Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-09-2022, 02:18 PM   #15
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOT A 45 View Post
Great point here....I can tell you from the discussions I've had with my GM field engineer, the problem was with the vendor. That said, make sure you only get your door from the dealer, and also make sure it's the latest part number. Look at the box carefully...make sure a new part number sticker wasn't placed over the old one and also that the number wasn't scratched out and a new one written on the box! I've seen this many times! I replaced the door in my personal car in '15 and used the updated part. Haven't had a problem since!

I've seen a lot of misinformation post's on here about blocking off heater cores heat and that's the cause of the broken doors. That's bullshit! Almost all of our vehicles use a similarly designed hvac module. Other than Equinox and Colorado I have seen no failures in any of them. Don't cheap out, don't hack your car, have the door replaced with the updated part and you'll likely never have the problem again.
Some of us keep the heat/AC knob at a few clicks off of max cold to save the door from further damage.
Blocking the heater core (in-line valve or u tube) is so the door doesn’t have to go to full close and still have nice cold AC.
Old 08-09-2022, 03:05 PM   #16
NOT A 45

Drives: 13 CAMARO 2SS LS3-04 SILVERADO LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0stones0 View Post
Some of us keep the heat/AC knob at a few clicks off of max cold to save the door from further damage.
Blocking the heater core (in-line valve or u tube) is so the door doesn’t have to go to full close and still have nice cold AC.
Don't know where these guys get the idea of keeping the temp knob in a certain place prevents anything. When you power the car off all the actuators do a sweep from one direction to the other. So you basically accomplish nothing!

Obviously, with the valve closed your not going to get heat, and with it open you will. No different that if you have a battery draw and you disconnect the battery overnight. You haven't fixed anything
NOT A 45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 05:16 PM   #17
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOT A 45 View Post
Don't know where these guys get the idea of keeping the temp knob in a certain place prevents anything. When you power the car off all the actuators do a sweep from one direction to the other. So you basically accomplish nothing!

Obviously, with the valve closed your not going to get heat, and with it open you will. No different that if you have a battery draw and you disconnect the battery overnight. You haven't fixed anything
Can only speak from my own experience but, my actuator only sweeps when the ignition is turned on, initially. Not when powering off. It does stop at where the knob is set.