Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-09-2019, 01:46 PM   #1
CrimsonHawk

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2LS
Traction Control Button.

So I recently purchased a 2015 Camaro 2LS but I discovered that the traction control button on the center console does not actually do anything no matter hard or long I press it. I have poured through the manuals but have not actually found anything regarding a fix to this electrical issue. Is there anything simple I can do to fix this or do I need to take it to the dealership to have it repaired? Thank you for helping.
CrimsonHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 02:11 PM   #2
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
When you press the button, it's supposed to turn off the traction control system. A little icon will light up in the DIC indicating that it's off.

If you press the button for several seconds, that will turn off both traction control and stabilitrac. Again, another icon will light up in the DIC indicating that both the traction control and stabilitrac system are now off.

The default setting for both is on. So, you have to press the button to turn them off.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 02:51 PM   #3
CrimsonHawk

I under stand how the button works. But what I am saying is that none of what you said happens. When I press the button no light indicators come on nor does the traction control actually turn off. Same goes for the other modes.
Old 02-09-2019, 03:01 PM   #4
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Are you able to do a little diagnosing? You know, stuff like checking the fuses in the left hand side of the dash, connection under the console, etc.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 03:28 PM   #5
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
Pull that entire trim piece up, see if its connected.
Old 02-09-2019, 07:08 PM   #6
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
Sounds like there’s a possibility that the prior owners may have spilled something in there or possibly someone got to much cleaner inside the switch. It’s possible that some corrosion has now occurred. Like CamaroDreams said..pull panel and look at it for connecting issues. I would remove the switch entirely (easy to remove FYI) and spray it to clean it out with electrical component safe spray cleaner. It’s a switch that is not typical to have issues reported, which leaves me to believe you have a connection issue of a not fully seated connection or something liquid was possibly unknowingly allowed to get inside it.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:41 PM   #7
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
If the car used to be a rental or fleet vehicle they usually disconnect that switch. Lift up the panel and make sure its plugged in. The last 2 Camaros I rented , well my brother rented, I own one, had the wire disconnected and taped up.

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Arogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 03:47 PM   #8
0-120

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arogg View Post
If the car used to be a rental or fleet vehicle they usually disconnect that switch. Lift up the panel and make sure its plugged in. The last 2 Camaros I rented , well my brother rented, I own one, had the wire disconnected and taped up.
I wonder if they would ever notice if someone plugged it back in
Old 02-11-2019, 09:43 PM   #9
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arogg View Post

Ever since since Traction Control was introduced on vehicles there has been an OFF button. Because you will never be able to move a vehicle stuck in the mud or snow without spinning the tires. You just have to modulate the spin.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:50 AM   #10
CrimsonHawk

Ok, so in reply with all of you, I have lifted up the panel in the center console, and found it to be mildly dirty and sticky. Nothing that I would think would cause the traction control button to cease function. I have not yet figured out how to take the actual button off. Do I just pull it off? Or is there some kind of specific way to remove it do nothing breaks. As for one if the first comments, they mentioned that there is some other kind of fuse box? Not under the hood, that I should check out. If you mind describing how I can access it I can check it out. Thank you all for the help.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:47 AM   #11
cypressh
Canadian

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Open your drivers door, on the end of the dash in between the door and dash is a small plastic panel that can pop out, behind that is the fuse panel that was talked about.
cypressh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 04:25 PM   #12
CrimsonHawk

Ok, I see a fee different plastic panels, but not sure which one you are referring to. Could you supply a picture clarifying that, also once the panel is removed do you know which fuse controls the button?
Old 02-12-2019, 04:28 PM   #13
CrimsonHawk

Follow up on that last post. Got the panel off but still deciphering which fuse may be at fault.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:36 PM   #14
cypressh
Canadian

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Crimson hawk, Turn your car on, Take a multimeter or test light, test your connectors and see if there is continuity in them. if you do not than theres something wrong in the wiring, if theres power there, than look at your switch.

Process of elimination man. I understand we are here to help, but help us help you.
cypressh is offline   Reply With Quote