thread.

Regarding inflation, I recall when gas was .85 cents per gallon and the cost of the cars weren't that much less expensive than they were now. That would have been in ...88?...89? Does anyone think the cost of gasoline is growing faster than the price of the average car?
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 06:29 AM   #32
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
In the late 80s and into the 90s gas was artificially cheap. Actually I'm not sure artificially is the right word, but gas companies sure were not making money at the time. Then that changed and prices normalized a bit, and that is why everyone is freaking out. They got used to very cheap gas.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:47 AM   #33
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
^Actually, that link was the exact thread I wanted to merge this too. Thanks for finding your thread.

Regarding inflation, I recall when gas was .85 cents per gallon and the cost of the cars weren't that much less expensive than they were now. That would have been in ...88?...89? Does anyone think the cost of gasoline is growing faster than the price of the average car?
Yes the price of gas is rising fast, but you are wrong with the price of cars. Cavaliers (now Cobalt) have gone from starting at 7000 in 1988 to 15 000. Mustangs were 8 500 then and are now 19 000 base. Based off that, I think its safe to say that the price of cars has approx doulbled in the last 20 years, using that , gas would be about 1.70 but is actually around 2.60 for you (for us gas is around $1 more per gallon). But taking in stov's point that prices were artificially low then, and is artificially high right now means that the real cost of gas has not risen too much over the last 20 years
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote