Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-22-2018, 05:37 PM   #197
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
Bashing? I have been a Camaro fan for 46 years and an owner of at least one Camaro for most of the last 37 years , i have faced the facts many years ago that i am a Camaro fan in a Mustang world and very happy with that . Over those years and long before the internet was thought of i been involved in countless conversations about Camaros ,Challengers ,Mustangs and Muscle Cars when bashing has entered into the conversation and i can tell you that i have bashed nothing here . I don't buy into all the smoke blowing up each others butt here about the 5th Gen , there are many people here who think they know Camaros and where they came from and where they are going but very few actually do .
I can honestly say i spent more time defending my purchase of a 5th gen Camaro then i will ever have to with my 6th Gen among the older car heads i know, i have never seen the love for the 5th gen with early Camaro owners like that is talked about here . And the fact that 60% of Gen 5 owners are first time Camaro buyers says a lot.
that would include me.the first time i saw a 5th gen the styling just reached out and grabbed me.took awhile but i finally bought one.ive had a few musclecars,and this one does everything well.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 05:49 PM   #198
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondZ28 View Post
Lol software updates are not revolutionary
Is there an update for the rear diff in your ZL1 ? I believe the SS/1LE having an eLSD is revolutionary in the world of Camaro . I would have to believe its something you wouldn't mind having in your car.
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 06:25 PM   #199
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Is there an update for the rear diff in your ZL1 ? I believe the SS/1LE having an eLSD is revolutionary in the world of Camaro . I would have to believe its something you wouldn't mind having in your car.
Yes, I would consider eLSD revolutionary in the development of limited-slips. But one piece of tech does not make an entire car. Overall the 6th Gen is considered evolutionary.

Actually I would much prefer mechanical LSD. I can’t imagine maintenance-repair costs on eLSD in 30 years. If I were to get a 6th gen, I would get a ZL1 convertible just to avoid eLSD
'87 GN
SecondZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 07:10 PM   #200
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondZ28 View Post
Yes, I would consider eLSD revolutionary in the development of limited-slips. But one piece of tech does not make an entire car. Overall the 6th Gen is considered evolutionary.

Actually I would much prefer mechanical LSD. I can’t imagine maintenance-repair costs on eLSD in 30 years. If I were to get a 6th gen, I would get a ZL1 convertible just to avoid eLSD
I have thought about long term cost and i'm more worried about the mag shocks then anything else . I just hope all this newer tech will just be old school in years to come , and it will be , and not break the bank.
Old 06-22-2018, 07:47 PM   #201
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
I can't take all the hate for the 2019 refresh crap over there ,it really got old ,i mean to a point of stupid . I don't hate the 5th gen at all i just place it at a different level in the Camaro world then most here . And more importantly 5th Gen forum has rontammy0 ,that alone is worth the price of admission.
Though you claim not, the same behavior that you complain about there, is what you're bringing here... the irony.
PDXSSCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:55 PM   #202
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
Though you claim not, the same behavior that you complain about there, is what you're bringing here... the irony.
The topic here i was commenting on from the OP was 5th Gen or 6th Gen ,right ? Does that mean i can't talk about the pluses and minuses of each even tho that was the subject ? Since i have owned two 5th Gens and now own a 6th Gen, i think i have plenty to say about which i feel is the better Camaro just as much as the 5th Gen owner that feels the 6th Gen is ugly and not popular . Only difference is i'm not going to get my feelings hurt .
Old 06-22-2018, 09:01 PM   #203
orange devil
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Ya but I have to be polite now.....
Glad your back man...what the heck happend ??
orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 09:33 PM   #204
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis66 View Post
Lol......sometimes I post things with a smile but it doesn't come across that way. Glad to be back thanks for the welcome.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 09:38 PM   #205
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
The topic here i was commenting on from the OP was 5th Gen or 6th Gen ,right ? Does that mean i can't talk about the pluses and minuses of each even tho that was the subject ? Since i have owned two 5th Gens and now own a 6th Gen, i think i have plenty to say about which i feel is the better Camaro just as much as the 5th Gen owner that feels the 6th Gen is ugly and not popular . Only difference is i'm not going to get my feelings hurt .
Yes your feelings get hurt.....you may have to get your head read now that the newly released Blazer is being compared to the 6th gen in the looks department.. ...Camaro suv.....nice.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:11 PM   #206
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Lol I hear you.....read through the comments. Some say the 6th gen is a step forward in in looks. I ssid that the current Camaro kind of looks like alot of other cars on the road. This sure proves my observation as somewhat accurate
It's funny you think the GEN6 is SO different then the GEN5 when a lot of the Magazines commented when it first came out that it wasn't a far enough departure from the GEN5.

I had to look twice going down the road when the GEN6 first came out to see if it was a mid-year refresh GEN5 or a GEN6 until I got up close.

I think your just still crushed that GM took the Camaro away from the Canadians and moved it back home...
Old 06-22-2018, 10:14 PM   #207
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis66 View Post
Yeah Rontammy0, what the heck happened?

Quote:
Yes your feelings get hurt.....you may have to get your head read now that the newly released Blazer is being compared to the 6th gen in the looks department.. ...Camaro suv.....nice.
Yup.

The 2019 Chevrolet Blazer Is Back And It Looks Like A Camaro SUV

GM beat Ford to the punch.

Ford’s ‘Mach 1’ Performance Electric CUV Won’t Be Based On The Focus Platform

PDXSSCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 12:08 AM   #208
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
It's funny you think the GEN6 is SO different then the GEN5 when a lot of the Magazines commented when it first came out that it wasn't a far enough departure from the GEN5.

I had to look twice going down the road when the GEN6 first came out to see if it was a mid-year refresh GEN5 or a GEN6 until I got up close.

I think your just still crushed that GM took the Camaro away from the Canadians and moved it back home...
Well it was a big deal for the guys at GMhere in Canada to lose the Camaro..I was glad it went to the US rather then Mexico. So at least its keeping people in America employed. I find the 6th gen lines just to similar to many other car brands ..I do see a slight similarity between them but just a bit. Maybe you need a stronger pair of ant burners when your driving so you see better.
Old 06-23-2018, 04:00 AM   #209
RvdB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2 LT RS package
I would choose a 5th gen or a Challenger��
Old 06-23-2018, 05:54 AM   #210
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Lol......sometimes I post things with a smile but it doesn't come across that way. Glad to be back thanks for the welcome.
I take things said here with a grain of salt , but in this day and age its not hard to get yourself in trouble when at the keyboard .