Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-29-2018, 12:17 PM   #1
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
3.6 and timing chain issues on LFX?

So this is really bugging me.

I remember reading all the 3.6 weak chain issues were fixed when the '12 Camaro got the LFX and i suppose the answer really is in the part numbers. Does anyone have a source they can pull to see if there is a different number from 2011 to 2012 on the 3.6?

Also i'm reading about some kind of screens that could potentially get blocked and i'm assuming they are for incoming/return oil passages for the timing chain?
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.

Last edited by xstuntman; 04-29-2018 at 01:38 PM.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 03:31 PM   #2
RJT Impala
Stovebolt BluFlame 6

Drives: '12 2LT/RS, IBM; '20 Traverse Prem
I'm curious about this also. Have heard some rumors that the LFX has issues similar to the LLT and haven't heard anything elaborating one way or the other.
RJT Impala is offline   Reply With Quote