Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 11-29-2013, 11:54 AM   #43
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post
I can't believe you all have these things stored away in bubbles.

1- it's a car. And not a very expensive one
2- these WILL NOT be collectible, 1969 has come and gone, we missed our chances. That's coming from a guy who owns 1 of 200 something (black 2ss 1le)

I hope you all named your rides "bubble boy"

I take care of my ride because i enjoy it, but man, putting it in a bubble is extreme.
What do you care? It doesn't cost much more than a cover.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-29-2013, 02:26 PM   #44
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
What do you care? It doesn't cost much more than a cover.

I don't care, I just thought it was funny. That was my only observation.

Cost has nothing to do with it. If it was free I wouldn't own one. It can't be the easiest thing to get your car in and out of a bubble

FYI, those brembos in blue look nice, are the eibachs blue as well?
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 02:32 PM   #45
CamaroDreams07

No they were red. Can't see them anyway.

Old 11-29-2013, 08:31 PM   #46
sam5828

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky1974 View Post
I don't think they leave them sitting in one spot very long. I see them moving them around all the time. Every time I go by a local dealer, the Camaros are always in a different spot.
Believe me they may get moved on car lots but on the manufactures lots they set for months. Engines set for weeks after they are built.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
sam5828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 08:40 PM   #47
sam5828

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post
I don't care, I just thought it was funny. That was my only observation.

Cost has nothing to do with it. If it was free I wouldn't own one. It can't be the easiest thing to get your car in and out of a bubble

FYI, those brembos in blue look nice, are the eibachs blue as well?
Its easy..

sam5828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:33 PM   #48
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam5828 View Post
Believe me they may get moved on car lots but on the manufactures lots they set for months. Engines set for weeks after they are built.

To your point. A dealer has had 2 2013 hot wheels converts sitting in the same spot for 12 months.

Someone gonna buy it, baby it, and then claim it's never seen rain!
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:40 PM   #49
Ridebmx18

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3
Kinda old thread, but I wanted to know more about seafoam... I know all about it, but I recently learned that it breaks down in fuel within a 3month period or so.... So what is the point of a fuel additive again when my car only drinks 93 octane..? Here in chicago I had to put the car away just before thanksgiving and won't be pulling her out til sometime march or April when it starts warming up... I'm starting to think I should've added a fuel stabilizer or additive before I put her away and disconnected battery and hooked up tender...
Anybody agree that seafoam breaks down rather quickly?
Old 01-20-2014, 09:40 PM   #50
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
no it doesnt break down. I have it in my bikes for 6 months all winter and they start right up and run great with seafoam. With stabil they would start but would almost kill the battery. Then run like crap until i put a full tank of fresh fuel. 93 has nothing to do with how long it will last bikes were a 09 Suzuki DRZ400S and a fuel injected 03 Harley Road King
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:39 PM   #51
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
no it doesnt break down. I have it in my bikes for 6 months all winter and they start right up and run great with seafoam. With stabil they would start but would almost kill the battery. Then run like crap until i put a full tank of fresh fuel. 93 has nothing to do with how long it will last bikes were a 09 Suzuki DRZ400S and a fuel injected 03 Harley Road King
Man that doesn't make me feel good. I put StaBil in the tank according to the OP.

Hopefully everything is OK in Spring.

Old 01-20-2014, 10:58 PM   #52
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Stabil works fine just not as good as iv seen seafoam work
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 04:41 PM   #53
Jaysatthelake

Drives: 2019 2SS 6 speed convertible
I've used both Sta Bil and Seafoam is various vehicles and toys, both vintage 4 strokes, (69 Chevelle 396) and newer (06 Vette) and all 2 strokes from outboards to snowmobiles. Never had a problem with either just success. Been told by engine builders that changing the oil just before storage is best because it gets all the less than desirables out. It's also best practice to let your car dry for at least a day before covering it and certainly before encasing it in a bag or bubble. I'm also pretty sure a battery tender is needed versus just disconnecting it as my Vette's computers needed juice or required resetting. Not sure about my Camaro but seeing it the same engine as the Vettes I wouldn't want to chance it.
Jaysatthelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:47 PM   #54
mynetdude

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Silver
I can't see how you'd use a battery tender while its in the car capsule unless you plan on taking the battery out each time? That's gotta be some hassles; A) the battery is under the spare tire and B) its heavy no thanks!

I like the idea of the car capsule; less dust to clean up after storage.
mynetdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:43 PM   #55
serows1

Drives: Blue Ray 2SS
I followed the the list before storing my Camaro last October and now I am getting itchy to unwrap her and take her for a ride but before I do wanted to know if there any special instructions I need to follow before starting and or driving her when spring finally gets here?

Paul
serows1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:05 PM   #56
charlietuna

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by serows1 View Post
I followed the the list before storing my Camaro last October and now I am getting itchy to unwrap her and take her for a ride but before I do wanted to know if there any special instructions I need to follow before starting and or driving her when spring finally gets here?

Paul
Fire it up let it idle for a few minutes. Take her for a good long ride. I would check tire pressure while the car idles prior to driving.