Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-03-2022, 12:46 AM   #15
chevy pilot

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6
Does anyone have Stinger HEIGH10 ?
Attached Images

chevy pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 08:01 AM   #16
Rob3D

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy pilot View Post
Does anyone have Stinger HEIGH10 ?
I was looking at this, but I’m not digging the look of the floating screen.
Rob3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 01:07 PM   #17
DRC69

Drives: 2011 RS 2LT
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM GhostrdrZ View Post
Short chassis Kenwood HU with idatalink

Looks GREAT. Very nice.
DRC69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 10:15 AM   #18
Cheap Guy

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I wish they'd make the Idalink look a little better - maybe cover the the USB and other ports or eliminate them totally and connect them to the console ports. The PAC unit would look better if they could pull the head unit closer to the front - trust me, I tried but it couldn't be done without really hacking it up.

First - 1997 Camaro 3800 Y87, M5, Green - Gone | Second - 1997 LT1 Z28, M6, Silver - Sold | Third - 1999 LS1 Z28, M6, Pewter, Almost Stock! - Sold
Current - 2011 Camaro SS, M6, black, 1LE suspension parts - Current
Cheap Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 06:54 PM   #19
Rob3D

I’m reviving this because I’ll time to dedicate to it here the next couple of weeks.

Keep the advice and guidance coming. I’m still thinking a flush system and I want apple compatible, touch screen, Bluetooth, maps

Post pics!
Old 10-07-2022, 07:09 PM   #20
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
This is an Alibaba head unit. Digital Octopus sells one similar and will have better customer support, but expect to pay a little more.
I'll eventually get to editing an install video. I liked this unit because I could see all the gauges on my quad cluster. Has Apple CarPlay. wifi, bluetooth, touchscreen, aux inputs, EQ, tons of stuff. Knobs feel cheap. I have the AUX connected to a front camera so I dont hit curbs. Had to buy a rear facing camera, the OEM one wont interface.

Attached Images

Last edited by FasNuf; 10-07-2022 at 07:29 PM.
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 07:19 AM   #21
pcguy2u

Drives: 2009 Corvette ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FasNuf View Post
This is an Alibaba head unit. Digital Octopus sells one similar and will have better customer support, but expect to pay a little more.
Do you have a link for the Digital Octopus?

TIA, Nick
Old 10-08-2022, 09:51 AM   #22
FasNuf

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcguy2u View Post
Do you have a link for the Digital Octopus?

TIA, Nick
You could just Google it, but here's their main page.

https://digitaloctopusradio.com

Here is the model closest to what I have.

https://digitaloctopusradio.com/products/do10-15

Last edited by FasNuf; 10-08-2022 at 10:01 AM.
Old 10-08-2022, 10:07 AM   #23
Joe.G

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 6SP Ashen Grey
fast was this just a plug and play option? I am not a fan of most of the Aftermarket radios but this one to me looks better than most. Whats different about yours and the one you posted.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Hotckis 1" Springs & Chassis Max Brace
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Pedders Radius Rod Inserts Strut tower brace
Hero Smoked Tail and 3rd Brake Light, Diode Dynamic SL1 Fog Lights
AeroForce Dual gauge/Autometer pillar mount.
Joe.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 10:17 AM   #24
FasNuf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.G View Post
fast was this just a plug and play option? I am not a fan of most of the Aftermarket radios but this one to me looks better than most. Whats different about yours and the one you posted.
Well let's see...When I got mine, there was zero instructions. I had to get creative on finding out how to connect it up. It was Plug and Play basically, but even that wasn't clear cut.

At the time I got mine, Digital Octopus didn't have this model on their website, but now it looks like the same one.

The biggest thing I see is they have Onstar. It looks like you have to replace the rearview mirror, but I'm not sure. I have Onstar from the factory, but only got some noise when trying to connect. Not sure if it's from the fact I don't subscribe or it's just not connected right. Like I said, zero instructions. Doesn't matter, I don't want Onstar and I love my rimless rearview mirror.

UPDATE: I just saw this from our forum that I didn't know.....

OnStar 2G ends in 2022 for 5th Gen- adapter coming
Received an email survey from OnStar Global Marketing Research which I nearly ignored. It was a sneaky way to inform owners that cell companies will do away with 2G in 2022. Any 2015 model years and older will lose OnStar service. Their solution is an adapter plugged into the OBD port. It will be available for purchase through your OnStar account. The results will be a 4G connection with no turn-by-turn directions, no calling with the onboard phone, buttons on the mirror that no longer work, but now you can get wifi. Your cell phone would have to be connected through the GM app for any of this to work. It will not work in all models.

This explains why I only got noise when I connected the Alibaba radio.. Oh well. My OBDII is cluttered enough without adding this crap to it. Between my HP Tuners dongle, Wideband sensors and my Aeroforce gauges, there's no room for non essentials.

There was no price given for any of this but they did ask if I expected to be compensated and would I be confident I could plug it in correctly.
I would pay the few extra hundred to buy from D.O. and get the support if you're not comfortable.

Alibaba would be a total horror show to get a refund or warranty.

Last edited by FasNuf; 10-09-2022 at 09:44 AM.
Old 10-08-2022, 10:43 AM   #25
Joe.G

Gotcha, I have the rimless mirror with Onstar but I don't use or need it. I read somewhere that DO is Chinese made junk but that was just one post I honestly have not done much research. I am in the very very early stages of thinking about this and I may just do speakers for now then look into an amp or something, I am not looking to shake houses like when I was a kid lol.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Old 10-08-2022, 10:48 AM   #26
FasNuf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.G View Post
Gotcha, I have the rimless mirror with Onstar but I don't use or need it. I read somewhere that DO is Chinese made junk but that was just one post I honestly have not done much research. I am in the very very early stages of thinking about this and I may just do speakers for now then look into an amp or something, I am not looking to shake houses like when I was a kid lol.
Mine from Alibaba is Chinese. There's really no major differences between mine and DO's except he might buy his from a different vendor and may have some custom features engineered. So far the unit is great and very versatile.

My unit is loud enough with the OEM Boston Acustics system. I find I have a little trouble with smooth take offs in my manual if I can't hear the engine so I run the volume low enough that I can hear the other beautiful music coming from my LSA.
Old 10-08-2022, 05:44 PM   #27
Joe.G

Same here I like to hear the car, music is just for back ground, but I still want it to sound good.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Old 10-08-2022, 06:41 PM   #28
Rob3D

The floating screen grew on me quick mostly because it’s adjustable… soooooooooo I’m going with the Kenwood Excelon DNR1007XR.

Thanks everyone that chimed in.